Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 07:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I wouldn't assume that simply because someone is a conservative or a Republican, but – if I find out someone supports Trump or, say Palin or someone of that nature then yes. I certainly am going to assume it, because it's obviously true.
You say "it's obviously true," 'it' what? You think that a person who supported McCain/Palin over 0bama/Biden, was a misogynist, a Nazi, a bigot, etc...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Face it. The conservative movement in American has maneuvered itself into a very bad position. By embracing and advocating ignorant, shallow, utterly incompetent lunatics as their standard bearers, the conservative movement has joined themselves at the hip to those people. You can't admit that you support them, and then turn around and complain because people associate you with them and hold you accountable for their actions and their policies.

You can't have it both ways. If you support Donald Trump, then you are personally responsible for who he is and what he represents. Don't want to be associated with fascist idiots? Don't associate yourselves with fascist idiots. It's just that simple.
What I get is that you are applying ignorant stereotypes to them, because that's the only way you can view conservatives in such a callous way. I am doubting that you know anything about the views and opinions of conservatives.

Just so that there is no confusion, I'm not referring to religious conservatives at all, that is a completely different topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 09:13 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
This is very funny. First, let me say I support Trump/Pence 100% like you. I am sorry you have lost your signs. I laugh at it because I also had somebody take my Trump/Pence sign. Let me tell you ....

I ordered a Trump/Pence 2016 sign and a Support the Police sign from Trump. I am an LEO (hope you know that means Police). So, I did not want to put the police sign in my yard, you can figure that out. I put the Police sign at the front of my neighborhood at night. I live in a suburban neighborhood, a nice one. Nobody has taken down the Support the Police sign, it makes me happy.

After thinking about it, I took my Trump/Pence sign from my front yard (nobody ever bothered it, even though my neighbor had a Bernie Sanders sign!), and I moved the Trump sign to the front of the neighborhood with the Police sign again at night.

Just two days later, my Trump sign has vanished, but the Police sign remains.

I guess I didn't have a right to put the Trump/Pence sign at the front of the neighborhood, but I wanted to help everyone see the right choice to vote in November!

Old 09-01-2016, 09:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I lol'd at the bold.

As I remember when a friend of mine who I call a "super Democrat" (she is super liberal and loves the Democratic party and even volunteers for them regularly) had an Obama/Biden sticker on her car. She is upper middle class and loves to golf at country clubs. She had her car vandalized at a country club, someone kicked and dented up the bumper where her sign was. They even beat it repeatedly with a golf club. She had them check the video footage and they got on camera the guy vandalizing her car and he was identified and she was nice and said she wouldn't press charges as long as he paid for the damage, which he did and then some. He didn't even personally apologize, just cut a check for her that was delivered by the country club staff.

So it is not just liberals who like to "suppress any opposition views" and at least they are just damaging signs and not vandalizing your property.
Exactly! I've been on this board for two previous presidential elections. Trust me, both sides do it. There are some people who just don't get it.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:36 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
All these people looking at Trump as if he is a racist bigot and because they think that about Trump and you vote for Trump, then EVERY Republican is a racist bigot and that is how shallow the Democratic party is, I am surprised they haven't put us in jail yet.

By the same token I should judge them, Hillary is a liar, and she is guilty of treason and she has the murder of Americans on her back stained in the blood of her incompetence, and by the same measure, if you vote for Hillary, you are guilty of treason and your arse shouldn't even be in this country and we look at Hillary's confidant and best friend handling classified information and she is a known sympathizer to Muslim Extremists just as it is with all the liberal, they would side with Muslim Extremists, anyone who wants to destroy this country and so all the democrats are treasonous, haters of humanity, willing to sell all their integrity for a dollar, they should all be deported along with Hillary and Huma, let them hate America from some other place. Let them get their handouts from some other place cause they will never be proud of themselves here, they will never work for anything to be proud of.
This is what I don't understand. I'm not religious in any way, shape or form. However, I do respect that our country was founded on Christianity and that a huge majority of Americans are Christian. For some reason, though, so many liberals hate Christians and bash them as bigots.

Then, they do everything they can to defend Muslims. Even the most moderate of Muslims are generally much more extreme in their beliefs than your average Christian.

It's the strangest thing...

Old 09-01-2016, 11:39 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I have a couple of farms about an hour from where I live. On one farm, I have a very nice house and grounds which I allow all of the "locals" to use whenever they want. Most of the people in that area are very nice.

At this location, I have now had my EIGHTH Trump sign destroyed/vandalized. There are two cops who hunt on my land, one who fishes, and another who gets wood to heat his house. I finally called the cops (I know them all) and they are simply going to wait and arrest the offender, as the signs last about 4-6 hours.

It is sad that anyone would destroy political signs, but I will take pleasure in the knowledge that the liberal doing so will not be able to vote as a result of their effort to suppress any opposition views. What kind of idiot does such a thing? I despise Hillary; however, I would never remove/destroy a Hillary sign, as such behavior is childish and absurd.

Liberalism = Fascism

It's probably one of the cops. lol

Old 09-01-2016, 11:46 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I lol'd at the bold.

As I remember when a friend of mine who I call a "super Democrat" (she is super liberal and loves the Democratic party and even volunteers for them regularly) had an Obama/Biden sticker on her car. She is upper middle class and loves to golf at country clubs. She had her car vandalized at a country club, someone kicked and dented up the bumper where her sign was. They even beat it repeatedly with a golf club. She had them check the video footage and they got on camera the guy vandalizing her car and he was identified and she was nice and said she wouldn't press charges as long as he paid for the damage, which he did and then some. He didn't even personally apologize, just cut a check for her that was delivered by the country club staff.

So it is not just liberals who like to "suppress any opposition views" and at least they are just damaging signs and not vandalizing your property.
But what is seen from conservatives is a drop in the bucket to what we see from Democrats and Liberals, they even have their leader insinuating that it is a war against police officers and we are watching police die and they aint dying at the hands of conservatives are they?

Car being dent one place or some random destruction of property from a conservative cannot be compared to full out violence at the hands of democrats and even the rationalization from Obama or Hilary that cops are the enemy is a pretty damning thing. This country has lost all it's gains from racism and it isn't the white American perpetrating these divisions, it is leaders like Obama driving a wedge of hatred between blacks and whites, even to driving home a travesty as to vilify all our cops and our troops just like it was in the 60's.

These current Democratic leaders want a race war and whatever was gained by those first heros like Martin Luther and other equal rights warriors has all been lost and now you walk in public and people of color aint looking at you like they did ten years ago. All I see is hate in people's eyes nowadays from a lot of people who would not have acted like that without the guidance of leaders like Obama trying to bring a race war.

I grew up being raised by black women and I used to hang out with black people even when I was the only white guy around and everyone just wanted to be cool, it didn't matter then, and nowadays a white man amongst blacks is hated for some stupid reason as if I had done something to them, as if I owe them something other than my friendship.

Obama has turned the ship around and headed backwards as if he was urinating on all the accomplishments of those first black equal rights leaders of the past.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:01 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Cops will wait and arrest the offender? Seems like a serious misuse of their time if on the clock or their personal time, if not.

Why assume the thief (s) is/ are liberal. No shortage of Consevatives who oppose Trump. No shortage of kids who take anything not nailed down.

I don't understand the purpose of political yard signs.
...or bumper stickers.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Checking in on Sign gate.

No news is good news?

Old 09-01-2016, 05:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
But what is seen from conservatives is a drop in the bucket to what we see from Democrats and Liberals, they even have their leader insinuating that it is a war against police officers and we are watching police die and they aint dying at the hands of conservatives are they?

Car being dent one place or some random destruction of property from a conservative cannot be compared to full out violence at the hands of democrats and even the rationalization from Obama or Hilary that cops are the enemy is a pretty damning thing. This country has lost all it's gains from racism and it isn't the white American perpetrating these divisions, it is leaders like Obama driving a wedge of hatred between blacks and whites, even to driving home a travesty as to vilify all our cops and our troops just like it was in the 60's.

These current Democratic leaders want a race war and whatever was gained by those first heros like Martin Luther and other equal rights warriors has all been lost and now you walk in public and people of color aint looking at you like they did ten years ago. All I see is hate in people's eyes nowadays from a lot of people who would not have acted like that without the guidance of leaders like Obama trying to bring a race war.

I grew up being raised by black women and I used to hang out with black people even when I was the only white guy around and everyone just wanted to be cool, it didn't matter then, and nowadays a white man amongst blacks is hated for some stupid reason as if I had done something to them, as if I owe them something other than my friendship.

Obama has turned the ship around and headed backwards as if he was urinating on all the accomplishments of those first black equal rights leaders of the past.
I would suggest doing a search for the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections. I recall many such threads, from all sides.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:13 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,170,383 times
We were trying to sell a house one time in a very down market. Every weekend we would have open houses. We'd put those open house signs up at the main road and down in front of our house. The signs up at the main road were regularly taken away, and there were several other houses around me who were also trying to sell their homes. Anyway, I got tired of buying new signs every week so we started sitting behind bushes nearby in our car to try to catch whoever was doing it. While we were there someone took the one in our front yard.

Then I called the local police to ask for their help and they took it quite seriously that someone came into our yard to grab that sign. We never solved the problem, but we did learn that coming up into someone's property to take something is a no-no.

Some years ago a very close friend (white) watched 2 black gals walk down the street, march up into her yard and take away her Ron Paul sign. I would have run after them but I guess she just let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies