Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2016, 02:28 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,722,651 times

Advertisements

I'm tolerant of all people and their political affiliation. But when I wore my Trump shirt out in public, I get stares and snickers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Interesting isn't it, that the so called "tolerant" left is nothing of the kind?

It's the Hilary and Sanders voters who go to the rallies of the other candidates and shout, push, call people names, and start fights, and travel in mobs to chase people down and beat the crap out of them. Or destroy their yard signs.
I know. Then they cry about how violent Trump's rallies are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
A Trump sign takes things to a whole new level though. It is not much different than flying a Nazi flag over your home and then getting upset when people get pissed off about it.
This is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- What a hateful, ignorant remark. How despicable! Meanwhile you libs love to tell everybody just how educated and tolerant you all are. Oh the irony!
This is what drives me nuts.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:13 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
IMO, people that put up yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. are asking for trouble and deserve whatever happens to them. No matter which party or side of the aisle you support, intentionally doing something that you know may anger about 50% of the population is stupid. I just automatically assume that anyone with a political sign or bumper stickers is an insufferable jerk that I want nothing to do with.

A Trump sign takes things to a whole new level though. It is not much different than flying a Nazi flag over your home and then getting upset when people get pissed off about it.
You clearly assume the worst in people, and expect the worst in people. I see how you allow your personal bias to insert rigid stereotypes in people you do not even know.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:28 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You're deflecting from what you said. You equated a Trump sign to a Nazi flag

You keep spewing the lie that Trump is "racist", "bigoted" and "xenophobic" despite your arguments being debunked several times over. The fact that you refused to believe that he is none of those things says that you are either highly intolerant or you are being willfully ignorant because what is true doesn't fit your narrative.

Between now and the election, you need to retreat to your safe place.
It's easily manipulated people like that who went along with propaganda and acquiesced to all the unfair things they did to German Jews back in the day.

I don't see the difference between a racial bigot, and a social bigot? They will both despise a complete stranger based solely upon their ignorant, preconceived stereotypes.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:34 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,634,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
My experience has been, that if a liberal finds out you are a conservative or Republican, they instantly hate your guts, and assume all those wild negative stereotypes apply to you.
I wouldn't assume that simply because someone is a conservative or a Republican, but – if I find out someone supports Trump or, say Palin or someone of that nature then yes. I certainly am going to assume it, because it's obviously true.

Face it. The conservative movement in American has maneuvered itself into a very bad position. By embracing and advocating ignorant, shallow, utterly incompetent lunatics as their standard bearers, the conservative movement has joined themselves at the hip to those people. You can't admit that you support them, and then turn around and complain because people associate you with them and hold you accountable for their actions and their policies.

You can't have it both ways. If you support Donald Trump, then you are personally responsible for who he is and what he represents. Don't want to be associated with fascist idiots? Don't associate yourselves with fascist idiots. It's just that simple.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:36 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
IMO, people that put up yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. are asking for trouble and deserve whatever happens to them. No matter which party or side of the aisle you support, intentionally doing something that you know may anger about 50% of the population is stupid. I just automatically assume that anyone with a political sign or bumper stickers is an insufferable jerk that I want nothing to do with.

Yea, it's JUST like flying a Nazi flag. Oh wait, no it's not.

It's called free speech. The fact that the left is so desperate to push Clinton that they try to control the narrative, and have decided that supporting a political candidate is now a hate crime, changes nothing. It's still free speech. And while you may disagree with the candidate, you cannot destroy someone's property because you FEEL that they are in the wrong.

The fact that you feel it angers liberals to support Trump says far more about liberals than it does about Trump supporters.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:50 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yea, it's JUST like flying a Nazi flag. Oh wait, no it's not.

It's called free speech. The fact that the left is so desperate to push Clinton that they try to control the narrative, and have decided that supporting a political candidate is now a hate crime, changes nothing. It's still free speech. And while you may disagree with the candidate, you cannot destroy someone's property because you FEEL that they are in the wrong.

The fact that you feel it angers liberals to support Trump says far more about liberals than it does about Trump supporters.
Aint it, it's not hard for anyone to figure out, a child could figure it out. Who sees violent freaking protests against Democrats? Where are all the violent conservatives stopping traffic in big cities cause they are little whiney babies? But you go to a conservative rally and you have to fight through all the crazy ass people who don't want to work and they have all the time in the world to fight against people who do have jobs. There will put tents in the freaking park and act as if they are saving the world when everyone knows they are being paid to do all this protesting.

Intolerant, racists, bigots?

I see all that in an intolerant liberal purple haired idiot who doesn't think he should work for anything and they think they should take the money away from people who do work so's they aint gotta work.

They have plenty of reason to protest because a man might come along and take all your entitlements away and they might actually have to get a job, either way, social security will be cut off sooner or later just from illegal immigration and they mama is not going to get her check for them to live off anymore.

Too may entitled brats living off they mama and aint never had a job except for working as a protester for George Sorose and the democratic party and spending they mama's money, they need to be kicked out of the nest so they quit crying thinking everyone owes them a life, that they should have free schooling, free health care and global healthcare at that but they want somebody else to foot the bill every freaking time.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:58 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Aint it, it's not hard for anyone to figure out, a child could figure it out. Who sees violent freaking protests against Democrats? Where are all the violent conservatives stopping traffic in big cities cause they are little whiney babies? But you go to a conservative rally and you have to fight through all the crazy ass people who don't want to work and they have all the time in the world to fight against people who do have jobs. There will put tents in the freaking park and act as if they are saving the world when everyone knows they are being paid to do all this protesting.

Intolerant, racists, bigots?

I see all that in an intolerant liberal purple haired idiot who doesn't think he should work for anything and they think they should take the money away from people who do work so's they aint gotta work.

They have plenty of reason to protest because a man might come along and take all your entitlements away and they might actually have to get a job, either way, social security will be cut off sooner or later just from illegal immigration and they mama is not going to get her check for them to live off anymore.

Too may entitled brats living off they mama and aint never had a job except for working as a protester for George Sorose and the democratic party and spending they mama's money, they need to be kicked out of the nest so they quit crying thinking everyone owes them a life, that they should have free schooling, free health care and global healthcare at that but they want somebody else to foot the bill every freaking time.
But don't you know? Everything should be free.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:02 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,903,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I'm tolerant of all people and their political affiliation. But when I wore my Trump shirt out in public, I get stares and snickers.
As well you should....

There's a difference between tolerance and legitimate ridicule.... Just because people stare and snicker at you for supporting Trump doesn't make them intolerant.

For instance, I wholeheartedly believe that people's right to adhere to fairy tales ( i.e. religion ) should be tolerated if that's what makes them happy in life, but just because we tolerate it does not mean we should refrain from ridiculing, scrutinizing, and criticizing those beliefs when they conflict with provable fact. We should not pretend, for instance, that creationism and evolution are equally legitimate theories in the name of tolerance.

So, yes. We should all tolerate your right to support a man who is wholly unfit and unqualified to hold the office he seeks, but that doesn't give you immunity from criticism for doing so.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:08 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
But don't you know? Everything should be free.

All these people looking at Trump as if he is a racist bigot and because they think that about Trump and you vote for Trump, then EVERY Republican is a racist bigot and that is how shallow the Democratic party is, I am surprised they haven't put us in jail yet.

By the same token I should judge them, Hillary is a liar, and she is guilty of treason and she has the murder of Americans on her back stained in the blood of her incompetence, and by the same measure, if you vote for Hillary, you are guilty of treason and your arse shouldn't even be in this country and we look at Hillary's confidant and best friend handling classified information and she is a known sympathizer to Muslim Extremists just as it is with all the liberal, they would side with Muslim Extremists, anyone who wants to destroy this country and so all the democrats are treasonous, haters of humanity, willing to sell all their integrity for a dollar, they should all be deported along with Hillary and Huma, let them hate America from some other place. Let them get their handouts from some other place cause they will never be proud of themselves here, they will never work for anything to be proud of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies