Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 11:39 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

we can ALWAYS count on YOU to educate us "Christians are the same or worse."
Most people aren't saying any such thing.

What some are pointing out is that:

1. Historically, Christianity has had many examples of vile behavior. However, I would point out that most of Christianity has mellowed and become more-Christ-like than it once was.
2. There are still a few sects of Christianity that are pretty vile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 11:42 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
The Muslim Brotherhood lynched a beautiful, young Coptic woman on the streets. She was returning from delivering medicine to an elderly woman. This was a group of young men. Seeing her cross in her car window they forced her car to a stop, dragged her out the car, beat her to death so badly that pieces of her skull had to be picked up off the street.

I'm mulatto. Ethnically Black-American. I know you cry no tears of sorrow for a young woman mobbed attacked by men in numbers. But you would bemoan the same happening to a gay man or black man. For me it is the same kind of lynch hate. It does not matter if the victim is a Christian girl, Muslim boy, black man, transsexual, or gay man.

A people by majority vote can elect an Adolf Hitler or Nazi party. Democracy is no sacred thing and can be worse than a benevolent dictatorship.
I cry tears of sorrow for that young woman. And I equally cry tears of sorrow for the gay or black man who suffers the same fate. But I don't decide that every Muslim is evil because of the acts of a few, nor every Christian is evil for the acts of a few. That's the distinction the OP and many others here fail to make.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:42 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Same could be said about African-Americans who vote 95% Democrat, if they really cared about Gay Rights, as all Democrats like to claim that they do, they would speak up about the dismal conditions of LGBT community in Africa.
And this is a very good example of the worst of American thinking. That everyone in a political group needs to think the same and have the same primary interests and focuses.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:43 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
You always need dictators to protect the Minorities in Muslim countries.

When given a free hand, the Egyptian Muslims chose 'Muslim Brotherhood' (who Obama also supported).

"Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Quran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." - Muslim Brotherhood
I was just pointing out that Jews spoke badly about Samaritans and Jesus pointed out that it could be a Samaritan, or in this case a Muslim, who saves you. Not all Muslims are bad people looking to harm gay people. Yes, Muslims are the equivalent of a very conservative sect of Christians. They are pretty Old Testament. Actions are more important than intent or grace for them. But you will still find plenty of Muslims that due to their personality are sensitive to the needs and struggles of others.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
The Muslim Brotherhood lynched a beautiful, young Coptic woman on the streets. She was returning from delivering medicine to an elderly woman. This was a group of young men. Seeing her cross in her car window they forced her car to a stop, dragged her out the car, beat her to death so badly that pieces of her skull had to be picked up off the street.
sad indeed

Quote:
I'm mulatto. Ethnically Black-American. I know you cry no tears of sorrow for a young woman mobbed attacked by men in numbers. But you would bemoan the same happening to a gay man or black man. For me it is the same kind of lynch hate. It does not matter if the victim is a Christian girl, Muslim boy, black man, transsexual, or gay man.
You know absolutely nothing. Stop trying to make people out to be the bad guy just for the sake of arguing.

I have no idea why you chose to write something so vulgar without an ounce of truth, but you need to step back and think about it before you do it again.

Quote:
A people by majority vote can elect an Adolf Hitler or Nazi party. Democracy is no sacred thing and can be worse than a benevolent dictatorship.
We can agree in this instance, but it doesnt make what I said in my post any less true. Our claimed goal was to allow the people of Egypt to choose their own government. They choose the brotherhood.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:54 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,913,612 times
GAY people aren't safe in America either we have no room to talk. We may not have laws against the acts but Americans take the law into there own hands by killing beating Gay Americans

Old 08-28-2016, 11:58 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
GAY people aren't safe in America either we have no room to talk. We may not have laws against the acts but Americans take the law into there own hands by killing beating Gay Americans
The most horrific attack on LGBT happened in Orlando, by a Muslim Democrat.
Democrats say one thing, do completely other.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:01 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Most people aren't saying any such thing.

What some are pointing out is that:

1. Historically, Christianity has had many examples of vile behavior. However, I would point out that most of Christianity has mellowed and become more-Christ-like than it once was.
2. There are still a few sects of Christianity that are pretty vile.
But in today’s context, it’s absurd to equate Islam and Christianity. Pointing to the Spanish Inquisition tends to undermine the point rather than confirm it: if you have to look back three hundred years to find atrocities, it’s because there are so few of them today. The mass crimes committed under the name of Islam, by contrast, are fresh and openly boasted about.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But in today’s context, it’s absurd to equate Islam and Christianity. Pointing to the Spanish Inquisition tends to undermine the point rather than confirm it: if you have to look back three hundred years to find atrocities, it’s because there are so few of them today. The mass crimes committed under the name of Islam, by contrast, are fresh and openly boasted about.
Uganda wasn't three hundred years ago, it was two years ago.

Try again.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:04 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Uganda wasn't three hundred years ago, it was two years ago.

Try again.
No I am not going to try again. If you want to use uganda as an example to prove Christians are as violent or anti-gay as Majority of the Muslim countries. You are the one who should try again, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies