Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 04:23 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Excellent post. But it will be scrolled past by the OP and all the anti-Muslim factions because they refuse to admit that their own religion is also responsible for many of the ongoing atrocities aimed at the gay community today.

The "kill the gay" movement in Uganda, which was fostered and fed by American fundamentalist Christians, is an atrocity most right wingers pretend never happened, and I'd be willing to bet not a single right wing responder in this thread will even address it. They can't handle that level of truth.
MOM beat you to it (changing the subject).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 04:28 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
I'm not a Christian and even if I was and knew this was happening during my life time I would speak out!

Are there any Christians doing this?

What an appalling excuse to such a horrible video and images that we know are very true and happening on a daily base!

Old 08-28-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Maybe you personally don't believe that, but just read through the threads right here on C-D. There are many who do.

This very thread you are posting in, in its title, puts the word "peaceful" in quotes. What is the purpose of that if not to imply that the Muslim religion as a whole is not peaceful? The OP makes no such distinction between the relatively small faction of radicals and the entire religion, but paints with a broad brush the millions upon millions of peaceful Muslims right along with the relatively small group of radicals. And I bet there isn't a single poster or reader here who didn't know exactly which religion the OP was referring to with that title.

Now, should we put the word "peaceful" in quotes to describe Christianity because a fundamentalist Christian sect fostered a movement in Uganda that led to a "kill the gays" law being passed which made being gay a crime punishable by death? You would say that was unfair, to imply the religion as a whole wasn't peaceful because of the actions of a few, wouldn't you? So would I. But you say nothing about that when it is applied to Muslims in the title of this thread.

Why don't you ask the OP why he put a "peaceful" religion in quotes in his title if he didn't mean to label all Muslims as bad? I'd be interested in hearing the answer to that.
I can answer that one (it's an easy one): the word "peaceful" is often included because our media and the left frantically try to drum into our heads the very specific point that (every one say it together, now) Islam is a religion of peace.
So you know, irony, blowback, sarcasm, Dilbert, Kafka, etc. etc.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:35 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
I bet conservatives get jealous...wishing they could get away with that. Muslims and conservatives actually share a lot of views in common.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I bet conservatives get jealous...wishing they could get away with that. Muslims and conservatives actually share a lot of views in common.
Sick, truly sick. But mind-numbingly predictable, like (bad) kabuki theater.
Didn't get the memo from Dear Leader about "civil discourse"??

Old 08-28-2016, 04:41 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm not a Christian and even if I was and knew this was happening during my life time I would speak out!

Are there any Christians doing this?

What an appalling excuse to such a horrible video and images that we know are very true and happening on a daily base!
Yeah, there are, though probably not on the level of the Middle East. Anti-sodomy laws are still on the books in the majority of the Caribbean and heavily supported, from the church on down. This culture causes gays, especially gay men, to get beaten and killed on a regular basis.

Religions are not peaceful by nature, especially the Abrahamic religions. They have violence written all throughout their texts, given the times they were written. The closest thing to a "religion of peace" is Buddhism, but even then in Sri Lanka, Buddhists have rioted and killed Muslims in their country. The problem is religion itself, which gives humans justification to divide themselves and create a class of "others" they can treat subhumanly.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:42 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yet it is always the Democrats shouting that; Islam is like every other religion, the crusades, etc.

Enough of apologizing for the death cult.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:20 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee
Don't watch if you can't handle graphic images/video!

For people in denial how Muslims treat Gays while yelling Allah Akbar a must seen!

How can the world stand by and not act!
Yup they are so brainwashed and living a lie with thier FAKE/MADE UP RELIGION!!

They have NO IDEA how god feels about ppl who love the same sex........ He might not gives 2 craps!!

Religion sucks!! -- JUST A FORM OF CONTROL.......

Old 08-28-2016, 08:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The Left has a simple solution for this: ban tall buildings.
My solution is drop a neutron bomb on the region.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
And the right has a simple solution: ban gay people.
You'll get bloated if you continue chugging that much liberal kook-aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies