Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yes. They are known as the Democrat party.

In fact-Russia has had to deal with Islamic extremism for decades. They do a better job at it than we do. They actually support governments that oppose extremists, rather than trying to topple them and create a vacuum for groups such as ISIS to fill. You would think we would be smart enough to learn from Bush's mess in Iraq and from Obama's debacles with Yemen, Libya and the takeover of Egypt by the Muslim Brohood. But no-we insist on destabilizing governments and creating a vacuum for ISIS and other Islamic extremist groups.
Yeah, Chechnya was a bang-up job

Russia War with Chechnya,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 07:12 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,843,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They lie because you say so?
No, because it's the well-known fact.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
So many defenders of Russia on this site--one wonders how many are compensated for their posts--or how many are directly Russian trolls---as Russia does have a robust internet disinformation program going.
Thank God there is Russia!

Old 09-19-2016, 08:59 PM

Another "mistake"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rno1q4M150&feature

Old 09-20-2016, 10:32 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Let's not make believe you have the faintest idea what you are taking about.

Washington's desire to topple the Assad government has been well documented, and ongoing for years. It is also ADMITTED by Obama that we provided support to the "Moderate Rebels" fighting the Syrian defense forces ... as if to insinuate we are not supporting the real bad guys named ISIS, as if there were some difference. There is no difference given that they all are trying to achieve that same goal of overthrowing Assad.

This isn't rocket science, and one only needs a memory greater than a house fly, and a couple of working brain cells to understand that ISIS is a US supported proxy to do what Congress refused to authorize .... direct US military action for regime change in Syria, just as was done in Iraq.

We supported/employed AlQaeda and ISIS terrorists in the overthrow of Libya already. Benghazi was the new activity center for funneling military hardware through Turkey, and into the hands of anti-Assad rebels (ISIS).

Russia, on the other hand has been a long term Ally of Syria, and it looks as though Syria is where Russia has chosen to draw the line on US terrorist backed nation destruction. It is also why the media and Obama continues to demonize Putin/Russia, even as Russia has successfully caused, and continues to causr much harm to the sub-human terrorists named ISIS.

This explains why Russia is able to cause more harm to ISIS in a week, than the US can manage in several months. It is because we have no intention of harming ISIS .... ISIS is our proxy. Any suggestion by the media that we are fighting ISIS is a bold face lie.

The only "Intelligence Failure" going on here is on the part of the dumbed down American populace that apparently can no longer put 2 and 2 together.
I would never say that the US isn't part of the problem with their support of moderate militia and terrorists who suit our needs in Syria and elsewhere. The point is Russia's sudden morality to call a UN special session because the US hit their military, where have they been for the last year while Assad bombed civilians and used chemical weapons on his own countrymen.

The few reports coming out of Syria indicated that Russia was more interested in killing Syrian Militia than ISIS.

Meanwhile a human aid convoy of 31 trucks was bombed in Northern Aleppo destroying 18, neither Russia or Syria will take responsibility, maybe they blew themselves up. Maybe Russia will call for another UN Security council special session.

Russia denies responsibility for aid convoy strike - News from Al Jazeera

Old 09-20-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Thank God there is Russia!
Yep...thank God---or someone.
Russian apologists aside---Russia isin Syria for their own interests...and no one elses.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:52 AM

1,050 posts, read 506,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wow, sounds like MURDER to me........USA, USA, USA!!!!

Great, and as a topper, it sounds like the USA is supporting a bunch of grubby Islamists.....wow, that makes a lot of sense.

I wonder if the Libs/Dog****ocrats are going to be calling for the UN/ICC to come into the
USA and take a certain POTUS into custody.........NAH, hypocrites to the core!
Right! POUNCE on any opportunity to vilify liberals and dems! Good boy!

Except it's all a crock and a spin. Try to find corroborating reports on Google and read the one or two you do find.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:29 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
WOW! I see how you got your 'Senior' status.

You took two facts--in bold--and spun a wonderful conspiracy fantasy out of them....I applaud your skills
Remind us. Why did we go into Syria?

Old 09-20-2016, 01:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
I see it this way: It is a war, a war started by the US at a time (from 2006 on according to leaked docs) when there was no problem in Syria, yet. So, what Obama says now is simply irrelevant as the US has no moral foundation anymore, it is hopelessly discredited in that entire region.
Russia sure has its own agenda, but they did not start the war, they are actually doing the right thing, they defend the elected government of Syria against a rebellion started from abroad.

It is a war, so why are people complaining about civilian victims? Look at previous wars like WW I and II, millions of civilian victims there. Wars only make sense when fought till one side wins, else all the destruction was in vain. So, if I were Assad and the Russians, I would crush the rebels with every means available and set an example for other countries like Iran, where the next rebellion is already being instigated by the US government.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Remind us. Why did we go into Syria?
Because Obama gave in to the clammering from the Right and wanted to seem 'strong' on Foreign Policy.
Syria, and all of the Middle East, is a Tar-baby of ginormous proportions.

We should stay strictly neutral in all of that mess. I don't care about the 'Caliphate' or people living under Sharia law 5,000 miles away...I'm concerned that the Right-wing nut-jobs will end up being the tail that wags the dog.

My policy..would be one of strict containment--and free flow of oil---to us.

People get the Govt. they deserve...both in the world at large--and here in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies