Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 07:32 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
I'm getting tired of people on city data not understanding racism. What is the problem it's not a hard concept. All white people are racist (unless you take the steps to unlearn the beliefs) because they are born into a racist white supremacist society that imbues them with racist ideals from birth:

You go to school with no black people or people of color, you read books with no black people, you go to plays, watch movies, go to the supermarket with no black people or people of color. You learn a Eurocentric curriculum that teaches you that white people did everything in history and the rest of people did nothing. You turn on the tv and you see no black people or people of color. Then you watch the lopsided news which depicts white people as individuals and everyone else as a group, but all the group's stereotypes are negative. If all these things don't have an impact on your psychology from birth then you are delusional and you don't have permission to speak about or to any black person or person of color because you are so far out of touch with society that you should just sit down and pray to God to give you the ability to critically think.

Let's take two questions and dissect them to see the truth about black racism versus white racism:

1. How does white racism adversely affect the lives of black people as a group:

Education, housing, health-care, employment opportunities, and the list goes on.

2. How does black racism adversely affect the lives of white people as a group:

I can't think of any examples. How does a black person saying "f white people, they look like cheese, and shed" affect the lives of white people as a group? How does this translate into any tangible thing where a law can come into place and affect the lives of white people as a group? How? Please let me know!

Racism is white people's problem, it is a pathology that's been handed down generation by generation and if it's not taught to you in the home it's taught & reinforced outside of the home by way of every single governmental institution. The day white people want racism to be over racism will be over. You can turn into a model Minority black person and you will still get racist treatment because America is a system based off of white supremacy ideology, white people are just the agents of the system. You can't do or say anything to them to make them not think that they are not better than you, that you are subhuman, that you are inferior, that you are a threat--nothing. It is up to white people (if they want) to admit to themselves that they are racist and they are working to unlearn their racist beliefs and spread the word of anti racism.

That is all good night.
I'll have to assume this is parody?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
troll post.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:37 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,280,080 times
IMGUR: White Liberal Protester to Black Cop: You Don’t Understand Racism

YOUTUBE: White Liberal Protester to Black Cop: You Don’t Understand Racism

She says “you are kept down by your race even if you won’t accept it! It is a fact of life! You’re a black man! You will never reach the same pinnacle as a white man in this system because you are black.”

Horseshoe Theory. Those exact hateful words, with that exact amount of venom, could easily come out of the mouth of a right-wing extremist (Alt Right) or a left-wing extremist (Regressive Left).

And if it's the system, if all white people are systematically participating in a hopelessly racist apparatus, then is the only answer revolution? Is the only answer getting rid of the white people? Must that be the end goal? And how is that not racist?

Here are some selected comments from Reddit:
Quote:
Watching the exchange happen makes clear how baffled they are at the police officer for not being the dancing pet they want him to be. He's contradicting the narrative, and they are shocked.

Most SJWs are racists who feel guilty for being racist and project all over everyone else.

The sad part is, these people are college students. They are meant to be the future of this country. The most racist, ignorant, uneducated and biased individuals, and they are going to college, getting bull$hit degrees, and making life worse for everyone.

Tell me why we are just supposed to look at these SJWs, ignore what they say, treat it as "oh it's just a few crazies online" and move on?

For YEARS people on the right had been saying there was indoctrination going on in colleges, and we were mocked for it. For YEARS the right said there was a liberal bias in the media, and was mocked for it. Guess what, they were indeed right. And this is the end product of it. Pure, unadulterated racism disguised as "justice."

This vile, racist piece of trash says that "you will never achieve anything because you are black." And yet I'm racist because I believe people should be treated equally, without regard for race, judged on their merits and deeds and actions, not where they were born or what they look like?

According to the SJW narrative we're not allowed to be inclusive anymore because it doesn't do enough to highlight our differences. We have to be separated by our race and only help people of our own race. It's racist to suggest we try to accept people as people regardless of race, because then you're not loudly proclaiming the predefined limitations that society imposes on them for their race. Unless we bring it up constantly, and reaffirm the problem, it's not going to go away.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:41 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,280,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Humans are biologically hard-wired to notice patterns, and to understand the difference between your "in-group" and an "out-group".
What is the Monkeysphere?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:41 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
I think that black people should stop trying to engage hateful non-black people in regards to discussions about racism.

There are people who are hard headed and they will never listen to you or even acknowledge that there is a such thing as racism.

Our energy would be better spent building coalitions between all Americans of all ethnicities who are not ignorant enough to act like there is no longer a such thing as systematic racism. Contrary to what you see here on CD there are many white people who know that it exist and know that black people specifically face a racist society. They just don't know what to do to remedy the situation and many times they are also verbally assaulted by the equally idiotic black nationalist type of people who want to make them the devil just because they have white skin.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:42 AM

I also agree with branholm in that just because racism exist and has an impact on black Americans, doesn't mean that we cannot achieve both personal and communal goals. We can in spite of it and we should not use racism as an excuse to not better our personal lives or our neighborhoods/communities of which we live. It is never going to go away. We must acknowledge this fact and keep moving and achieving along with recognizing it and explaining it to sympathizers.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:43 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'll have to assume this is parody?

I thought the same thing but I think the OP is serious.

Racism springs from Fear.
I see the idiots on TV jumping on Police cars and looting. I guess in the hood that is what they do for fun.
I have a real fear that they might come to my neighborhood. Is that racist?

There is nothing like a good riot to perpetuate a negative stereotype.
They are looting stores to steal merchandise. I'm yet to see anyone loot the library...

Old 09-23-2016, 07:48 AM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I do believe America is and can be systematically racist. I don't think it has a significant impact on black people's ability to succeed. I also believe that there is white privilege. I just don't think it has any impact on black people's ability to succeed. I do think black people need to try a whole lot harder to get at the same level as white people in most cases. However, I do think black people can usually get there if they apply themselves hard enough.

I do think black people has let racism be our excuse for way too long. Yeah racism is out there, and yes society can be quite unfair as a result of it. This doesn't mean that a black person with enough drive and determination can't succeed. I would like to think I'm a very successful black professional. And I honestly am only succeessful because I spent so much time worrying about being the best at what I do, and not racism. Hell if someone did want to look down on me because I am black, that made me want to try even harder.

People are going to be racist, people who run the government and this country are going to be racist. That is why we need to get to a free market where racism basically become irrelevant. The only reason why racism can be relevant or powerful is because we give central authorities the ability to pick winners and losers. Let's let the market pick the winners and losers.
I generally agree with this. Anyone can succeed if they work hard. If you produce good content, people will find you and want what you have to offer. In most cases, all people like to be around people who know what they are doing and people who are successful regardless of race.

My default is never to assume racism. If someone is truly racist, it will show itself.

I grew up as a service brat. When you live in Turkey, and there are a small number of Americans in the immediate area - race tends to take a back seat and you learn to work together with all people... and you see that there are plenty of good people in all races that do not operate with racial preferences.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM

Also, on the OP and the statement that racism is "white people's problem." I feel you should just accept this and let them work on their problem. It is not up to us to solve other people's problems. However, we do have to ensure that we strategize and set goals and achieve those goals for ourselves and our communities. We have no obligation to solve the problems or racist and we should not focus so much on it as it distracts us from more pressing issues of black individuals and neighborhoods.

IMO educational quality and higher educational achievement should be a priority for black people to focus on. Healthcare should be a priority for black people to focus on. Building economic strength should be a priority for black people to focus on.

If racism gets in the way of those to a wide degree, then it should be dealt with directly by a side committee/organization but it should not be a primary focus IMO because at this point in time it does not get in the way directly to a wide degree. Education, Economics and Healthcare are more important to us as a demographic in the 21st century to focus on. We've focused on fighting racism and have achieved GREATNESS on this issue in getting positive change that has directly, positively impacted this country. We can do the same on the other issues.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Default Question....

But how do you discern if it's really racism causing your problems or just.... you (that people don't like)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies