Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 09:12 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I practice with my handgun at least 3 times a week, every week. My wife is also very comfortable with handguns and she shoots with me often. Our first and primary line of defense is still a home defense shotgun, 12ga. I live in a rural area and I'm not really worried about penetrating walls other than into other bedrooms in our home. If someone kicks in a door here they're going to get a face full of buck shot long before they get any handgun rounds, it's just a whole lot quicker and easier in the dark in a high pressure situation. 12ga buck shot will fill a stairway pretty well, it's difficult to miss at that point.
I see. I am going to read the posts in the gun forum. Thank you for the info by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 09:14 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think maybe this lady is a business owner. Those boxes seem like the store supplies. I agree that these thieves seem to have a plan. This is not some random home invasion. They perhaps knew that this asian lady was some kind of business owner.

It looks like this asian lady was not at all surprised, perhaps similar things happened to her before.
She owns a restaurant and seafood business - looks like she uses this place for storage of supplies. She told the police she sleeps there because it is convenient to her business. This is an unincorporated area near Atlanta. The home invasion happened shortly before 4 am when she heard them kick in the door. The County website where I found the information also lists another home invasion just like this.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:15 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,332,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It has everything to do with race. Look at the OP.
sorry probably should have just put home invasion video and let people guess the race of the perpetrators.

hard not to mention race when blacks make up 13% of the population but commit over half the homicides. young black males aged 15-34, who are 3% of the population have such unbelievably high crime stats

They say A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse and interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white, I wonder what those stats look like for asian on black crime.

the sad part is Antonio leeks probably had a ton of kids he fathered and was just "turning his life around" like so many icons of black lives matters

rip antonio leeks

this sexy bad ass lady was another racist who doesnt understand black suffering and black culture

Old 09-23-2016, 09:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I know all we have is a short B&W video to go from but there seems to be some other questions that need to be answered...

Who has multiple security cameras in their home recording like that all the time, what's in all those boxes and why were those guys trying to steal them? I'm not defending those thieves at all but it sure looked like they had a plan. Common home invaders don't run in packs of 3 with everyone carrying a gun, those guys were looking for something they knew was in that house and that Asian lady knew someone might want something in that house one day bad enough to invest in a lot of security for it...

Just my observation.
I also assumed she was a business owner, and either lives in an area that's been hit with crime, or has been the target of crime in the past.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:18 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
She owns a restaurant and seafood business - looks like she uses this place for storage of supplies. She told the police she sleeps there because it is convenient to her business. This is an unincorporated area near Atlanta. The home invasion happened shortly before 4 am when she heard them kick in the door. The County website where I found the information also lists another home invasion just like this.
Thank you Kibby.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:19 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I also assumed she was a business owner, and either lives in an area that's been hit with crime, or has been the target of crime in the past.
One thing's for sure: this lady took a major bite out of crime in her area.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:23 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Someone got shot doing a home invasion. Why is there a desire to make this a race issue?

Old 09-23-2016, 09:35 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
A news reporter stated she was the manager of a restaurant and the man in the video was her roommate.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:37 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
If they worked as hard at learning plumbing and electrical work instead of crime we wouldn't have to import Hispanic labor.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Good for this woman.

Only down side - That she didn't put down all 3 of those thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies