Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do think reincarnation is real?
Yes 46 31.72%
No 102 70.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If Casey was so great then why was he wrong about so many things?
Wrong in what way?
Read about what he has predicted that is happening today Climate Change,rising oceans,trouble in Libya, Ankara, Egypt and Arabia...trouble with China in the South China Sea....where to find the Dead Sea scrolls...Bimini Road and Atlantis they just discovered relics in the plains of Spain that tie them to Atlantis as he predicted they would.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:16 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
OK,
I certainly hope anyone who has had anything happen to them that remotely suggests reincarnation, to them or otherwise please share, as I along with others do find this subject very interesting...and to the OP, sorry for hijacking your thread.
Creme, as I said before, I have my own experience, observation and education on this subject.
And I will definitely share it with all of you who has kind interest. But... Not today.
It is a huge mountain of the specific information that requires some special mood to talk about it. And it impossible to give in one or two posts. The long conversation (not contest) needed. But we have this thread and this is a good start to it.
Moreover, I sure when people will learn the Spiritual Laws of the Universe, their place in it, their real mission, where they are coming from and for what, - their political view will change drastically. They wouldn't divide people by dems, reps, commies, black, whites, russians, americans and so on. They would have just one religion and political view that named HUMANISM. Humanism is beyond and over of all their current political loyalty.

Last edited by musiqum; 09-28-2016 at 08:44 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 07:19 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Sorry, if I disappoint you, but we understand a little about human consciousness.
You even don't realize how far we are from even the middle of this understanding.
For instance, we have no idea what is telekinesis and how it works. What is telepathy, clairvoyance, [color=black]clairaudience, levitation etc. All of these phenomenas have a strong connection with human consciousness and its level of development.
Yeah but none of those things are real.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
What fragments do you remember? Who or what were in a past life?
There were two vivid separate fragments during 4 (or so) years. I mean there was a timing gap of 4 years between first and second picture of my memory. And the second picture (that spontaneous appeared after 4 years) was the continuation of the first picture. That is, it was one single event that was divided on two fragments with the time gap for 4 years. It's difficult to explain, but I hope you got me well.
No, I wasn't Napoleon or Einstein. LOL. But I have found out that I was one of the monk of
the Franciscans. I wore black dress, so I guess I was one of the Conventuals. From that second fragment I understood that I was killed in that day by the order of a nobleman. I even remember his face and his beret incrusted with diamonds. He yelled on me with indignation like a crazy. I even heard some giggles behind my back. It was members of his court suite. He gave me a good slap in my face and yelled : Now you know you shouldn't save those bastards!
First fragment was lasted a couple of seconds, but the picture was very rich, vivid and informative as well. I was guided by convoy of some monks who were dressed like me. We went on stoned trail between stoned walls. The monk who was from the left from me was like - I am so sorry brother, I really can't help you. He was very depressed he was forced to guide me too with this convoy. And you won't believe me - I felt his inner state!!! I felt his pain. I even wanted to tell him - that's ok, don't worry, I understand. But i raised up my head and noticed a castle in some distance on the hill. I knew we headed there. And at this moment the picture of my memory disappeared.
In this current life I was born in Uzbekistan in a jewish family. And since I moved to USA 18 years ago, I am an naturalized american.

As for who or what were in a past life, I think it is important to say that human soul will reincarnate in human body only. All that perverted modern induism and buddhism that claim the human soul can re-born as a tree, butterfly or as an animal is a huge BS. My spiritual guru laughs at it.

Edit : And one more important thing that I forgot to mention here is, before those visions happened, I didn't read a book or watched a movie about the Franciscans, and had no any interest to catholicism or the Capuchin history at all.

Last edited by musiqum; 09-28-2016 at 08:53 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yeah but none of those things are real.
For you. I have no intention to change your point of view.
But I knew I guy who claimed the poltergeist is fake and ghosts don't exist. But a few years later he gave a phone call to my friend asking her to "clean up" his new coop apt 'cause its something wrong happening in it almost every night. I wish I could call him to say - c'mon, relax, it's not for real, you're just tired... But I didn't.

Why I am telling you that? I think your life can give you some good lessons to make you find out new things which could change you mind on many things.
Never say never. Those things are not real for you today. But who knows, after 10 years you may be insolently convincing people those things are real.

Last edited by musiqum; 09-28-2016 at 09:53 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 09:09 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Technically your subconscious is energy and energy is not wasted in the universe, it is just transfered. So when you die the energy that made you who you are does move on to something else, that is a scientific certainty. What that means I don't know.

We Catholics believe that is your soul.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:51 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Technically your subconscious is energy and energy is not wasted in the universe, it is just transfered. So when you die the energy that made you who you are does move on to something else, that is a scientific certainty. What that means I don't know.

We Catholics believe that is your soul.
A scientific certainty? I doubt it....Show me the science.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:06 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
actually, and meaning no disrespect, I would prefer not to discuss anything with you from this point on.
And yet here you are again.

Quote:
oh and I could care less which your're it is....you get my drift....
Oh no doubt, but it was merely a polite offering to help you along. You can do with it what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This is what bothers me about some of your more vocal atheists. They see a story like this and they have no qualms whatsoever about trying to crush the hope and relief you felt from your experience.
There is genuine motivation behind the concerns that FALSE hope and relief can, in the long term, do more harm than good. A short term relief of pain is not always the right path to choose, even if it is the easiest one.

Quote:
They have this insatiable need to crap all over your comfort and crush it with their own nihilism to satiate their sense of superiority or their fears of the unknown.
Yet given my world view can not be described as nihilist, and do not see myself as superior, and I harbor no fears of the unknown.... it is not clear who or what you are talking about.

Quote:
You cannot fear what does not exist
No but you can have genuine concerns about the effects of belief in things that do not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I would suggest you read these two chapters.
You would be making an error if you assumed I have not read them.

The issue is in those texts what I am seeing is people presenting a narrative ABOUT things like reincarnation. But I am not seeing any content, such as you claimed was there, which would change my mind about the REALITY of those narratives.

You appear to think that presentation of that narrative is enough to self support that narrative. In which case every book on the planet, such as the ones about alien abductions, would also have to be accepted as credible.

Do you have any texts that rather than just present the narrative, actually SUBSTANTIATE the narrative in some way?

Quote:
I love my wife dearly and she lives in my heart.
I can certainly relate to that. I have lost more than my fair share of loved ones too. And nothing about what you said in THAT regard makes you a "liar" in my eyes. So do not judge yourself. Least of all not vicariously through me.

Quote:
As for consciousness, betcha don't know where its located in a human body and don't know its nature.
Our knowledge of the workings of consciousness is not complete, but it is not non-existent. EVERYTHING we know about it connects it to a working biological brain. NOTHING we know about it at this time supports your narrative that it is somehow external to it or survives without it. So too with memory, we have much knowledge on how it is laid down in the brain, where, and by what processes.

Quote:
I have already said that there is some different kind of memory that stored in some place of our spirit, not in brain.
Oh I know what you have SAID, sure. I just know you have not substantiated what you said in any way. There is simply no reason to think memories are laid down in spirits, and that these spirits move between individuals taking those memories with them. It is a pretty narrative, but the narrative does not self support. These "occult structures" of which you speak are nought but fantasy at this point.

Quote:
Ever heard about our ether clone, astral body, mental body, manas etc.?
Oh I have HEARD about such things all the time. I just have not HEARD anything that takes them from the realm of fantasy into the realm of reality.

Quote:
I wasn't dreaming.
I see no basis to think otherwise.

Quote:
I am not so good to educate someone. I am a bad teacher, but I will try to do it when I will see you are ready to take some knowledge on this subject. But as of now, you are enjoying your own venomous remarks and flaunting with your sarcasm.
Not buying that at all no. You are just making excuses now. Excuses predicated on making up things about me that are simply not true. Ad Hominem should not be the cop out of choice for you. You either substantiate what you claim, or you do not. The "I would if I thought you ready for it" is a canard and a cop out, and you know that as well as I.

Quote:
You even don't realize how far we are from even the middle of this understanding.
You would do well not to assume anything about the depth of my knowledge on the subject.

Quote:
For instance, we have no idea what is telekinesis and how it works.
Try first establishing THAT it works, before presuming to tell me HOW it works. The ability to move objects at a distance without the aid of technology has NOT been established. At. All.

Quote:
What is telepathy, clairvoyance
What are they? More unsubstantiated narratives that have not been established as real. Thats what.

Quote:
Nozz, you keep babbaling on about evidence, or the lack of it.
Yeah funny that huh? Imagine, in a world FULL of people making things up all the time, that my tool of choice for discernment between them would be to look for reasons to think what they are saying is true.

Much easier to just go around accepting what feels nice, or sounds good huh?

Quote:
Obviously your mind is made up not to believe,no matter what evidence is put before you.
More ad hominem making things up about me that are not true. Actually I have had my mind changed many times, on many subjects. Because I am an open minded slave to substantiation. I can not CHOOSE what I believe or not believe. Substantiation (or in your case the COMPLETE lack of it) compels me to believe or not believe. It is entirely out of my control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its probably the most logical thing to happen after death. Energy never ceases to exist. Its a probably a constant recycling pattern
Yes and all the energy is accounted for. If something like a spirit were "going" somewhere you would think something would be missing from the otherwise balanced equations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yes, it moves on in the form of heat loss. And it moves on in the form of flora and fauna consuming your dead corpse in order to produce food and energy of their own.

We know where all this energy goes. There is no mystery or secret there.

Now if we measured all the energy going into the system (your body and brain) and measured all the energy coming out of it (heat loss, movement, sugars, and the like) and something was unaccounted for or missing..... THEN I would sit up and take notice and say "Oh my, there genuinely is something else here "going" somewhere and I want to know what it is".

But the equations balance. There is no reason to think any energy is there that "goes" anywhere at all. Let alone in the form of you being conscious, sentience, and subjectively aware of your existence.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:11 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I think some of us here should just learn when to fold, even if we are right.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:06 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Not saying all atheists are like this, but 99% of the ones I've met are bitter and mean-spirited, snarky and dour.
I am loving the irony here. Compare, for example, your own rhetoric with mine. Which one of us is demonizing, denigrating, judging, insulting, and labeling? Do you see a single line of the MANY lines I have already written on this thread calling theists, or the majority of the theists, names? Throwing invective at them? Judging their mental capabilities or intentions?

No, you do not. Because I do not demonize, as readily as you personally do, the groups of people with whom I disagree. So of the two of us, which one is being bitter, mean-spirited, snarky and dour? Clue: It is not me.

I see no utility in demonizing "the other" like you do. I think that is the last refuge of someone who realizes that they have no ACTUAL arguments to make on a subject. It is easier to demonize "the other" than sit down and actually address their concerns, their points, and their agendas.

I do the opposite. I assume that theists and supernaturalists have their heart every bit in the right place as I do. That their motivations, love and respect for their fellow man, and their goal of maximizing the well being of others.......... are EVERY bit as strong as my own.

I just think the conclusions they have come to, and the positions they hold, while they pursue that endeavor are misguided, incoherent, unsubstantiated, or erroneous.

And you throw out "dour" as if is a denigration. I can only apologize on behalf of reality that sometimes it is dour. But presentation of reality does not make ME dour. Reality being dour is not, in and of itself, a justification for dressing it up in fantasy to sugarcoat the pill. Reality just is what it is, and I think we can relish in the beauty and wonder of it daily, without ever having to sugar coat or ignore it's harsh corners. The blackberry bush is no less beautiful to me just because it has thorns.

Quote:
They go out of their way to mock those who believe, as though they're smarter. I guess it makes them feel superior, which says a lot.
And yet if you trawl through my posts you will find no such mockery of those that believe. You will find me, entirely unlike you and how you are conducting yourself in this post, addressing the beliefs themselves and never the people who hold them. And CERTAINLY not to demonize them as a whole. I would feel genuine shame at myself if I acted in that fashion. That you do not, is your own cross to bear.

Quote:
I've met less than a dozen in my life and only met one who treated other people respectfully.
So you demonize an entire demography based on a MINISCULE representation of them. Wow. Just. Wow.

Quote:
I guess not having anything larger than oneself, and not having faith during dark times, can make a person miserable.
"Guess" would be the operative word there then because in my work with atheists, which is extensive and global, I can tell you they do not appear to suffer from anything even remotely approaching a larger quantity of misery, depression or despair than anyone else in this world. Quite the opposite in fact as the concept that THIS life is the one and only one we ever have.... brings a higher value to their moment to moment experience of life than if they though each moment was one irrelevant representation of INFINITY.

So no, I am genuinely seeing nothing to support your demonization of atheists narrative here. And quite a lot supporting the EXACT opposite of what you claim to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies