Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 03:01 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

It's a huge game that has been going on for decades.

There was talking about "curing" the common cold when I was a kid.

And forget that "run for cancer cures". Cancer is mega business.

My sister counted on mega $1000's in drugs to slow down the MS she is challenged with, she is
totally worse and has so declined.

It's NOT in the Industry's best interests to CURE AND HEAL. They have to answer to stockholders, major pharma companies....

Keep developing drugs to keep more bandaids going, keep patients coming back.

And Keep THEM all employed.

A game they play and MOST fall for it.

Pharma Industry isn't the only game in town, but a huge one.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Why are computers so cheap today?

Old 09-26-2016, 03:07 PM

I'm primarily talking about the crooks in the medical industry re: healing/curing.

Granted they can try to do their best to put humpty dumpty back together but curing diseases....nope. I really don't think they want to lose their sick/diseased patients.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:10 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,391,598 times
Can't cure the common cold -- you're right about that.
Not all diseases have cures and in some instances progress is glacial.
In others, huge strides have been made. 30 years ago when a person went to ER with heart attack or stroke the prognosis was iffy at best. Now with heart attack nearly all survive and even strokes if seen quickly do much better than years ago.
30 years ago the primary treatment for peptic ulcer disease was antacids and surgery. Now people take a proton pump inhibitor and do well.
People still age and people still die.
There certainly ARE some people and some companies in health care for financial reasons but it is not accurate to paint all nurses, doctors, therapists and techs with the same brush. There are some very compassionate and empathetic people in the field.
I am sorry your family has had poor experiences.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
The fact is we are just human. There are no hidden cures. Too many nations and too many different governing ideologies for a cure to be hidden.

My 87 yeart old mother has been cured of cancer three times. The key is catching it early. MS varies with the individual. Some respond better than others to medications.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:18 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's a huge game that has been going on for decades.

There was talking about "curing" the common cold when I was a kid.

And forget that "run for cancer cures". Cancer is mega business.

My sister counted on mega $1000's in drugs to slow down the MS she is challenged with, she is
totally worse and has so declined.

It's NOT in the Industry's best interests to CURE AND HEAL. They have to answer to stockholders, major pharma companies....

Keep developing drugs to keep more bandaids going, keep patients coming back.

And Keep THEM all employed.

A game they play and MOST fall for it.

Pharma Industry isn't the only game in town, but a huge one.
Why would the pharmaceutical industry be interested in cure unless it produces profit at the same time? Why would anybody even think that way? They aren't charity organizations. They exist to make profit for the stockholders and their employees.

To find a cure is just a by-product of their business. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:21 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
There certainly ARE some people and some companies in health care for financial reasons but it is not accurate to paint all nurses, doctors, therapists and techs with the same brush. There are some very compassionate and empathetic people in the field.

That is absolutely true.
However, the OP has a point. Pharmaceutical and other health care companies are business entities, and as in any business, the people in charge have to concern themselves with making shareholders happy. "Maintenance drugs" generate more income, and its in the interest of shareholders to devote more research and development funds to the products that generate the highest income.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:28 PM

I have not had a common cold or flu in decades as I am my own doctor for the most part. But years before I knew what I know now, I had colds, flu etc. And I don't take their toxic vaccines FOR SURE.

People keep dreaming about cures. Yes, I hear of people going into cancer remissions from the massive drugs they've taken. And enough don't make it. My 55 yr old sil didn't make it. Massive load of toxic drugs.

How many decades have "they" been asking for money for the cure? They don't want to cure.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:39 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have not had a common cold or flu in decades as I am my own doctor for the most part. But years before I knew what I know now, I had colds, flu etc. And I don't take their toxic vaccines FOR SURE.

People keep dreaming about cures. Yes, I hear of people going into cancer remissions from the massive drugs they've taken. And enough don't make it. My 55 yr old sil didn't make it. Massive load of toxic drugs.

How many decades have "they" been asking for money for the cure? They don't want to cure.
And the herbs or whatnot you use as your own doctor are free? If not I guess the profit motive is alive and well in the alternative medical sphere. And why do they not pony up the cure? Since they haven't, I guess they don't want a cure either.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:43 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,391,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
That is absolutely true.
However, the OP has a point. Pharmaceutical and other health care companies are business entities, and as in any business, the people in charge have to concern themselves with making shareholders happy. "Maintenance drugs" generate more income, and its in the interest of shareholders to devote more research and development funds to the products that generate the highest income.
with the recent exposure of the CEO of the company that produces epi-pens we are all acutely aware of the greed some companies have. It IS frustrating that we can get lots of 'me too' drugs while other illnesses have yet be fully addressed.
Really I see both sides of the issue and I cannot blame people for feeling the way they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.