Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 06:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh god....the OP and others should be banned and shipped back to the alternative medicine forum where they can't be questioned at all or you get infracted. They need their safe-space to operate their nutty conspiracies.

Go ahead. Make my day.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:08 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
In the case of my friend, I don't know. He wasn't a smoker; that's another big cause. You've heard correctly. Also penile cancer and vulvar cancer. Plus penile warts. You want to see some gross pictures, yuck! Not what anyone wants.
Not smoking caused the cancer? That seems odd. Or is it just that statistically there are more non-smokers who get that kind of cancer?

I've been tested for HPV but don't have it. Someone on another board said 80% of people are infected with HPV and I googled it and apparently, that's true. But it's just an estimate and I find it hard to believe so many people have it. I slept around a lot when I was younger and never caught any STD, of any kind. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe it's my strong immune system.

Anyway I plan to make sure all of my kids get the HPV vaccine as well as every other vaccine.