Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 12:01 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times

Advertisements

Homeopathy is alive and well in Canada and the European countries.

HOME Canadian Society of Homeopaths

Many closed minds out there.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:50 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Nothing is Free, everyone pays. I've talked to enough Canadians about their health system.

I've been a member of a joint replacement group from the UK and many members were also from Canada...and talk about doing these replacements like they are handing out candy. Because they are FREE. And believe me MANY had a lot of issues and I finally left the group since there were so few into alternative/holistic medicine and their healing. There were handfuls of those with alternative thinking but the majority was for the FREE drug/surgery insurance they have. NOTHING IS FREE. You pay one way or another. It's the mentality they have grown up with.
Most Canadians don't think of healthcare as free. Our media is always full with stories about funding etc.

Each province and territory manages it's own healthcare budget. The medical decisions are made by doctors only. What may appear to you as doling out services like candy, isn't. The mentality of Canadians is that if they need a certain procedure etc, that they will get it an no extra cost to them.

As for alternative medicine, it's everywhere in Canada. No one forces you to accept a medical doctors plans for you. It is up to you.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Most Canadians don't think of healthcare as free. Our media is always full with stories about funding etc.

Each province and territory manages it's own healthcare budget. The medical decisions are made by doctors only. What may appear to you as doling out services like candy, isn't. The mentality of Canadians is that if they need a certain procedure etc, that they will get it an no extra cost to them.

As for alternative medicine, it's everywhere in Canada. No one forces you to accept a medical doctors plans for you. It is up to you.

Everyone Pays in taxes, goods, services etc etc. You may not pay as we do with our insurance systems etc but it's paid for somehow. The populations of our countries are like day and night 30 million vs 300 million plus. I don't believe in my lifetime there will be single payer social medicine in the U.S. Medicare for seniors is the closest and it's been abused a lot from all I've heard and read. I avoid medical work as much as possible and do my own stuff and work with supplements..I have learned how to do my own acupuncture and do that a few times a week on my knees. Just finished an hour with my needles. Gets the blood flowing in the joints.

When I was on the UK/Canadian joint replacement forum it seemed like so many young people were doing these replacements and historically older folks were opting for them. Come to think of it more younger people are doing them in the U.S. too..could be too much fluoride and too much sugar damaging these joints and just over pushing of the joints.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:03 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Nothing is Free, everyone pays. I've talked to enough Canadians about their health system.

I've been a member of a joint replacement group from the UK and many members were also from Canada...and talk about doing these replacements like they are handing out candy. Because they are FREE. And believe me MANY had a lot of issues and I finally left the group since there were so few into alternative/holistic medicine and their healing. There were handfuls of those with alternative thinking but the majority was for the FREE drug/surgery insurance they have. NOTHING IS FREE. You pay one way or another. It's the mentality they have grown up with.
So you think talking to Canadians make you some kind of expert on our health care system? I doubt that. I fully realize that I pay for my health care with a monthly premium, so it's not free...My point was that the cost to me is the same whether I take a medical test or not....Must have flew right over your head.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 PM

Yeah, right over my head. When I hear people say FREE that's what makes me sit up and look at that.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:10 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Yeah, right over my head. When I hear people say FREE that's what makes me sit up and look at that.
The thing is, that I did not say the test was free....I said that it cost me the same whether I take the test or not.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Everyone Pays in taxes, goods, services etc etc. You may not pay as we do with our insurance systems etc but it's paid for somehow. The populations of our countries are like day and night 30 million vs 300 million plus. I don't believe in my lifetime there will be single payer social medicine in the U.S. Medicare for seniors is the closest and it's been abused a lot from all I've heard and read. I avoid medical work as much as possible and do my own stuff and work with supplements..I have learned how to do my own acupuncture and do that a few times a week on my knees. Just finished an hour with my needles. Gets the blood flowing in the joints.

When I was on the UK/Canadian joint replacement forum it seemed like so many young people were doing these replacements and historically older folks were opting for them. Come to think of it more younger people are doing them in the U.S. too..could be too much fluoride and too much sugar damaging these joints and just over pushing of the joints.
Isn't that what I said?

Doesn't you insurance cover acupuncture, because here in BC it is covered for some

Old 10-16-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:

System double posted...weird.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:33 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
I just read a book called "The only prescription for Healthcare Reform, A Physician's inside perspective of the real problem".

A very good read which confirms what I've been researching.

Basically big government, big pharma, big insurance, and litigation happy lawyers are running the show.

For starters, is anyone surprised to hear that? If so, than I do recommend reading the book. $1 kindle on Amazon for a 60 or so page read.

The reality is PHYSICIANS want to help people. They aren't the bad guys. Of the money that's charged in an exorbitant bill at the hospital, they are not going to collect on a majority of that.

The bottom line is treatment tends to be dictated more and more by insurance, "defensive medicine"/litigation, and regulations dictated by third parties. There is big pockets in pharmaceuticals. Lawyers are looming the balance. Physicians feel they must cover every angle to protect their license ordering tests that don't need to be completed, etc.

Ultimately what we see isn't working and things will have to correct themselves.

The author of the book believes that we will see a death of primary care physicians in this country. As reimbursement rates of Medicare and Medicaid continue to cut, it becomes less and less worth it for individuals to look to work as primary care Physicians as med students are now amassing 200-300k of student loan debt.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:04 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
For starters, before the American people can point finger at all the bad pharmaceutical companies, insurance market racket, etc turn the finger around and point it at yourself.

America has one of the worst obesity epidemics in the world, and it's primarily due to overconsumption not hypothyroidism. Add to this the number of people actively destroying their bodies by smoking which by far is the greatest risk factor for all sorts of complications. Being overweight/obese and smoking are two huge contributing risk factors alone for a NUMBER of comorbidities.

So simply quitting smoking cigarettes and maintaining a healthy weight will eliminate the dependence people have on medications.

Meds have their place and are proven effective. They shouldn't be the first priority.

There are plenty of people getting and continuing to get sick. There is no need on anyone's part to keep people sick. That is the law of Entropy in order. With time, things breaks down needing maintenance and to be fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies