Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 03:37 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yep, you said it (see above).

I don't care what you eat. But you write conflicting things, and that should be called out.

You advise a lot of information...... this goes to credibility.
People can hear what I say or can ignore. I wish MORE would ignore. I'm not perfect but I'm not and will
never be a FAN of Pharma.

So I eat some grains...call me a liar.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:46 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Have you had your breasts squeezed and radiated by those barberic machines? Or how about your other parts. Some feel they do more harm than good.
Although mammograms are uncomfortable and sometimes cause bruising they do not harm the breast.

Quote:
I like my OPC's and Iodine and these address so much for our health.

OPC's keep me from allergy/sinus drugs.

OPC's keep my gums healthy and my eyesight good.

And so much more that I don't even know about.
Please provide us with the scientific studies that your OPCs do anything you think they do.

Symptoms Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs) Natural, Alternative 21765

"OPCs are marketed for a wide variety of uses. As yet, however, there is no solid evidence that they are effective for any medical condition."

As has been pointed out to you, if you take anything to prevent a condition you never would have had anyway, it would make it look like what you took was effective when it really did nothing at all. That is why anecdotal experiences cannot prove a supplement works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
We check for Magnesium all the time when we are working up peripheral neuropathies. I cannot recall a single patient tested in the last year that had low magnesium levels- not one.

Supplemental Ca does little, if anything, for osteoporosis. Vit D deficiency, however, is widespread.

I'll have to give this one to jaminhealth. Many people get a suboptimal amount of magnesium based on dietary surveys.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22364157

Quote:
Good, and my bil just went thru 6 sessions of radiation for prostate cancer. I told him about saw palmetto and of course, it's too late once the cancer is there.

Just remember, your doctors need UNWELL people for their nice paychecks.
https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/in...s/saw-palmetto

"However, a large epidemiologic study did not find associations with the use of saw palmetto and reduced risk of prostate cancer."

Your last comment is a kick in the teeth to the physicians and researchers who try to keep us well despite what we do to ourselves.

Quote:
Soy is almost a poison and the soy industry is making a killing and people are suffering. And don't know why...thryoids are suffering.
Settling The Soy Controversy | Huffington Post

Quote:
I don't eat grains and breads etc.

So I don't count much on Vit D from the so called fortified foods.

Get tested and see where your levels are. If you are in the SUN a LOT you could be OK. I was fine until I came in from years of SUN in my early 50's...then the Vit D got pretty empty.
Cutting out entire food groups from your diet and relying on "supps' is not the optimal approach to health.

You have said you eat no grains and no "milks" - which would exclude all dairy products. That does not leave much to eat.

I agree that the vitamin D question is easy to answer. Get a blood level. If you need more, you are treating a deficiency. You will take vitamin D as a medicine, not a "supp".

Quote:
From a person on Open Parachute:

"All fluoride is not the SAME.

ok, let’s provide some education here. Fluoride in its natural state is labelled F- and is very rarely found alone, it is mostly found attached to other elements so it needs to get extracted. Now the “fluoride” found in city water is mostly hydrofluorisilic acid which is a CHEMICAL WASTE by product of the phosphate mines like the ones in Florida. This is very toxic and less than a cup is deadly if ingested. It is highly corrosive and city employees who handle that stuff have to wear a full hazmat suit. Mercury is poisonous, I don’t care if you dilute it in water, it’s still is poisonous. let’s stop calling things the wrong thing, fluoride in city water is not FLUORIDE!!!!! Freedom of speech is a great thing but most should really do their research before opening their mouth."
What an amazing display of ignorance of chemistry. Fluoride ion is the same no matter where it comes from. This article will not allow cut and paste, but it explains in layman's terms the chemistry of water fluoridation.

http://www.bfsweb.org/onemillion/08%...%20Aspects.pdf

I do agree with the last sentence in the quote. Your author should take his own advice.

By the way, not all sources of mercury are equally "poisonous". You could swallow the liquid metallic mercury in a thermometer and come to no harm.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:24 PM

More to get in a uproar over. Thanks Sayer Ji.

The Cancer Industry Owns the Media and Your Mind:

A DIRE WARNING: The Cancer Industry Owns The Media And Your Mind

Old 10-13-2016, 06:53 PM

33,551 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
So apparently bread has Vitamin D. Well now I'm even more confused why the test results showed I had a vitamin D deficiency. I have bread regularly for breakfast in addition to exposure to sun....snip...
I'm in Canada....In the US, unlike Canada, where fortification with vitamin D is mandatory for designated foods, the addition of vitamin D to eligible foods in the United States is optional in most cases. I would suggest that you check the nutrition facts label on the products you consume....I believe the best natural food source for vitamin D is fatty fish such as wild harvested salmon.

Vitamin D fortification in the United States and Canada: current status and data needs

Old 10-13-2016, 10:22 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
More to get in a uproar over. Thanks Sayer Ji.

The Cancer Industry Owns the Media and Your Mind:

A DIRE WARNING: The Cancer Industry Owns The Media And Your Mind
Ji is out of his mind:

Sayer Ji: Willfully misunderstanding overdiagnosis and misdiagnosis since…forever – Respectful Insolence

Old 10-14-2016, 06:30 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Good, and my bil just went thru 6 sessions of radiation for prostate cancer. I told him about saw palmetto and of course, it's too late once the cancer is there.

Just remember, your doctors need UNWELL people for their nice paychecks.
Actually, when he does his probing and looks at my PSA test, he gives me few more years to live - just kidding (clean bill of health). Other than renewing my prescription for potassium citrate which, knock on wood; has kept me from developing new kidney stones (you don't want to go there)! It is amazing how much pain one little stone can give you.

Tell you what; here is a 'natural' remedy that has been studied for kidney stones: Riding A Roller Coaster Can Help Get Rid Of Kidney Stones | IFLScience. I think I'll stick with my potassium citrate. By the way; the potassium citrate only works on the uric acid stones and not on the calcium oxalate ones.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Actually, when he does his probing and looks at my PSA test, he gives me few more years to live - just kidding (clean bill of health). Other than renewing my prescription for potassium citrate which, knock on wood; has kept me from developing new kidney stones (you don't want to go there)! It is amazing how much pain one little stone can give you.

Tell you what; here is a 'natural' remedy that has been studied for kidney stones: Riding A Roller Coaster Can Help Get Rid Of Kidney Stones | IFLScience. I think I'll stick with my potassium citrate. By the way; the potassium citrate only works on the uric acid stones and not on the calcium oxalate ones.
I've never had a stone and HOPE I never do. I've been taking extra potassium citrate or gluconate daily for years. I KNOW I don't get enough potassium rich foods daily. The so called RDA is 4700mg for healthy potassium levels and a medium banana has about 100mg.

Glad you are on top of the prostate and look MAYBE at saw palmetto as I did some reading the other day and a lot of good comments, even good for women's health. Knowing my bil, they are not on top of supplements.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:59 AM

There is a whole population out there who do their best to avoid the drug/cut/burn MD's and surgeons.

Stands to reason the science MD's will do everything in their power to discredit Sayer Ji.

Sayer Ji Credentails | Sayer Ji

Old 10-14-2016, 12:38 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
I've never had a stone and HOPE I never do. I've been taking extra potassium citrate or gluconate daily for years. I KNOW I don't get enough potassium rich foods daily. The so called RDA is 4700mg for healthy potassium levels and a medium banana has about 100mg.

Glad you are on top of the prostate and look MAYBE at saw palmetto as I did some reading the other day and a lot of good comments, even good for women's health. Knowing my bil, they are not on top of supplements.
At 69 or 78 you are not likely to die from prostrate cancer: Prostate Cancer - In-Depth Report - NY Times Health. I quote: "Prostate cancer occurs almost exclusively in men over age 40 and most often after age 50. Two-thirds of prostate cancers are found in men over age 65. By age 70, about 65% of men have at least microscopic evidence of prostate cancers. Fortunately, the cancer is usually very slow growing and older men with the cancer typically die of something else." That does not mean that you should not be checked; how would you know if you have an aggressive cancer or the 'standard' 'slow growing' variety?

I get my blood and urine checked to see if I am taking the right amount of potassium citrate. It is not an over-the-counter medication at my dosage.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
At 69 or 78 you are not likely to die from prostrate cancer: Prostate Cancer - In-Depth Report - NY Times Health. I quote: "Prostate cancer occurs almost exclusively in men over age 40 and most often after age 50. Two-thirds of prostate cancers are found in men over age 65. By age 70, about 65% of men have at least microscopic evidence of prostate cancers. Fortunately, the cancer is usually very slow growing and older men with the cancer typically die of something else." That does not mean that you should not be checked; how would you know if you have an aggressive cancer or the 'standard' 'slow growing' variety?

I get my blood and urine checked to see if I am taking the right amount of potassium citrate. It is not an over-the-counter medication at my dosage.
Iodine is Important for all body tissues and for cancer prevention in the breasts, thyroid and more

Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health

Info on the Prostate and Iodine

Iodine Health Benefits - Prostate.net

I've been dosing with Iodine for years and MDs I've seen over many years NEVER mentioned this prevention tool. How about you, has your MD ever brought this up to you fisheye?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies