Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 01:37 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you want to work at a company that could expose you to any disease; the company will insure that you are protected. They have to 'protect' themselves from lawsuits, lost time, insurance hikes, and worse.

Like the Mod stated; the military simply lines you up. While the war was going on in Nam I thought it was somewhere around 26 shots they gave troops going overseas. We will not send our troops to countries where some diseases are epidemic - without protection. In WWI half of our troops died of flu: When the flu wiped out millions (Opinion) - CNN.com. Dead troops are not effective on the battleground. Not only that; but they tie up the living taking care of the sick, dying, and dead. I knew one man that fought in WWII and a German sniper deliberately shot him in the butt. The idea is that our wounded need help and all of the medics, that the German sniper could kill, would be less aid we could give our wounded. We have even used biological weapons against our American Indians: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native..._and_epidemics. What we did to another country they could do to us; we have to be prepared.
We just agree to disagree...war is NEVER the answer to the path to PEACE. You'd think we would learn something from the WWI and II slaughters and all the crazy wars before and after.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:10 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
If you want to work at a company that could expose you to any disease; the company will insure that you are protected. They have to 'protect' themselves from lawsuits, lost time, insurance hikes, and worse.
Don't you guys at Sanofi Pasteur, usually get one of the flu vaccine production contracts every year anyways, it would seem that they would give those flu vaccines out like candy, since you make the darn thing!

Old 10-18-2016, 02:49 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Don't you guys at Sanofi Pasteur, usually get one of the flu vaccine production contracts every year anyways, it would seem that they would give those flu vaccines out like candy, since you make the darn thing!
We are working on the Southern Hemisphere right now. In January we will start on the Northern Hemisphere. The northern one is our big contract - but we want to expand into the southern market. And, yes, immunization is always available - if not required.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:33 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
We are working on the Southern Hemisphere right now. In January we will start on the Northern Hemisphere. The northern one is our big contract - but we want to expand into the southern market. And, yes, immunization is always available - if not required.
When I worked down in Antarctica, the Southern Hemisphere flu shot was mandatory, unless you had some medical reason. Is Sanofi doing flu vaccine production with both eggs and cell lines or just eggs still?

Old 10-18-2016, 03:38 PM

9,869 posts, read 7,740,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you want to pay a fortune for placebos, go for it.

Homeopathy: The Ultimate Fake
A typical tube of homeopathic pellets costs about $7-8 and includes several doses. I don't really care if anyone thinks they are fake and thinks the improvement is due to a placebo effect. I've used them for 30 years. My daughter in law's pediatrician also recommends them. Don't be so quick to disregard something that may work for your family's health.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:42 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
A typical tube of homeopathic pellets costs about $7-8 and includes several doses. I don't really care if anyone thinks they are fake and thinks the improvement is due to a placebo effect. I've used them for 30 years. My daughter in law's pediatrician also recommends them. Don't be so quick to disregard something that may work for your family's health.
Good good good on your comments. Enough naysayers here work to discredit everything they have no experience with. And I mean everything unless is pharmacetucal.

If I could somehow change my thyroid which I've been taking since 2002 to otc, I would. Thyroid producers are raising their prices like crazy and I don't take Syncrap which was always more expensive than desiccated thyroid support. A friend is telling me she gets her NT thyroid overseas and is going to send me the info. She says she pays $10 a month for her 3 grains and no MD needed...we shall see.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:50 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Don't be so quick to confuse placebo and coincidence with results, particularly regarding homeopathic remedies that are completely unmoored from science and reality.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
When I worked down in Antarctica, the Southern Hemisphere flu shot was mandatory, unless you had some medical reason. Is Sanofi doing flu vaccine production with both eggs and cell lines or just eggs still?
With my location; only eggs and lots of them. I have no idea what our other locations are using? I thought that Wyeth had one of the cell membrane plants in NC? The last I heard was that the cell membrane technology had problems - but I really don't know. There were also many discussions of a 'universal flu' vaccine that would immunize people for all strains - I have no idea where that is going? Sometimes new technology takes many years to come to fulfillment.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:23 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
There were also many discussions of a 'universal flu' vaccine that would immunize people for all strains - I have no idea where that is going? Sometimes new technology takes many years to come to fulfillment.
Looks like they are getting closer:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0930085814.htm

Old 10-18-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Looks like they are getting closer:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0930085814.htm
I have no idea how they plan to manufacture that potential new vaccine? I do know that we are investing millions still in the old technology so that we can increase production. I am sure that our people are aware of possible new advances. I speculate that we are still many years away from this new vaccine?

Thanks again for the link!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies