Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 12:49 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Pretzels are made with flour, flour is a grain.

You don't even do the things you say. I suspect there are other examples.
My mother didn't call me on what I ate. I've made a LOT of changes. Thank you.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:02 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
My mother didn't call me on what I ate. I've made a LOT of changes. Thank you.

I have no idea what that means. I'm just saying you are misrepresenting what you do. I don't know why.

I eat super healthy, but I totally admit to eating junk once in awhile. While I am mainly vegetarian, I still eat meat on occasion.

Why say you eat no grains when you do?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-13-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have no idea what that means. I'm just saying you are misrepresenting what you do. I don't know why.

I eat super healthy, but I totally admit to eating junk once in awhile. While I am mainly vegetarian, I still eat meat on occasion.

Why say you eat no grains when you do?
Why does what I eat concern you so much. I have not brought breads in my house for over 7 yrs and rarely buy a cookie but now and then I do. And sometimes eat a slice of pizza. I'm not a purist. But I've eliminated breads, so that is big as I see it for ME.

I've read that carbs and RA are not friends. But I don't tell you what to eat or not eat.

We are all in control of what we do. I have no desire to be a vegetarian. But those who are, that is their choice. I don't believe I said I eat NO grains, but have cut way way back.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:38 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times

A lot of doctors are doing this now. I work in healthcare and I don't know any doctors who are trying to keep people sick for their own profit. But it's really up to you to take care of your own body and lead a healthy lifestyle.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:58 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I always took a combination of calcium/magnesium, as calcium needs magnesium to work properly. Regarding vitamin D, today it is added to much of the foods we eat, like flour, bread and milk, so most of us get enough.....Once I was diagnosed with diabetes I stopped drinking cow's milk and switched to silk almond...It contains (daily requirements per cup) D 45%, A 10% D 45%, B12 50 %.
So apparently bread has Vitamin D. Well now I'm even more confused why the test results showed I had a vitamin D deficiency. I have bread regularly for breakfast in addition to exposure to sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
There was an interesting segment on CBS Sunday Morning. this past weekend. about the "Placebo Effect" showing that humans are highly suggestible creatures. Ted Kaptchuk from Harvard Medical School ran a study that showed 60% of people reported they got better even though they knew they were taking a placebo. They mention fake pills work only in certain cases, not for things like cancer or lowering one's cholesterol, but for those symptoms where the brain can modulate by themselves. Just the act of taking a pill, even a fake one, can coax the brain into producing it's own helpful chemicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41nvPEn5ZQo
Well some people are susceptible as I said before but it goes both ways. You can preach about regular medicines working so well for everyone but they could be a placebo for those who found success in them. The only difference is the prescribed/OTC medicine can be a more dangerous placebo. The only reason it seems to be a more powerful placebo to most is more people take them and doctors stand by them so it's group think at work.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:24 PM

There can't be large amounts of Vit D in foods. When I was so low in 2006 I took 4K D3 daily for 6 months and that brought my level to mid range. I felt great when I was at 80 on the range and then a hip replacement surgery knocked my body off whack and D dropped to 40. I had read that Vit D can drop with surgeries and sure enough mine dropped 40 pts. Most days NOW I take 5K D3 and K2 and will get labs Nov 1.

Counting on getting ENOUGH D from foods is foolish thinking.

Go to the beach for the day and stay in the sun with bathing suit and one can get 40,000 ius. And not covered with sunblock.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:35 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
There can't be large amounts of Vit D in foods. When I was so low in 2006 I took 4K D3 daily for 6 months and that brought my level to mid range. I felt great when I was at 80 on the range and then a hip replacement surgery knocked my body off whack and D dropped to 40. I had read that Vit D can drop with surgeries and sure enough mine dropped 40 pts. Most days NOW I take 5K D3 and K2 and will get labs Nov 1.

Counting on getting ENOUGH D from foods is foolish thinking.

Go to the beach for the day and stay in the sun with bathing suit and one can get 40,000 ius. And not covered with sunblock.

Ever hear of melanomas?

Old 10-13-2016, 02:49 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:

I don't eat grains and breads etc.

Yep, you said it (see above).

I don't care what you eat. But you write conflicting things, and that should be called out.

You advise a lot of information...... this goes to credibility.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-13-2016, 03:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Quote:
Calcium is pushed like candy. Too bad magnesium is not pushed. We need magnesium. Deficiency is big.

Magnesium is needed to get calcium where it is needed. I take very little calcium in my long life.
Pushing magnesium supplementation would have negative health effects also for the supplement crowd.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ever hear of melanomas?
Oh yes, more reason to make sure one supplements. I was in the SUN so much of my life up until early 50's and no sunblock and no melanomas...but I came in from the sun as I didn't want skin cancers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies