Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 05:52 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by macmeal
Quote:
Amazing how, in remote Holland, one is able to "keep a breast" of developments here on "the Continent".....
Why is that so surprising?
If your American news programs had not made Nipplegate such a hot item I doubt we here in Holland would have noticed it.
American football is relatively unknown in Holland.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by macmeal Why is that so surprising?
If your American news programs had not made Nipplegate such a hot item I doubt we here in Holland would have noticed it.
American football is relatively unknown in Holland.
You guys in Europe are MUCH better informed than we are here. All MOST of us remember about Janet Jackson is when she ordered the Feds to blow up the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas. Pretty well lost her JOB over that one so I hear....Bush was MAD !! Just about went "NUKE-yuller" over the whole thing, or so the rumor has it...

Old 02-24-2008, 06:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You guys in Europe are MUCH better informed than we are here. All MOST of us remember about Janet Jackson is when she ordered the Feds to blow up the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas. Pretty well lost her JOB over that one so I hear....Bush was MAD !! Just about went "NUKE-yuller" over the whole thing, or so the rumor has it...
I think you meant Janet Reno Clinton was President then.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:10 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Like I said, we aren't THAT well informed here...but I DID get SOME of it right? Didn't I?.....

Old 02-24-2008, 06:34 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Like I said, we aren't THAT well informed here...but I DID get SOME of it right? Didn't I?.....
That you did

Old 02-24-2008, 07:14 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
So I guess attacks on women who dress in Western style clothes and all those Imams from London to Riyadh who call Western culture "poisonous", "cancer", and still talk about the Crusades are just pissed about Israel and the Gulf War?
Again

must. do. more. research

western clothes are at odds with Islamic religious dress codes. it isn't that its western per say, as it is against Islamic sense of mortality.

As far as "western" culture being denounced. Again this goes to what is being seen on TV in these countries. The actions being shown on tv shows that air in the mid east and other muslim areas as well as movies are offensive to Muslim morality in some situations. Such as the display of homosexual behavior, dating, pre marital sex etc. These are often shown in excess in many tv shows and movies. So many Imams are naturally opposed to this because this is at odds with the religious teachings, beliefs of Islam.

I am not going to speak on this anymore though. I don't reward laziness. Go do your own research on this, many sites speak on this.

Peace

P.S.

"crusades" was a Christian initiative not a Muslim one. Last time I checked, it was a Christian who has bought it up in modern times (GW Bush)

Old 02-24-2008, 07:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
wow had me goin there, for a minute i thought it was michael's sister that went over the edge as well.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Again

must. do. more. research

western clothes are at odds with Islamic religious dress codes. it isn't that its western per say, as it is against Islamic sense of mortality.

)
I think you meant "morality."

must. consult. dictionary.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
This was too funny!!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Maybe you should ask the 10's of thousands of people who move to this country every year? Legally or othewise???
Please refer to the OP. If you don’t have an answer, please discuss why this is such an emotional button for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Ok chielgirl - I came here because where I came from, people can't get a divorce. I wanted to marry someone who wanted to get out from a bad relationship and he can't.

Where I came from, abortion is illegal.

Where I came from, you don't have a right to have legal representation. If you can't afford a lawyer, none will be provided for you, which means you're basically SOL.

Property rights are not enforced. If you have squatters on your property, good luck getting them off.
Not one of these “freedoms” can be said to be US only. Other countries have the same rights/privileges/freedoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies