Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:57 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times

Advertisements

The link says Fox News, but the story was originally run in The Sun, a British tabloid akin to The National Enquirer. Why would anyone believe the tripe written in such papers (but then, Donald has called the Enquirer a credible source)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:03 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

As for "secret weapons" we should all fear. The US is legendary for them as well, in fact, we used them to end the last major war we were in.

Seriously, if Putin thinks threatening us is going to work, he has vastly misunderstood us.
Sadly, after watching recent decades of America falling into such a state of incompetence and ruin, I have no faith left that we have an anti ballistic system that even works anymore or people competent to protect us in any meaningful way.
Look how badly the Iraq war was managed.
We can't even get a cyber terrorism policy in play.
Look at the two deeply flawed candidates now running for president, and how sex scandals trump any meaningful policy debate.
Look at the obsession with banal pop culture over important news
Look at our infrastructure in ruins.
Look at our debt.
We have dropped from the world leader in education to the near bottom
We are allowing refugees in from terrorist countries we can't even vet
We are calling true terrorist events "work place violence."
We haven't even connected the technology dots in our law enforcement and FBI since 9/11

I think Russia is well aware of the state America has allowed itself to become.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
"Nah.....the Russians aren't trying to influence the election."

Think again.

Putin ally tells Americans: vote Trump or face nuclear war

We should not allow Russian threats to manipulate our Presidential election.

That is not who we are as a country.
No, we're much happier to be told what to think by a bunch of unelected people of dubious affiliations called the MSM.

Control the flow of information/message and you control the populace.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:05 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Wait a minute... you seriously believe that Obama is going to start WWIII and destroy 75% of the world's population in order to keep Hillary's poll numbers from dropping a point and a half?

Seriously?

You... mmm.... actually believe this?

Let me ask you something. Have you guys all had catastrophic head injuries or something? That's a serious question.

Hillary is the one with the head injury.

Could prove to be dangerous in the long run too.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:30 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You got me. You know those magnetic strips on drivers' licenses? Those strips have RFID chips in them. These chips are linked to the chip that was planted in everyone's arm when they were vaccinated as a child. Every time someone reads that post, the chip in their arm sends out a signal to the chip on their driver's license, and that chip uploads a signal to a government satellite. In addition, whenever someone reads that post, they will have a series of emotional reactions to it, and the chip will record those reactions and upload that to the satellite as well.

The satellite downloads this information to a computer in Langley, Virginia, and the information is recorded in an NSA database in Kenya - exactly who read the post, and how the reacted to it... positive, negative, agreement or disagreement, whatever you were feeling at the time you read it. And that becomes a part of the Obama Administration's permanent file on you.

But then again, you probably guessed all that anyway, right? I mean, I'm sure I'm not telling anyone here anything they don't already know.
Suddenly, the anti-vaccination crowd is starting to make sense.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:45 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Holy crap, I clicked on the link, that took me to fox news who linked to the daily star in the UK a tabloid that apparently specializes on camel toe pictures, and the just cite "local sources" this is national enquirer level bs.
On a separate not what ever happen to the premise of mutual destruction, I heard trump talking about hoe we don't develop more nuclear arms and Russia has the greatest weapons, I thought once you had enough bombs to blow the world over 52 times you kinda stop making more.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:56 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Seriously, if Putin thinks threatening us is going to work, he has vastly misunderstood us.
OMG! Again and again, you just demonstrated that you have no idea of what's going on today and what is Putin's message to the US. The US showed their unwillingness to come to any reasonable agreement with Russia. And Putin proclaimed the official new Russia's politics toward USA. It's not a threat to America. It's a fightback to american threats. You will get it later, I hope.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:09 PM

1,896 posts, read 812,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Trump is not threatening Russia with "military action" as clinton did. So your cool with the threat from Clinton? Clinton has taken money from saudi, who is funding isis.. Can you gather the rest of the puzzle pieces yourself and Get a clue
Well because Russia knows Trump will allow it to expand and enrich itself at the expense of its neighbors.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:12 PM

1,896 posts, read 812,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
OMG! Again and again, you just demonstrated that you have no idea of what's going on today and what is Putin's message to the US. The US showed their unwillingness to come to any reasonable agreement with Russia. And Putin proclaimed the official new Russia's politics toward USA. It's not a threat to America. It's a fightback to american threats. You will get it later, I hope.
No... Russia is trying to create a buffer zone... like it did with the eastern bloc when it was USSR. Russia has more seniors than teenagers and will soon spiral downward without gobbling up other countries' people and their farmland.

Not to mention, its economy crashed with oil and can't afford to saber rattle for much longer.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:27 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Putin IMHO either's a total fool or, he's trying to deflect Russians from the big problems IN Russia.
What problems are the Russians facing today?

Their people went through a bankrupt Nation two decades ago.

The children they raised are ready.

The children we raised believe America is the most evil Nation that ever existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies