Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 10:25 AM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post

Never heard of this woman before. She is pretty tough. Too tough for me with her nod of approving her son be anally raped in jail or prison. But male-on-male rape is a fetish of heterosexual American men and women. Can you imagine her approving of some guy butt raping her daughter if she stole his car? Naw.

But overall I agree with her.

I wonder what her take would be on this feud (I just accidentally found out about scrolling through YouTube) going on between, apparently, two celebrity Bloods gang members. And former friends. Soulja Boy and Chris Brown.

I had no idea Chris Brown became a Blood. More interestingly I had no idea Californian Bloods allow two Bloods, one from Atlanta (Soulja Boy) and one from Virginia (Chris Brown) to become members of their hood or "block." I can't figure out if this is all a genius strategic or structural move by the Bloods of California or if it reduces them to a Hollywood show. I ether way I find it all interesting.

Interesting as well is that even rich and celebrated male artists like Chris Brown can have regular "women problems" like anyone else. Not to say he should be overreacting or beefing over some ladies but it's interesting he can have those same issues that regular dudes his age in the hood often have too.

Personally, I find their whole fued ridiculous. But then I'm square like that and probably lack their pride. Admittedly, I am on the lower rungs of the male social strata than they, so, women passing me up or ignoring me would be something I've been used to since time eternity.

I guess I'm more like Floyd Mayweather on this. But we are closer in age. I hope Chris Brown and Soulja Boy can end up living longer and living a better life than Suge Knight did though. Or than Tupac even.

Apparently, Mike Tyson is going to be training Chris Brown now. LOL.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6_EtiJ5o8
FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND SOULJA BOY TALK ABOUT THE FIGHT AND THE BLOODS

And MC Eiht is interviewed on questions about celebrity gang ties.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-cMd50Ha0E
MC Eiht: 2Pac Went Backwards By Affiliating Himself with Gangs

Quote:
Nearly 20 years after Tupac's death, singer Chris Brown is now in a similar position for his affiliation with Bloods. The Tappahannock, VA. native was thrown into immediate stardom as a teen, and now at 26, he's a multimillionaire, with many accolades, linked to one of the biggest gangs. Although Brown is scrutinized, MC Eight says gangbanging has changed since his young days.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
We do and always have.
ITA with the above

I'm sure OP, since you are black you are well aware of the fact that black people are always judging each other and talking about our issues.

I don't think that that has changed much, not even in the PC environment of today. Black people are always criticizing each other and "the community." This is even evident in this thread you started and in the videos and persons who you have mentioned/brought up.

The idea that we do not talk about our problems and seek to address those issues come from non-black people primarily who only see us from a negative perspective and who do not have any real relationship with real black people so they only base their views of what they see in media, which primarily speaks of us as perpetually dysfunctional and needing "help" from white people or others on some sort of problem that we cannot help ourselves with. We talk about our problems and our issues and we work to "fix" those issues.

If we had not and do not then we would never be as successful as a demographic (and believe me we are VERY successful compared to the past that people want to act like was "better") as we are.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:53 AM

28,662 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
ITA with the above

I'm sure OP, since you are black you are well aware of the fact that black people are always judging each other and talking about our issues.

I don't think that that has changed much, not even in the PC environment of today. Black people are always criticizing each other and "the community." This is even evident in this thread you started and in the videos and persons who you have mentioned/brought up.

The idea that we do not talk about our problems and seek to address those issues come from non-black people primarily who only see us from a negative perspective and who do not have any real relationship with real black people so they only base their views of what they see in media, which primarily speaks of us as perpetually dysfunctional and needing "help" from white people or others on some sort of problem that we cannot help ourselves with. We talk about our problems and our issues and we work to "fix" those issues.

If we had not and do not then we would never be as successful as a demographic (and believe me we are VERY successful compared to the past that people want to act like was "better") as we are.

Many years ago, I began to make a distinction between "shamen" and "chiefs" among black Americans.

The role of a shaman in a tribe was to appeal to the gods--the powers that be--for their favor in things beyond the capabilities of the tribe...good weather, for instance.

The role of the chiefs was to direct the tribe in what they needed to do for themselves.

Most of the black people displayed by the major media are the "shamen"--appealing to the powers that be. Except for Louis Farrakhan, you don't see much of the chiefs in the major media. They don't tend to seek that limelight.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 01-20-2017 at 11:07 AM..

Old 01-20-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
So I take it that you are not a fan of Peggy Hubbard?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GydCnn_bUeg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHjGQGlefU

I'm not a "fan" of any youtube personality.

I don't even know who this lady is. Had to google her and I see she is just one of those conservative site's token blacks - black people who they wish we were all like lol.

I'm a fan of WEB DuBois and James Baldwin lol. I don't understand how anyone accepts someone else's opinion as anything worth being a "fan" of in todays day and age based on a rant they say in a video. IMO this is just more and more showing me how anti-intellectual we are becoming as a nation and as a demographic in regards to black America.

Some more contemporary black people I'm a fan of include Tavis Smiley and Alice Walker and bell hooks.

I read more than I watch videos. Most videos I watch are about the lives of people who I have read about or who I'm a "fan" of.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Never heard of this woman before. She is pretty tough. Too tough for me with her nod of approving her son be anally raped in jail or prison. But male-on-male rape is a fetish of heterosexual American men and women. Can you imagine her approving of some guy butt raping her daughter if she stole his car? Naw.

But overall I agree with her.

I wonder what her take would be on this feud (I just accidentally found out about scrolling through YouTube) going on between, apparently, two celebrity Bloods gang members. And former friends. Soulja Boy and Chris Brown.

I had no idea Chris Brown became a Blood. More interestingly I had no idea Californian Bloods allow two Bloods, one from Atlanta (Soulja Boy) and one from Virginia (Chris Brown) to become members of their hood or "block." I can't figure out if this is all a genius strategic or structural move by the Bloods of California or if it reduces them to a Hollywood show. I ether way I find it all interesting.

Interesting as well is that even rich and celebrated male artists like Chris Brown can have regular "women problems" like anyone else. Not to say he should be overreacting or beefing over some ladies but it's interesting he can have those same issues that regular dudes his age in the hood often have too.

Personally, I find their whole fued ridiculous. But then I'm square like that and probably lack their pride. Admittedly, I am on the lower rungs of the male social strata than they, so, women passing me up or ignoring me would be something I've been used to since time eternity.

I guess I'm more like Floyd Mayweather on this. But we are closer in age. I hope Chris Brown and Soulja Boy can end up living longer and living a better life than Suge Knight did though. Or than Tupac even.

Apparently, Mike Tyson is going to be training Chris Brown now. LOL.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6_EtiJ5o8
FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND SOULJA BOY TALK ABOUT THE FIGHT AND THE BLOODS

And MC Eiht is interviewed on questions about celebrity gang ties.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-cMd50Ha0E
MC Eiht: 2Pac Went Backwards By Affiliating Himself with Gangs
Sorry but this post is evidence of what I'm talking about in regards to anti-intellectualism.

None of this stuff is relevant in 99% of the lives of black people.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:58 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Many years ago, I began to make a distinction between "shamen" and "chiefs" among black Americans.

The role of a shaman in a tribe was to appeal to the gods--the powers that be--for their favor in things beyond the capabilities of the tribe...good weather, for instance. I guess "shaman" would be the category that most SJWs would fall into?

The role of the chiefs was to direct the tribe in what they needed to do for themselves.

Most of the black people displayed by the major media are the "shamen"--appealing to the powers that be. Except for Louis Farrakhan, you don't see much of the chiefs in the major media. They don't tend to seek that limelight.

Most of the major black people such as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton? How about Bill Cosby? Where would he fall at (prior to the rape allegations)? This also brings up something. I find it so funny how whites especially love bringing up Al Sharpton even though he doesn't come up in the bulk of our conversations. They care way more about him than most blacks do.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:37 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sorry but this post is evidence of what I'm talking about in regards to anti-intellectualism.
Have no idea what you are taking about "anti-intellectualism" as I'm not part of the elitist Democratic Party. Is "anti-intellectualism" one of the rallying cries of the Democrats and their snobbish blacks with college degrees?

Plus, I was replying to another poster who put up a video about violence in Black-America (and I believe about a 15 year-old boys body thrown in the trash in Chicago and set on fire).

Young members of the Black P. Stone gang in Milwaukee once were convicted of killing (through torture first) some black transsexual dude (born a girl) and disposing of her body in the city dump. Her body was never found. But a number of black people in Milwaukee have been murdered, stuffed in trash bins, and set on fire, with the responding fire department discovering the corpse.

The Bloods and Crips are major gangs in Black-America and rightly fit into any discussion of violence in Black-America. They represent among the celebrity LA class that the Democratic Party loves to parade around.

Quote:
None of this stuff is relevant in 99% of the lives of black people.
The Bloods and Crips are relevant to many black peoples lives from Belize to The Hague, Netherlands to the City of LA.

Apparently the Bloods are in Atlanta too the black Mecca of Black-America. I'd say they have done a better job "intereferring" in America than the Russians have. And using media to do so.

I have a very "anti-intellectual" way of curing the Bloods and Crips problem or the violence in Chicago for that matter. The threat (as mayor) of killing so many of them, and giving their money and cars to the blue collar young black men (snobbish black women disdain), that the United Nations will want to bring me up on genocidal charges.

Metro Chicago has more money than some rich European countries. They have it stuffed away in vaults and in accounts (supposedly saving it for a rainy day). And I'd open up the flood gates to that money and all the homeless of Chicago will be living materially better than the lower-middle-class working and living in Milwaukee. The streets will be so safe in the poorest black neighborhoods that they'd think they were living in the safest parts of Western Europe.

Because I'm f---in stupid. And I'd dare and beg any criminals to defy me and challenge my throne in Chicago.

To the poor, homeless, the weak, the vulnerable, to the deformed little girls I am your brother and servant. To the working middle-class I am your mayor. To the rich and powerful, to the strong that have reigned as Lords of the streets, I am neither friend nor mayor. I am your king.

And every powerful person, including myself, shall be accountable as any homeless IV heroin addict.

(I know in such a case you will come to kill me. The mighty. Good. That means I am doing my job. But I won't return your attacks and violence with a march down the street singing "We shall over come." I will return with wrath from the one who shoots thunder bolts from the sky. I will purge and drink your blood from a chalice. Amen.)

Anyways... revealing interview with Old School Professor Griff. Had no idea he with a crew of pro-black dudes used to rob drug dealers in a New York City.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K6xtBcMIDyo
Professor Griff on Flavor Flav Doing Crack During Anti-Crack Music Video

Old 01-20-2017, 04:19 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
Quote:
What do you think of the idea that blacks need to "speak out" against the issues in the black community. I do feel that we have done much of that in this thread (such as admitting that the black community is not flawless). Do you feel that we don't publically call out wrong enough? Why or why not?
I don't think black people need to "call out" these things as a way to impress other groups. What problem do blacks have that isn't on the tip of every Americans tongue during a racial debate? If anything, blacks need to have some time for once in this country where we can deal with our problem unbothered. Time so that we can deal with our problems without other groups constantly jumping, choosing sides, pitting some of us against others, etc. There has never been a time in this country where blacks could actually "catch-up" without interference.

In short, blacks don't need to be calling out stuff just to please other groups. Perhaps its time we handle business behind closed doors much in the way many families in America handle their business.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Have no idea what you are taking about "anti-intellectualism" as I'm not part of the elitist Democratic Party. Is "anti-intellectualism" one of the rallying cries of the Democrats and their snobbish blacks with college degrees?

Plus, I was replying to another poster who put up a video about violence in Black-America (and I believe about a 15 year-old boys body thrown in the trash in Chicago and set on fire).

Young members of the Black P. Stone gang in Milwaukee once were convicted of killing (through torture first) some black transsexual dude (born a girl) and disposing of her body in the city dump. Her body was never found. But a number of black people in Milwaukee have been murdered, stuffed in trash bins, and set on fire, with the responding fire department discovering the corpse.

The Bloods and Crips are major gangs in Black-America and rightly fit into any discussion of violence in Black-America. They represent among the celebrity LA class that the Democratic Party loves to parade around.

The Bloods and Crips are relevant to many black peoples lives from Belize to The Hague, Netherlands to the City of LA.

Apparently the Bloods are in Atlanta too the black Mecca of Black-America. I'd say they have done a better job "intereferring" in America than the Russians have. And using media to do so.

I have a very "anti-intellectual" way of curing the Bloods and Crips problem or the violence in Chicago for that matter. The threat (as mayor) of killing so many of them, and giving their money and cars to the blue collar young black men (snobbish black women disdain), that the United Nations will want to bring me up on genocidal charges.

Metro Chicago has more money than some rich European countries. They have it stuffed away in vaults and in accounts (supposedly saving it for a rainy day). And I'd open up the flood gates to that money and all the homeless of Chicago will be living materially better than the lower-middle-class working and living in Milwaukee. The streets will be so safe in the poorest black neighborhoods that they'd think they were living in the safest parts of Western Europe.

Because I'm f---in stupid. And I'd dare and beg any criminals to defy me and challenge my throne in Chicago.

To the poor, homeless, the weak, the vulnerable, to the deformed little girls I am your brother and servant. To the working middle-class I am your mayor. To the rich and powerful, to the strong that have reigned as Lords of the streets, I am neither friend nor mayor. I am your king.

And every powerful person, including myself, shall be accountable as any homeless IV heroin addict.

(I know in such a case you will come to kill me. The mighty. Good. That means I am doing my job. But I won't return your attacks and violence with a march down the street singing "We shall over come." I will return with wrath from the one who shoots thunder bolts from the sky. I will purge and drink your blood from a chalice. Amen.)

Anyways... revealing interview with Old School Professor Griff. Had no idea he with a crew of pro-black dudes used to rob drug dealers in a New York City.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K6xtBcMIDyo
Professor Griff on Flavor Flav Doing Crack During Anti-Crack Music Video
Anti-intellectualism means that people are becoming much more suspicious of knowledge, reason, and intellect and instead, without thinking or reasoning, taking something that someone tells them as "fact" and disregarding someone who has a deeper knowledge base on a particular subject. In this sense it has nothing to do with any party politics and I didn't mention any party politics

On your speaking of gangs, over 98% of black people are not in gangs. It is not relevant to anything that is being discussed in this the thread when you brought it up. You initially were discussing the ridiculous lady in the video then veered off into a discussion about gangs and Floyd Mayweather and other unassociated topics to what was being discussed.

Over 30% of black people today have some sort of higher learning/college degree. We are not all "snobbish" but some of us don't like the idiotic ramblings of random youtubers being taken as a reflection of the entire demographic and especially don't like those idiotic ramblings to be purported to be some sort of reference for a "truth" when it is only the opinion of the person in the video and may even be scripted fiction for all we know.

Also, I lived in Atlanta nearly 20 years and never saw any Bloods or Crips. And today Atlanta is no longer considered a "Black Mecca" that was during the late 90s/early 2000s when I initially moved there. More blacks today are moving to other areas that aren't Atlanta. They are still moving there too but way more are moving to other areas in the country like metros in Texas.

Gangs and drugs and youtubers, nor Professor Griff or Flavor Flav - they are not reflective of black people in this country and acting like they are IMO is evidence of anti-intellectualism running rampant in our society - not just amongst black people either BTW.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:44 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,142 times
Is there really any city today that one can call a "black Mecca"? There is a difference between a city that is predominantly black and a black Mecca.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.