Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:53 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Of course not. We can never progress away from scapegoating whites especially males. Communism and identity group politics forever and ever.
What does communism have to do with that? I know I'm asking someone who has never indicated anything to suggest they know things outside of their own little bubble, but still. I want to point out how incredibly stupid of a comment this is.

As a white person, I really don't feel the effects of scapegoating. I see it on occasion, but nothing ever actually happens. I can still do all the thing I would normally be allowed to do in a scenario where people apparently think white people aren't a race or don't have a culture. I agree, it does happen and it's stupid as hell (similar level of thinking this is an issue of communism, actually) but also, it's not actually that problematic big picture. I'm not being "oppressed" nor am I oppressing anyone. Occasionally, I read some dumbass **** on twitter. Life goes on though.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.

However, I feel very sorry for minorities in this country, and to a lesser extent women who want to go to college and not be housewives or trophy wives. They just got a BIG middle finger from the non-college whites in this country.

A friend of mine has an adopted daughter from China. Even before the election, other kids at school were telling her she needed to go home. She didn't understand & went home crying. I'm really scared for what she will face now.

Every bully in this country just got validated.

I'm from Texas, can turn on my accent if I want to talk conservative, and I'm a combat vet with 6 years service in the Army. And I'm white. Trump supporters won't hate on me; I can blend in with them.

What I would hate to be now, is a Muslim woman who wears any kind of head scarf or something that outs her as a Muslim.
Thank you for your service.

Now, with that out of the way.

You're a democrat, who has bought the farm on the "racist" republican rhetoric and Trump is a racist who hates women and muslims bit.

If you ever need to go to the VA, go after Trump has been sworn in, otherwise you'll catch the remnants of what Obama's authority was at the VA.

Cheers.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:55 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are your brothers between the ages of 13-25 in an American city that is at least 50% black?

If so, I'd be worried about their safety too.
They are in majority white cities that allow cops to shoot innocent, unarmed black men and get away with it.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Really? Do any of these brothers listen to Jay-Z's lyrics?

In case you missed it, here's one of his hits that Hillary seemed ok with. Amazing how many words are blanked out by the forum software.

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son
I got ninety nine problems but a ***** ain't one

I got the rap patrol on the gat patrol
Foes that want ta make sure my casket's closed
Rap critics that say he's "Money Cash Hoes"
I'm from the hood, stupid?what type of facts are those?
If you grew up with holes in your zapatos
You'd celebrate the minute you was having dough
I'm like "**** critics" you can kiss my whole *******
If you don't like my lyrics, you can press fast forward?
Got beef with radio if I don't play they show
They don't play my hits, well, I don't give a ****, so
Rap mags try and use my black ass
So advertisers can give 'em more cash for ads, ****ers
I don't know what you take me as
Or understand the intelligence that Jay-Z has
I'm from rags to riches, *****s I ain't dumb
I got ninety nine problems but a ***** ain't one, hit me

As to Trump, much of what he said was atrocious. I expect more of him as President.
Of course you bring up rap. Typical.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
Simply. Enforce. Existing. Laws.

That doesn't take "large sums of money"
The time it takes to deport anyone not on the border is a couple of years...and getting longer.

Tens of Billions for years. ICE is removing as many as it can with the existing funding. And not only do you need more enforcers but you need judges and lawyers and detention facilities. All costs money.

And that requires an appropriation that is not going to happen.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:58 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I don't really care about Trump vs. Hillary. Didn't like either of them, but reluctantly decided to vote Hillary after the "Grab them by the P***sy" tape.

However, I feel very sorry for minorities in this country, and to a lesser extent women who want to go to college and not be housewives or trophy wives. They just got a BIG middle finger from the non-college whites in this country.

A friend of mine has an adopted daughter from China. Even before the election, other kids at school were telling her she needed to go home. She didn't understand & went home crying. I'm really scared for what she will face now.

Every bully in this country just got validated.

I'm from Texas, can turn on my accent if I want to talk conservative, and I'm a combat vet with 6 years service in the Army. And I'm white. Trump supporters won't hate on me; I can blend in with them.

What I would hate to be now, is a Muslim woman who wears any kind of head scarf or something that outs her as a Muslim.

Enough of this "non-college whites" BS

He won the educated vote people.

Hillary won the non HS graduates heavily, while trump won both HS and college graduates like the Republicans always do. Just because more graduate and post graduate degree holder voted for Hillary doesn't mean she won the educated vote. It just means she won college educated voters that majored in degrees that require grad school like psychology or English instead of ones that don't like engineering, accounting, finance etc

Smart people put Trump in the WH.......get over it

Old 11-09-2016, 03:58 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Said this on another thread but you need to hear this too. These Trump supporters, the ones that actually put him in office, are the same exact people who put Obama in office twice. The Republicans were a constant for Romney and then Trump. But Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Florida - these were key states to his win and when you went county by county, the biggest difference in those states from Obama to this election were those rural counties Obama carried and Trump flipped. Do you genuinely believe the same people who voted for Obama twice are now suddenly raving racists because they voted for Trump?
Exactly!!!!

People are voting for change. Hillary was more of the same. The same failed policies and the same failed ideology. Most Americans feel left behind by the political elites. It shouldn't shock anyone that they are FINALLY voting against it. Trump might be a misogynistic, politically incorrect, unpredictable candidate, but there is no question that he will shake things up. Maybe that's what the average family, struggling to pay their bills, working two or three jobs, and fearing for their safety and the future of their children actually wants.

They aren't Republicans or Democrats. They are Americans and they are hurting.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
They are in majority white cities that allow cops to shoot innocent, unarmed black men and get away with it.
Sounds scary.

Which cities are these?

Old 11-09-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sounds scary.

Which cities are these?
It is scary. I hope my brothers' being with their white friends will protect them.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:01 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I agree 100% OP. This election has shown that white men can do and get away with any and everything without punishment.

As a black woman, I am frightened that his hateful words resonated with so many Americans. I fear for the safety of my brothers and my unborn children.
Hillary isn't a white male and she's gotten away with everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies