Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 07:31 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
IMO if you want to bring jobs back to the USA the first step is to stop buying Chinese/Asian products from the big box stores,it wont take them long to figure out that no one is buying their imported products,they'll have to stock their shelves with American made product or go out of business.
Over time this course of action will bring jobs back to the USA but at a cost your $12 toaster from China will now be made in USA for $80.
So people are going to stop buying iPhones, Samsung Galaxies (maybe since they're exploding), Sony Playstations, xBox, etc?

Quote:
The American company, Microsoft developed Xbox and gave a contract to Flextronics for the manufacture of its consoles. Flextronics have manufacturing units in many countries around the world including the United States, Brazil, Mexico, Hungary, Poland, China, India and Malaysia. Xbox 360 was manufactured by Flextronics, Wistron, Celestica and Foxconn, all of whom have manufacturing units in South China. As of September 2014, Xbox One is being manufactured by Flextronics and Foxconn.
https://www.reference.com/business-f...7fd2034f807d2#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 07:33 AM

811 posts, read 551,021 times
Anyone that actually believes Trump is going to bring back jobs is an idiot. That goes for any black person that thought he was serious when he said he'd bring back jobs to our hoods/run down communities.

All of the white people in west-bumble middle America that actually think Trump will do anything for them is going to be gravely disappointed lol. This man has been a rich wealthy individual that had no humble beginnings, and you pick up truck driving, front tooth missing hicks are going to learn he played on emotions and ran with it.

I'm glad Hillary didn't get in though. Trump was a blow to the liberal PC culture that I love. But he's not going to save y'all.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-11-2016 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: language

Old 11-11-2016, 07:34 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Some of the prices Americans can expect to pay if using American labor.

Microsoft xBox: $1,300
Samsung Galaxy: $1,400
iPad: $15,000
Air Jordans: $600
Gap Jeans: $160

Things That Would Be More Expensive If Made In The West - TheRichest

Soccer mom heads would literally explode. "How am I going to get my precious snowflake his Playstation? It costs my whole entire paycheck!"

Old 11-11-2016, 07:40 AM

1,302 posts, read 684,306 times
Haven't you wondered why even when there is no Wall in large portions of USA-Mexico Border, 120 million Mexicans remain here in their land?

¿Border Patrol? LOL

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 11-11-2016 at 08:01 AM..

Old 11-11-2016, 10:13 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Soccer mom heads would literally explode. "How am I going to get my precious snowflake his Playstation? It costs my whole entire paycheck!"
Even in China the labor force is being replaced by robots:

Foxconn replaces '60,000 factory workers with robots' - BBC News

Old 11-11-2016, 10:19 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Anyone that actually believes Trump is going to bring back jobs is an idiot. That goes for any black person that thought he was serious when he said he'd bring back jobs to our hoods/run down communities.

All of the white people in west-bumble-fvck middle America that actually think Trump will do anything for them is going to be gravely disappointed lol. This man has been a rich wealthy individual that had no humble beginnings, and you pick up truck driving, front tooth missing hicks are going to learn he played on emotions and ran with it.

I'm glad Hillary didn't get in though. Trump was a blow to the liberal PC culture that I love. But he's not going to save y'all.
You can see 4 years into the future eh? If he at least tries and fails it would still be more than the old hag Hillary would do.

The naysayers just want to see him fail because they aren't true Americans and voted for Hillary.

What's your threshold on whether or not he is successful?

Why don't the naysayers give a # and let's see where they stand.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 11-11-2016 at 10:38 AM..

Old 11-11-2016, 10:25 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:

Buy him a book at the thrift store. 1.00/five books..

Old 11-11-2016, 10:26 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,499,597 times
Funny replies here for the most part, good laugh. However it is the same mentality as a person who says "you know how many people you can feed if you sold your (insert object here)". No I don't but I do know it fed the person who sold it to me, the people who produced it, the ones who marketed it, the ones who created and developed the idea for it, etc.

With better and more jobs and lower taxes comes more expendable (read "take home") income. Just keep it in your mind that not everyone needs the latest $800 smart phone or $200 sneakers. The biggest problem I see is people who spend based on wants and not needs. Sure you can spend your money on whatever you want, one of the perks of freedom. But don't protest and ask for handouts when you cannot afford good housing, a car, school, etc.

I got a little off topic there, but my point is that if prices rise proportionate to income things balance. What has happened in the last decade or more is that costs have gone up exponentially to pay so it has been more difficult to find the balance. This is referring to FT jobs not part-time positions that are mostly meant for those in high school or college. Those are what you hold as you build yourself to a better future.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:28 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
First things first! First destroy all those robots that have taken jobs away from Americans the past 20-30 years, and, secondly, cut the minimum wage in half. What else needs to be done?
Quote:
So people are going to stop buying iPhones, Samsung Galaxies (maybe since they're exploding), Sony Playstations, xBox, etc?

https://www.reference.com/business-f...7fd2034f807d2#
Quote:

No one said assembly line manufacturing is going to come back to the US. Learn about the modern day sector and get up to speed.

You think consumer electronics and clothing are the only 2 things in the world that falls under manufacturing? Seriously.

I already posted an article from the WSJ for you to read but apparently you didn't. So back something up with facts or...

Old 11-11-2016, 10:29 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They better start coming back in Trump's first 100 days.

They didn't disappear overnight (or 100 days).

What makes you think they will come back overnight (or 100 days)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies