Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 11:55 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Newsflash, women do pay for abortion themselves.
PP has no sliding fee scales for abortion services? I doubt that.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:57 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
The conservative plan is not get sick and if you do get sick to either pay incredibly high insurance if you can afford it or suffer in silence for being poor.

That's their plan in the nut shell.

The rest is just a sick joke talking point.
Notice how conservatives are the only people who can figure out how to function in society and/or not die without handouts? That should tell you something.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:57 AM

55 posts, read 31,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
People that aren't overweight don't pay less than obese people. Also single men use it less than anyone yet we're still forced to pay more... I'm not popping out any babies that I can't afford.
This line always floors me.. LOL..

Yes, indeed you are NOT the one popping out the baby.

BUT babies don't exist without men. Therefore they are equally culpable.

Why should woman pay more in health care because they bare the children?

Unless that child is conceived by immaculate conception..they shouldn't.

Now... maybe you aren't putting yourself in a position to impregnant people.. but not all woman are putting themselves in a position to be impregnated either.. yet they would still be charged more because of their sex....

Old 12-19-2016, 11:58 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,385,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Good, then get COBRA. Oh, wait, you don't even need COBRA since you admitted your scenario was actually fake because you'll have continuous insurance regardless.

You know what's funny? Like a lot of people on here, you say "you're setting me up for hardship." So, basically, so that your problems don't affect you, you want it to affect me. That makes sense.
No, what I'm saying is that we need to un-tether health insurance from employment completely to ensure that responsible people who have paid their premiums for years without fail cannot be tossed to the curb when businesses decide to re-structure.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-19-2016 at 12:06 PM..

Old 12-19-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBann View Post
Yes, indeed you are NOT the one popping out the baby.

BUT babies don't exist without men. Therefore they are equally culpable.

Why should woman pay more in health care because they bare the children?
They shouldn't. Both the mother and father of the illegitimate child should bear the costs of having the child. And only them, unless they can guilt trip their own parents to pony up.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
No, what I'm saying is that we need to un-tether health insurance from employment completely to ensure that responsible people who have paid their premiums for years without fail cannot be tossed to the curb when businesses decide to re-structure.
That's a fair point then, because insurance being provided by companies is a relatively new thing. Companies should only pay people a salary and you do with it what you want. You know why they started getting into insurance? Because of wage freezes by government. So once again government created the problem.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Right. Instead, if you just made it direct fee for service -- like every other industry in the world -- you'd be able to avoid having to judge people. And isn't that we want?

Why would it have to be assisted? Just commit suicide. Instead, you want a doctor to do it for you.

Not necessarily. Many just want the freedom to have access to the drugs that will accomplish the deed most efficiently without government interference.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. Many just want the freedom to have access to the drugs that will accomplish the deed most efficiently without government interference.
You can, just pay for it. Yourself.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:03 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,805,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Children born out of wedlock have more medical expenses?
If the woman is on Medicare (many single moms are) the baby is being subsidized by taxpayers and single men such as myself that don't feel my tax money should be going towards raising it.

Make bad decisions...you pay more. Plain and simple.

Time for them to sell the 800 dollar IPhone and brand new car that they can't afford and stop sucking the system and people such as myself dry.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:03 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,149,616 times
Quote:
And quickly and painlessly.

Slowly withering away from terminal cancer is inhumane to the patient and far more expensive than allowing the option for them to breathe into a special euthanasia mask and immediately drift away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies