Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 04:58 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeThoughts101 View Post
What's there to celebrate about a woman's dad/husband/relatives forcing her to cover up her hair?
Liberals in the West like to celebrate for this death cult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 05:00 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Isnt it Canadas business, not ours?
Oh boy! What have you done now? You've actually questioned the right of a country that says they celebrate individual freedoms and the right to allow people to practice their cultural identity to criticize a country that actually does? Oh, oh.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:43 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeThoughts101 View Post
What's there to celebrate about a woman's dad/husband/relatives forcing her to cover up her hair?
They arent all forced.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Absolutely, 100%. In a way we would NEVER fetishize or celebrate "Christian" conservative dress.

No swooning articles about the trendy fashion of these ladies, eh? I wonder why not?:
Because they are FDLS and its a " plain " dress. Though they ARE forced to wear it by their leader who is rotting in jail for rape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Thousands of women are victims of acid attacks on their faces because of No or Bad hijab.
Acid attacks on Iranian women linked to 'bad hijab' | Middle East Eye
and heres a woman who is NOT muslim but was ASSUMED to be and given crap over it. Should she just stop wearing a scarf because because assume stupid things??

That Time I Almost Stabbed A Couple Rednecks Who Saw My Headwrap And Assumed I Was Muslim » VSB

Old 11-30-2016, 06:47 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'll bet you anything if they had a person wearing a large cross around their neck, they'd get phone calls and there'd be a ****e storm on twitter by the nitwits tweeting their feigned outrage.

Lol, I'd say that's a safe bet. You are right indeed about how these fawning leftists have bumped their heads too. Truly as they see things the only people who can exercise their rights without instant outrage have to be expressing some sort of....alternative culture/lifestyle. In the latter case, like this Muslim anchor, they go all ga ga, spewing about "cultural enrichment" "courageous expression", brave challenge of the status quo", just on and on Then, when someone expresses themselves about something they disagree with and/or have personal dislike (close enough to being hate to call it such) they get just as enthusiastic about in a negative way. Right down to calling for bans and blatant censorship on these things. Whatever they may be. There's a bunch, take your pick.

So much for diversity, tolerance, free thinking and personal choice. I really don't get the gushing over Islamists. As all about gay rights, (the Islamists are about the biggest hypocrites out there on that) women's rights, tolerance of differing faiths, free expression, and separation of religion and government (something I actually agree with but that includes Islam too) as they are yet they give Islam a pass on the things they do on those issues? And think we should throw open our gates to these people? That's right up there with giving Nazis a pass. I've heard of "love thine enemy" but....seriously? Lol, they decide to take one piece of Scripture to heart, and want to apply it like that?

Yes, well, whatever. I'm actually OK with it. If they want to gush over Islam, more power. But flipping a 180 and shouting down other aspects of free expression , that's gotta stop. So till these patronizing phony moonbat leftists practice what they preach I wont give them any respect. When they quit cramming things down others throats then maybe people will quit spitting it back at them.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:03 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Women in Muslim societies are shamed into wearing a hijab.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

There is a campaign to give Muslim women the choice to shun the forced hijab.
Home - MSF

Quote:
It would be nicer if more Canadian female anchors wore the hijab.

So I'm trying to understand what you're trying to say here with those two comments.

There are very few female muslim news anchors in Canada and they choose not to wear the hijab so there's not much reason for more female anchors to wear a hijab. Are you saying you think more Canadian female muslim anchors should be shamed into wearing hijabs? Or do you think non-muslim female news anchors should be wearing hijabs because it would be nicer if more female anchors wore them?

Last edited by Zoisite; 11-30-2016 at 07:18 PM..

Old 11-30-2016, 07:07 PM

I heard this on the news today. A teenage muslim girl in Minnesota beauty pageant:

Somali-American teen becomes the first Miss USA hopeful to wear a hijab and a burkini | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-30-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I heard this on the news today. A teenage muslim girl in Minnesota beauty pageant:

Somali-American teen becomes the first Miss USA hopeful to wear a hijab and a burkini | Daily Mail Online

theres already a thread on that topic

Old 11-30-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
theres already a thread on that topic
That's okay, I think it deserves mention here too.

Re: the title of this thread "Canada celebrates "First Hijabi" Muslim news anchor" - that's not true and it's kind of a silly thing to say. That muslim news anchor and the media that reported her story might be making a big deal out of it but Canada isn't "celebrating" it. This is the first I've heard of it and I seriously doubt that most other Canadians have heard about it either nor would they particularly care one way or the other. It's really NOT a big deal except perhaps to the muslim news anchor who chose to wear her hijab.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:58 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,732 times
Quote:
"She created a buzz after the broadcast ended and she tweeted: 'That's a wrap! Tonight wasn't just important for me. I don't think a woman in hijab has ever anchored a newscast in Canada.'"
Ginella Massa becomes Canada's first ever hijab-wearing news anchor | Daily Mail Online

Congratulations Canada on reaching this very important milestone!!!

Muslims are enriching Canadian society in many ways, though with some challenges.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ure-study.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZBof59aMGI
Is this a joke?

Canada is celebrating 3rd world nonsense that literally takes a huge dump on equality

You can't be civilized with the uncivilized. Those people literally multiply when you dump water on them. Have fun with all that Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies