Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 02:42 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
another example for you of people ASSUMING someone is Muslim for wearing a headcovering when they arent. This is from a Jewish headcovering group im apart of:
You are assuming I assumed something while accusing me of assuming something I didn't assume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 04:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
another example for you of people ASSUMING someone is Muslim for wearing a headcovering when they arent. This is from a Jewish headcovering group im apart of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
You are assuming I assumed something while accusing me of assuming something I didn't assume.
Basically THAT^^^

Ohky, you seem to be bent on missing the points that people are making. Forget who wears what and why for a minute.

Let's start with the primary question:

Why is it newsworthy that a Canadian news reporter wears a hijab?

and

The left is making such a humongous deal about this when it represents a religion that, for all intents and purposes, is counter to the entire liberal premise.

Would it be newsworthy if a Christian reporter wore a cross, or a Jewish reporter a Yamaka? I think the only thing we'd be hearing is how religion has no place in broadcasting... yet... a Hijab is praised?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:40 PM

7,678 posts, read 5,524,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Would it be newsworthy if a Christian reporter wore a cross, or a Jewish reporter a Yamaka? I think the only thing we'd be hearing is how religion has no place in broadcasting... yet... a Hijab is praised?
Well, actually...

Harnarayan Singh makes English debut in NHL broadcast from Calgary - Calgary - CBC News (Note the turban)

Quote:
Already the first person to call the play-by-play of NHL games in Punjabi, the 31-yeoar-old will become the first Sikh to broadcast in English when he joins the crew covering the Calgary Flames and Toronto Maple Leafs game at the Saddledome.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:42 PM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
I thought this was an Onion article that a news anchor said women should don head scarfs in solidarity with Muslims. Good lord Proggies are nuts. That 'ill be the day the American women done burkas or head scarves in solidarity with Muslims. No way in hell.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I thought this was an Onion article that a news anchor said women should don head scarfs in solidarity with Muslims. Good lord Proggies are nuts. That 'ill be the day the American women done burkas or head scarves in solidarity with Muslims. No way in hell.
They bask in their nutty hypocritical ugliness as they polish their turds and call them diamonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
..and yet again I ask: why is this newsworthy?

Is it that anything other than and counter to Christianity and Judaism makes for news? Is that it?

Old 12-04-2016, 04:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Oh for Chrisske!

Stop with this holier than though bullcrap! You've got more muslims in one city than Canada has in it's entirety. Any of you people taken a drive through Dearborn Mi. lately?

VIDEO: ‘Hillary’s America’ is already here

You've got over 3000 mosques in the U.S. with one of the largest situated in that bastion of whitebread redneck civility; TEXAS.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...exas&FORM=IGRE

Stop the bullcrap of vilifying Canada when you're embracing them in exactly the same ways only MORESO.

Peruse the stats of refugee and immigration along with assimilation and then maybe you'll regain some rational sense of perspective regarding this little tempest in your retarded teapot.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh for Chrisske!

Stop with this holier than though bullcrap! You've got more muslims in one city than Canada has in it's entirety. Any of you people taken a drive through Dearborn Mi. lately?

VIDEO: ‘Hillary’s America’ is already here

You've got over 3000 mosques in the U.S. with one of the largest situated in that bastion of whitebread redneck civility; TEXAS.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...exas&FORM=IGRE

Stop the bullcrap of vilifying Canada when you're embracing them in exactly the same ways only MORESO.

Peruse the stats of refugee and immigration along with assimilation and then maybe you'll regain some rational sense of perspective regarding this little tempest in your retarded teapot.
I hope you feel better now.

Thanks for saying "you" as if anyone asking why this is news somehow are to blame personally for the influx of refugees. Again, we are not vilifying Canada, we are asking why this is newsworthy... and why it's "great news" from the left.

Trump won because people are sick of an open border and unvetted refugees. If you're going to blame a group of people for our situation look in the mirror because it was Obama and the left who caused and are still causing these problems, relentlessly. Half the country just voted against the progressive dishonesty and crony politics because they never embraced their idiotic meanderings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/wo...ates.html?_r=0

Obama is quietly attempting to take in refugees that Australia is refusing. The Aussies are at least vetting their refugees, while Obama and the left remain ignorant to why they just got trounced.

"It wasn't the message, it was the delivery"

BS! Keep playing identity politics and trying to build up a voting base of illegal aliens and outliers and the left will become completely irrelevant in future elections.

Nothing like following stupid arrogance with ignorance.

BTW, what is a Chrisske? Did you mean Christs Sake?

Last edited by steven_h; 12-06-2016 at 11:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies