Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 05:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...I didn't think it was funny. I was being serious.
That makes it even funnier.

LMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 05:27 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So Canadians are in support of a system that relegates women to 2nd class status?
Wearing a Hijab has nothing to do with your status. Its just a headcovering style. There are Jewish women and Cancer patients to name 2 types of people than wear Hijab time to time. They arent 2nd class. Wearing it also doesnt make you Muslim.

I cover my hair (i have worn a Hijab style but not often).

Old 11-29-2016, 05:31 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Wearing a Hijab has nothing to do with your status. Its just a headcovering style. There are Jewish women and Cancer patients to name 2 types of people than wear Hijab time to time. They arent 2nd class. Wearing it also doesnt make you Muslim.

I cover my hair (i have worn a Hijab style but not often).
Women in Muslim societies are shamed into wearing a hijab.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

There is a campaign to give Muslim women the choice to shun the forced hijab.
Home - MSF

Old 11-29-2016, 05:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So Canadians are in support of a system that relegates women to 2nd class status?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What a dumb thing to celebrate.
Dumbest thing ever! THANK GOD Canada has been proselytized.

Why are the left so enamored with 1. any religion because they mostly hate them 2. a male-centric womanizing cult that says they can rape a woman if she is alone 3. a religion that calls for all LGBT people to be slaughtered

Why is it "good" that a woman forced to cover herself in public has become a newscaster?

Why aren't the left protesting this backassward religion for forcing their women to cover up in public, among a long list of other things?

When did hypocrisy become stylish?

Old 11-29-2016, 05:35 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Women in Muslim societies are shamed into wearing a hijab.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

There is a campaign to give Muslim women the choice to shun the forced hijab.
Home - MSF
Not all of them are. Some of them choose to. Some have rules to wear it- similar to in Judaism.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:47 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,254 times
Quote:
Not all of them are. Some of them choose to. Some have rules to wear it- similar to in Judaism.
Millions of Muslim women are forced to wear it, just that fact makes the hijab tainted.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:51 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Only Orthodox Jews, and it isn't a Hijab... no Jews cover their entire head and/or face. What about a burka? Is that acceptable as well?

Old 11-29-2016, 05:53 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Our local reporters are so ugly that I'd suggest burkhas.
Hey you should come to South Florida. They're pretty and dress like hookers here.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:58 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Millions of Muslim women are forced to wear it, just that fact makes the hijab tainted.
From what I've read about the hijab, the decision to wear it or not is supposed to solely rest on the woman making the decision. So forcing women to wear the hijab violates this principle, but forcing women not to wear the hijab also violates this principle.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
I got to say what this new broad cast and never even took notice of it. In Toronto seeing someone in a hijab is pretty normal. We have a lot of very diverse news personalities in Toronto so even though it is was a note worthy change... I really did not notice ex wow is she wearing a hijab ... on the news... in Canana. It was just another reporter doing her job on tv.

If someone choose to wear a hijab then it is none of my business. In Canada people have choices. I like to make mine so I am not really feeling that I should take aways some else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies