Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 06:52 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I paid the taxes that "helped me" -- and then some.

Now maybe you should start contributing to society.
Why do you believe I don't already contribute to society? Because I don't have as much money as you? Yes, you paid taxes that helped you and me. And for that I sincerely thank you. As I said, once I reach your obvious level of success I hope I don't get amnesia and forget when I needed the same help others rail against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 06:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Where is the contradiction?
Quote:
Where did I say I knew what Trump is going to do? I'm speculating....
Yes, you're speculating.

That's what I said to begin with, so I don't know why you're arguing with me about this.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:05 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
Why do you believe I don't already contribute to society?
Because of your stated claim that I -- and presumably everyone else -- get by only by "reaching into other people's pockets."

It doesn't occur to you that a small percentage of people in this country pay most of the federal and state income taxes -- as well as sales and property taxes -- and that a large percentage of people in this country pay no income taxes at all.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Would things have been better if "Wall Street" Hillary had won?

We don't know what Trump is going to do (your claims that you do know are completely speculative.)

We do know what Hillary would have done. She would have done what her paymasters -- Wall Street -- wanted her to do.
I've argued that we do not know what Trump will do also BUT by appointing Goldman Sachs henchmen that is not a good sign.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Wrong.

When Bush tried to put an end to the nonsense, Republicans were accused by Democrats of "hating poor people and minorities."
He never did squat. He had the House and Senate. All he cared about was keeping his failed wars funded.

Mr "we can fund them off the books".

Old 12-31-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Because of your stated claim that I -- and presumably everyone else -- get by only by "reaching into other people's pockets."

It doesn't occur to you that a small percentage of people in this country pay most of the federal and state income taxes -- as well as sales and property taxes -- and that a large percentage of people in this country pay no income taxes at all.
Perhaps like Trump?

Old 12-31-2016, 07:21 AM

8,634 posts, read 9,144,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
Trailer park insults? Wow! I could probably fit a minimum of 5 in my paved driveway. Do you need a place to park yours?
I can fit 3 on mine. "Organic Small Home" may translate to "Mud Hut" I can easily fit 10 of those.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:24 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Nope. No contempt at all. Just pretty sick and tired of this nation being dragged into the sewer by America's working class stupidity. How do I know? Because I grew up working class. Yep. Sorry to let you down, but I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about here. For the most part, America's working class are a bunch of angry, bitter, uneducated, and yep, often racist, people who think that by voting for rich, white, Wall Street thieves, life will somehow get better. Instead, they keep making things worse for themselves. Look at the Deep South: not one of those states actually works. They've been voting the GOP into office for decades, and they still have the worst educational rates, the worst pay, the worst . . . everything. Yet, somehow, this makes sense to them. Give me a break about "liberals" and "contempt for the working class." I grew up working class, and I know very, very well how they think and how they behave.
I'm trying to decide if you're trolling or really believe that and don't realize you're embarrassing yourself. If the latter, all that bitterness will eat you alive.

Pitiful.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:27 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Do I really need to detail the litany of programs, services and departments run every day by tax dollars which benefit you and the rest of society?
Unless you're paying the per capita cost of the government in taxes, you're reaching into someone else's pocket for those programs, services, and departments.

2015 federal US spending: $3.8 trillion
2015 population: 320 million

The per capita cost is $11,875.00

For households with couples and those with children the costs are:
2 people: $23,750
3 people: $35,625
4 people: $47,500
5 people: $59,374

So a family of 4 (2 parents and 2 kids), for example, should be paying $47,500 in federal payroll, income, corporate, etc., taxes for 2015.

Anyone paying below that amount is reaching into others' pockets to pay for what we all have access to from the federal government.

Everyone should think very carefully about whether they're paying their fair share.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:29 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be rude but that makes zero sense and speaks to the ignorance of the electorate which voted for a man like Trump.
I guess it went over your head. Sorry if that is rude.

People want jobs. Is that clear enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies