Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 03:02 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
I'm not trying to troll or be insulting, really. I'm just calling it as I see it from a general perspective.

Most conservative men I know look at liberal males and think the same thing. For a while there I couldn't tell liberal males from gay men. Then I realized the difference. Gay men are actually MORE masculine, generally speaking. Gay men tend to spend more time in the gym, and are a lot more alpha than liberal males in general.

It's very odd, because 20 or 30 years ago it was not this way.

As far as liberal women? Well, I'm only observing from a distance. I generally won't interact with them if I can avoid it. Because the masculine traits they seem to adopt are rather obnoxious, so I don't really engage them. I don't hire them, wouldn't work for them, and absolutely would avoid adding them to a team.

So the point is I understand why some people might gravitate toward the liberal ideology. I don't agree with it, however it makes sense. But where is the behavioral stuff coming from? Daddy spend too much time on the golf course? Feminist mommy emasculate your divorced daddy a little too much in front of you? What is it?

Again, I'm sorry if this insults you as a liberal but I can't help what I see. Help me understand why this odd role reversal is occurring. I realize some might not agree with my observations 100%, but I don't think anyone can seriously deny this is happening 100% either. Thoughts?
Dude, awesome.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:03 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
Quote:
But what's causing it? I used to live in a DEEP BLUE city and it never happened to me. All my friends that still live there, except maybe 2, are Trump supporters.

The serious question for the FDA is, what the hell is Starbucks adding to the coffee?
Because any masculine white men would be vastly outnumbered in most blue metros. Your friends probably are not very vocal or they would lose their job and friends . Todays entire progressive movement and Democratic party is based on the browning of america and the emasculation of white males. This election was a real
indicator on white American masculinity and where it still exists.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:04 AM

638 posts, read 310,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I see you spouting trolling nonsense.

Nope

I dont know anyone attending yoga currently...but I did know someone in the past. He was liberal I admit. He did some yoga thing where they cranked it up to like 100 degrees in the studio. It was crazy. He was the only male there. And Gay.

Not a single one.
Nope
Nope. Lots of suits at work. I suppose the one mormon kid who wears a lot of pink. I have no idea what his politics are.
Come on. be honest. you're letting your biases define your stereotypes, and have came online with them to try and get some affirmation bias.

Seriously, most of my coworkers are liberals. The ones that arent look just like the ones that are.

(And I dont think the gay guys I know really count, they're mostly liberal cause your side seems to think they shouldn't have rights)

You're full of nonsense.
That's not biased at all. I KNOW liberal men that attend yoga classes. I KNOW liberal men that can't change a tire. I KNOW liberal men that are SAH dads, although given the current state of the economy I can't really say that's a liberal thing so much as it's a survival thing.

I'm not saying this based on pictures I see on the internet. These people DO exist. At least in the northeast they do.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:05 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
That's not biased at all. I KNOW liberal men that attend yoga classes. I KNOW liberal men that can't change a tire. I KNOW liberal men that are SAH dads, although given the current state of the economy I can't really say that's a liberal thing so much as it's a survival thing.

I'm not saying this based on pictures I see on the internet. These people DO exist. At least in the northeast they do.
Shrug. Maybe its just you then.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Because any masculine white men would be vastly outnumbered in most blue metros. Your friends probably are not very vocal or they would lose their job and friends . Todays entire progressive movement and Democratic party is based on the browning of america and the emasculation of white males. This election was a real
indicator on white American masculinity and where it still exists.
No my friends that I grew up with are mostly blue-collar. Cops, construction, maintenance, etc. I'm personally not, but I've tried and I can't associate with the people I work with today. I work with males that get manicures.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:11 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
No my friends that I grew up with are mostly blue-collar. Cops, construction, maintenance, etc. I'm personally not, but I've tried and I can't associate with the people I work with today. I work with males that get manicures.
LOL. Again...maybe its your workplace.

You're trying to label a huge group of people with your own views. Anecdotal evidence does not make reality.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:13 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,148 times
Well, at least liberal men don't pretend to be masculine and "tough".

Old 01-03-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Again...maybe its your workplace.

You're trying to label a huge group of people with your own views. Anecdotal evidence does not make reality.
Nope, I'm surrounded by liberals in this area. These are my neighbors and associates that I interact with regularly. I literally stand in awe of some of it, but it's real.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
Well, at least liberal men don't pretend to be masculine and "tough".
They couldn't! lol. It's hard to be a bad-ass in a knit beanie and skinny-jeans.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:16 AM

Look this was a serious question. As a dad, I want to ensure I'm not accidentally doing something to my kids that could cause this. That's where my curiosity comes from. I don't want to throw soft insults back and forth about it. In my experience, this is certainly happening. Other experiences may differ, but I can only go by what I see, and it scares the hell out of me as a parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies