Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
Were you expecting me to critique all males in the vicinity of the major cities? Generalizations are used to make points, but you're welcomed to go door to door with a legal pad if you like.
Just saying it is rather perjorative. Most fundamentalist, born again urban dwellers seem like pansies to me...doesn't make it so.

I'm glad I live in a large urban area and encounter all types at all times. Keeps me from living in the stereotypes. It isn't wrong to assumptively stereotype as that is human nature. But it doesn't do one many benefits.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
I'm guessing the person who started this thread grew up in a time and place where young kids got the message from birth about how boys "act" and how "girls" act". Although we are still conditioned to teach these models of what it means to be masculine and feminine, in recent years more educated folk are rejecting stereotypical traits of masculinity and femininity and allowing kids to simply BE, without being overly concerned with demonstrating how masculine or feminine they feel. For many this is threatening; it seems "unnatural", "weak", or going against the "true nature" of what it means to me a man or woman. And it if makes folks uncomfortable or view these people with suspicion or disdain so be it. The world is changing and so many of us fear change. With fear comes anger and close mindedness; not unlike those conservative social values so many hold dearly. It's okay, the world will keep right on changing. You can be open to it or cling to your values and blame others for "effeminate liberal men" and "aggressive liberal women" but younger folks are going to be who they are going to be.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:28 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,676,296 times
Quote:
So you don't see what I'm talking about, at all?

You don't see liberal men developing feminine mannerisms, at all?

You don't see liberal men attending yoga classes?

You don't see liberal men staying at home with the kids while mommy goes to work?

You don't see liberal men calling Triple-A regularly because they can't change a tire?

You don't see liberal men dressing like they just raided the closet of a teenage girl?

Come on. Be honest.

I guess Daddy told you to "not be a sissy", and to this day, won't cry, show emotion.

Some teach their sons to have set ideas or opinions and to develop hangups. You judge those who vary from you and apparently spend a lot of time watching others and making assessments. Some project that everyone must be believing exactly the same things. Not everyone (thank God) comes from a Conservative background or is taught to have certain ideas regarding men, women, LGBT. The world has been moving on, graduating.

I do think you could use a therapist.. or if you are just making this up to get a rise out of others, then you could still use counseling.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:32 AM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to troll or be insulting, really. I'm just calling it as I see it from a general perspective.

Most conservative men I know look at liberal males and think the same thing. For a while there I couldn't tell liberal males from gay men. Then I realized the difference. Gay men are actually MORE masculine, generally speaking. Gay men tend to spend more time in the gym, and are a lot more alpha than liberal males in general.

It's very odd, because 20 or 30 years ago it was not this way.

As far as liberal women? Well, I'm only observing from a distance. I generally won't interact with them if I can avoid it. Because the masculine traits they seem to adopt are rather obnoxious, so I don't really engage them. I don't hire them, wouldn't work for them, and absolutely would avoid adding them to a team.

So the point is I understand why some people might gravitate toward the liberal ideology. I don't agree with it, however it makes sense. But where is the behavioral stuff coming from? Daddy spend too much time on the golf course? Feminist mommy emasculate your divorced daddy a little too much in front of you? What is it?

Again, I'm sorry if this insults you as a liberal but I can't help what I see. Help me understand why this odd role reversal is occurring. I realize some might not agree with my observations 100%, but I don't think anyone can seriously deny this is happening 100% either. Thoughts?
My war hero (hubby) was all man- and a democrat- go flip a burger some have nothing intelligent to to do but talk shyte

Old 01-03-2017, 05:33 AM

638 posts, read 310,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I'm guessing the person who started this thread grew up in a time and place where young kids got the message from birth about how boys "act" and how "girls" act". Although we are still conditioned to teach these models of what it means to be masculine and feminine, in recent years more educated folk are rejecting stereotypical traits of masculinity and femininity and allowing kids to simply BE, without being overly concerned with demonstrating how masculine or feminine they feel. For many this is threatening; it seems "unnatural", "weak", or going against the "true nature" of what it means to me a man or woman. And it if makes folks uncomfortable or view these people with suspicion or disdain so be it. The world is changing and so many of us fear change. With fear comes anger and close mindedness; not unlike those conservative social values so many hold dearly. It's okay, the world will keep right on changing. You can be open to it or cling to your values and blame others for "effeminate liberal men" and "aggressive liberal women" but younger folks are going to be who they are going to be.
That's not "education". That's indoctrination into feminism. Yes, the world is changing. With Brexit and Trump all indicators say we're moving back to sanity. But we're barely off the starting line, so we are where we are. Still wildly off course, and looking for the shore.

No, it doesn't seem unnatural. It actually is unnatural. No, it doesn't seem "weak". Liberal males actually are weak, in general. That's exactly the point.

....and younger folks are mostly unemployed. That isn't due to the job market alone. That's because they don't know how to act, and no one wants to hire them.

Maybe that's what caused it? Female leadership in educational institutions coupled with the rise of feminism!

Old 01-03-2017, 05:34 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,676,296 times
Quote:
Look this was a serious question. As a dad, I want to ensure I'm not accidentally doing something to my kids that could cause this. That's where my curiosity comes from. I don't want to throw soft insults back and forth about it. In my experience, this is certainly happening. Other experiences may differ, but I can only go by what I see, and it scares the hell out of me as a parent.
OH no...now I see you have kids.. .. passing along the ol', outdated ideas, eh?

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
We will have to agree to disagree here. I think many with public personas were shamed into logeing their support behind Hillary out of fear of social media and the press.

I actually listened to radio interviews given by both Bernard Hopkins and Meta World Peace, telling the host that Hillary was just going to take their money.
Then again you had white guys from the NBA; Kerr, Pop and Van Grundy lash out against Trump. Like I said sports is a macrocosm of the general population. The average age of a pro athlete is 26, and they think just like any other 26 year old. I would agree that Trump probably got more support from black athletes then most other Republicans would of got.

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to troll or be insulting, really. I'm just calling it as I see it from a general perspective.

Most conservative men I know look at liberal males and think the same thing. For a while there I couldn't tell liberal males from gay men. Then I realized the difference. Gay men are actually MORE masculine, generally speaking. Gay men tend to spend more time in the gym, and are a lot more alpha than liberal males in general.

It's very odd, because 20 or 30 years ago it was not this way.

As far as liberal women? Well, I'm only observing from a distance. I generally won't interact with them if I can avoid it. Because the masculine traits they seem to adopt are rather obnoxious, so I don't really engage them. I don't hire them, wouldn't work for them, and absolutely would avoid adding them to a team.

So the point is I understand why some people might gravitate toward the liberal ideology. I don't agree with it, however it makes sense. But where is the behavioral stuff coming from? Daddy spend too much time on the golf course? Feminist mommy emasculate your divorced daddy a little too much in front of you? What is it?

Again, I'm sorry if this insults you as a liberal but I can't help what I see. Help me understand why this odd role reversal is occurring. I realize some might not agree with my observations 100%, but I don't think anyone can seriously deny this is happening 100% either. Thoughts?
You`re here looking for a date?

Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 AM

638 posts, read 310,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My war hero (hubby) was all man- and a democrat- go flip a burger some have nothing intelligent to to do but talk shyte
Well that's an impossible combination, unless he was also a union-shlub type. Again, not really a liberal. Just a voter trying to preserve his job in a workplace that doesn't function on merit.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:39 AM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You`re here looking for a date?
I do wonder why any male is looking so hard at other males- ? normally they do NOT observe- they go about their business. hmm? guess one can get a date here? good point Gmagoo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies