Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 03:19 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times

Advertisements

Maybe the yoga guys are just looking to pick up chicks?

Old 01-03-2017, 03:20 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,348,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
But what's causing it? I used to live in a DEEP BLUE city and it never happened to me. All my friends that still live there, except maybe 2, are Trump supporters.

The serious question for the FDA is, what the hell is Starbucks adding to the coffee?

Going out on a limb here, but GMO-affected soy based products may have something to do with it. Vegetarianism/veganism has been embraced among many liberals, and they consume soy based meat and dairy alternatives. Studies on soy have proven there are side affects such as loss of male body hair and low sperm count.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:22 AM

638 posts, read 310,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Going out on a limb here, but GMO-affected soy based products may have something to do with it. Vegetarianism/veganism is the trend among many liberals, and they consume soy based meat and dairy alternatives.
This is certainly a possibility. I am the resident GMO-nut in this house. We don't even eat corn anymore.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:24 AM

1,147 posts, read 717,818 times
Quote:
They couldn't! lol. It's hard to be a bad-ass in a knit beanie and skinny-jeans.
What makes you a "masculine" man?

Old 01-03-2017, 03:28 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,348,435 times
Quote:
This is certainly a possibility. I am the resident GMO-nut in this house. We don't even eat corn anymore.
Absolutely. DH and I are eating more grass fed meats and consume nothing but free range eggs. We belong to an organic food co-op as well. I once read the ingredients label on a can of Loma Linda Big Franks. Vegan, yes, but the chemicals and sodium in it would shock you. Just because it is "soy protein" does not make it healthy. I grow my own produce on a bit less than half an acre, and am iconstantly learning more organic farming methods, avoiding purchasing non-organic seeds and plants.

Sorry, off topic, but I do think GMO-affected soy should have more studies done on it. Another side effect to men is enlarged breasts, I read.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:28 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Look this was a serious question. As a dad, I want to ensure I'm not accidentally doing something to my kids that could cause this. That's where my curiosity comes from. I don't want to throw soft insults back and forth about it. In my experience, this is certainly happening. Other experiences may differ, but I can only go by what I see, and it scares the hell out of me as a parent.
OK, let me try to answer it seriously.

The world has changed. Your kids will not believe exactly like you, and probably shouldn't if this nonsense is the kind of thing worrying you. They probably will not have a need to know how to write cursive, they won't be interested in everything you are. They will have to know computers. Which is not exactly that tough man ideal you want.

Hell 2.2% will be gay or bisexual. So you got a 1 in 50 basically right there. And its not your fault, or any of that nonsense. Nor is it something suddenly new, its been there pretty much all along.

If you are seriously concerned about things like this, remove environmental factors. Like pollution for example. Oh wait...thats the evil EPA. Sorry, bit of snark, but its sadly true. Theres genetic and environmental. But suggesting its political is nonsense.

But hey, if you are truly concerned, move to a non liberal area. And ignore any other concerns that causes you, because you think its about someones political views. Which is nonsense.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:29 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Bwahahaha. OMG. they got you already!

Im sorry, but this amuses me to no end. Its a VERY liberal viewpoint. GMO isnt the biggest issue, its far more about pesticides.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
What makes you a "masculine" man?
I exhibit masculine behaviors and engage in masculine activities on a regular basis. Do you seriously want a list?

Old 01-03-2017, 03:33 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,366 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to troll or be insulting, really. I'm just calling it as I see it from a general perspective.

Most conservative men I know look at liberal males and think the same thing. For a while there I couldn't tell liberal males from gay men. Then I realized the difference. Gay men are actually MORE masculine, generally speaking. Gay men tend to spend more time in the gym, and are a lot more alpha than liberal males in general.

It's very odd, because 20 or 30 years ago it was not this way.

As far as liberal women? Well, I'm only observing from a distance. I generally won't interact with them if I can avoid it. Because the masculine traits they seem to adopt are rather obnoxious, so I don't really engage them. I don't hire them, wouldn't work for them, and absolutely would avoid adding them to a team.

So the point is I understand why some people might gravitate toward the liberal ideology. I don't agree with it, however it makes sense. But where is the behavioral stuff coming from? Daddy spend too much time on the golf course? Feminist mommy emasculate your divorced daddy a little too much in front of you? What is it?

Again, I'm sorry if this insults you as a liberal but I can't help what I see. Help me understand why this odd role reversal is occurring. I realize some might not agree with my observations 100%, but I don't think anyone can seriously deny this is happening 100% either. Thoughts?
Without questioning your definition of liberal and conservative, myself coming from the world of sports I will tell you there are tons of left leaning athletes in college and pro sports. In fact I am pretty sure Hillary got more votes out of the NFL then did Trump, and what is more alpha then that? So from my observation politics and being a tough guy have no connection what so ever, and you and your friends need to get around a bit more.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Absolutely. DH and I are eating more grass fed meats and consume nothing but free range eggs. We belong to an organic food co-op as well. I once read the ingredients label on a can of Loma Linda Big Franks. Vegan, yes, but the chemicals and sodium in it would shock you. Just because it is "soy protein" does not make it healthy. I grow my own produce on a bit less than half an acre, and am iconstantly learning more organic farming methods, avoiding purchasing non-organic seeds and plants.

Sorry, off topic, but I do think GMO-affected soy should have more studies done on it. Another side effect to men is enlarged breasts, I read.
Our house is mostly gluten-free, completely soy-free, and I hope completely gmo-free. Yes, GMO's are not necessarily "safe". They haven't been around long enough to prove safety. Too many people judge safety based on immediate effects, without regard for long term damage that can be caused such as damaging genes, etc. I marvel at what some people dismiss as unnecessary caution.

Yes, that's our next home. We want to move somewhere that let's us grow our own produce and raise our own poultry. I think we've ingested enough arsenic from store-bought chicken to last us a lifetime. We will be getting into a co-op soon as well, now that we have 2 freezers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies