Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 08:14 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How many teenage girls parade around naked in the locker room?
Those who change into/out of swimsuits for mandatory swim class, and those who shower.

Quote:
Should lesbian girls not be allowed to use the girls locker room because they are attracted to other girls?
This isn't about attraction. It's about actual physical anatomy. The same as has always been true in facilities that distinguish by gender.

Quote:
It appears that showering after gym is not really popular any more.
Just because SOME people have poor hygiene habits doesn't mean that all do.

Quote:
No, a student would not be allowed to claim to be transgendered for a day just to get into the girls locker room.
Says who? What's the legal requirement for establishing one's gender status "of choice?" Go on... cite the actual legal requirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 08:16 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That doesn't make it valid to permit anatomical males into girls' open multiple occupancy school gym locker/shower rooms and vice versa.

Exactly. No problem in the classroom. But it IS a problem in open multiple occupancy school gym locker/shower rooms in which MINOR students are in various stages of undress including complete nudity.

77%
of those age 30+ (not coincidentally, those old enough to have school-age kids) agree. It should not be allowed.

I misspoke, I meant in the locker room, not the classroom.

See the link in my previous post. I suspect the number of high school students, male or female, who get completely nude in front of their peers is very small.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I misspoke, I meant in the locker room, not the classroom.

See the link in my previous post. I suspect the number of high school students, male or female, who get completely nude in front of their peers is very small.
You may suspect many people have poor hygiene habits. I don't. I was a high school athlete, as were my kids, as are my nieces and nephews. We all shower/showered in the open multiple occupancy school gym locker/shower room. This is especially true after mandatory swim class to wash the chlorine off of skin and hair.

Look, LGBT SJWs are pushing this way too far, and it's creating a backlash that they might not particularly welcome. Those who used to be sympathetic to the cause don't like having this forced on their minor children, grandchildren, nieces/nephews, etc., in school.

The LGBT SJWs have the choice of backing off on this, or losing support. Simple as that.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Default Should we really allow anyone who says they are transgender to be so just because?

Allow?

And how should we exactly stop people from saying what they want?

More Republican legislation of our sexual organs?

Old 01-08-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Those who change into/out of swimsuits for mandatory swim class, and those who shower.
If anyone does not want to be seen, change in the toilet cubicle. Few actually shower at school any more, even those on sports teams.

Quote:
This isn't about attraction. It's about actual physical anatomy. The same as has always been true in facilities that distinguish by gender.
You said, "Are they all straight? Or are some of them attracted to the gender with which they wish to mingle in the open multiple occupancy locker/changing/shower rooms?"

Should lesbian girls be barred from the girls locker room? they are attracted to the gender with which they mingle, are they not?

You just cannot accept that a transgender girl thinks like a girl, not a boy. Sexual orientation is different.

Quote:
Just because SOME people have poor hygiene habits doesn't mean that all do.
Not showering at school appears to be the norm these days.

Quote:
Says who? What's the legal requirement for establishing one's gender status "of choice?" Go on... cite the actual legal requirement.
Being transgender is not a choice. It has a biologic foundation. Because you choose not to believe that does not make it untrue. Can you find a case of a student pretending to be transgender in order to gain access to a girls locker room? Can you imagine the ragging he would get for trying? He might not like the response of the school authorities, either.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Allow?

And how should we exactly stop people from saying what they want?
Hmmm...

I "say" I'm poor. Can I stop paying taxes now and instead get thousands of dollars from the government in refundable tax credits, Medicaid, welfare, food stamps, a housing subsidy, etc., etc., etc.?

Who are you or anyone else to contradict how I "choose" to identify myself?

Old 01-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
If anyone does not want to be seen, change in the toilet cubicle.
Won't work. Large schools don't have hundreds of toilet cubicles in the gym locker/shower room. They don't have private showers, either. You simply cannot provide for hundreds of students at a time without having open multiple occupancy facilities.

The LGBT SJWs can either back off on this, or lose much of the public support they've gained over the years. Their choice.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:54 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
My question is why does anyone care that much to post something like this? Does this harm your or your family? Don't have enough to worry about or have no life at all?
It doesn't harm me at all, I think it is all funny because everybody should know if you have a penis you are male , if you have a vagina you are female, anything else is in your head, a mental confusion. people care because it does affect them, children sharing locker rooms and restrooms with perverts concerns people, women going to the gym having to share the locker room with men who claim they are women well yeah that should be a concern. The government changing laws to allow people with apparent mental health to become the norm and endangering the public.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
You may suspect many people have poor hygiene habits. I don't. I was a high school athlete, as were my kids, as are my nieces and nephews. We all shower/showered in the open multiple occupancy school gym locker/shower room. This is especially true after mandatory swim class to wash the chlorine off of skin and hair.

Look, LGBT SJWs are pushing this way too far, and it's creating a backlash that they might not particularly welcome. Those who used to be sympathetic to the cause don't like having this forced on their minor children, grandchildren, nieces/nephews, etc., in school.

The LGBT SJWs have the choice of backing off on this, or losing support. Simple as that.
You might want to read the link I posted.

High school boys (not transgender) mostly do not want to be nude in front of their peers. They do not want to use gang showers.

High school girls (not transgender) mostly do not want to be nude in front of their peers. They do not want to use gang showers.

The norm these days is to not shower at school.

The number of transgender high school students is small. Trans girls just want to be treated like girls. Their brains are of the female gender. They are not going to be exposing their genitalia, and they are not going to be seeing more of the skin of their classmates than they would at the beach.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
You might want to read the link I posted.
Why? We ALL know students change and/or shower in open multiple occupancy school gym locker/shower rooms.

Quote:
The number of transgender high school students is small.
Why impose on everyone else to humor the unsubstantiated self-proclaimed "identity" of such a very small minority?

And that brings me to the prior point I made... You never did answer the question... What's the legal requirement for establishing one's gender status "of choice?" Go on... cite the actual legal requirement.

If I "identify" as Queen Elizabeth, does that actually make me so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies