Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 06:12 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I will when you answer me about the number you threw out there.
So you can't tell me how many immigrants to this country would be too many.

I already explained that there are five billion people in the world who would be materially better off living here.

That is beyond question.

So this is a perfect example of trolling -- by you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry you missed this:
Where would those five billion people come from?

You keep asking that.

Other countries in the world.

Countries poorer than ours.

Wait, no, they would come from Mars.

Didn't you say something about not being a simpleton?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:16 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If there aren't enough jobs for Americans, then why would we add immigrants to the unemployment line?

You can't figure that one out?

Employers hire illegals because they can pay them less and put the savings in their own pocket.

If the illegals object, the employers can threaten to call the immigration authorities.

I'm blaming both.
I blame the companies themselves.

Quote:
Were those people taught in their native languages when they went to public school fifty years ago or one hundred years ago? No, they were not.

Even the Amish -- who live apart from the "English" but came here legally -- speak fluent English.

The immigrant groups who came before 1965 have assimilated. They came here legally.
I think we have a different definition of assimilation. Even their descendants still do things according to custom, use words of the language etc.

Quote:
Illegal immigrants come here illegally and they and their supporters wave Mexican flags when they protest.

They have the attitude of invaders (they even call it "reconquista"), not people who want to assimilate, obey our laws, and speak the language spoken by most Americans -- English.

They want us to change our laws to suit them.

That is not what immigrants in the nineteenth century expected.
All of the things you are saying were said about immigrants 100 years ago. Nothing new under the sun.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
So you can't tell me how many immigrants to this country would be too many.

I already explained that there are five billion people in the world who would be materially better off living here.

That is beyond question.

So this is a perfect example of trolling -- by you.
No because I need to first know where those five billion would be coming from. I'd need that information before I give you an educated response. By all means, keep calling me names instead of answering a simple question.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:18 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to be a smart ass because I really like you but I've gotta ask --- if you care so much about illegal immigration, why didn't you ask this contractor for his workers' papers? Bosses and companies already treat people as you describe but most Americans won't put up with it which is why they hire illegals.
I already had $7K out of pocket and the boss was not around when the crew showed up. You are in the position that it could look like you are prejudice against one nationality for asking for 'papers' (if it is even legal today to ask).

I also like and respect your opinion and if we all thought the same there would be no need for discussion. Of course that does not mean I think you are right on this issue. I also do not feel that our problems are totally on the back of liberals. Many conservative Republicans share your beliefs - they want their own Jaguar!

Old 01-14-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
I blame the companies themselves.
But not the illegals. Mmkay.

Most of us understand that it takes two to tango. Apparently you don't realize that.

Quote:
I think we have a different definition of assimilation. Even their descendants still do things according to custom, use words of the language etc.
If they speak English and obey our laws, then they are assimilated. That's my definition.

Quote:
All of the things you are saying were said about immigrants 100 years ago. Nothing new under the sun.
What people say matters less than what is true.

People saying false things about legal immigrants in the past doesn't automatically mean that people are saying false things about illegal immigrants in the present.

Logic -- make friends with it.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Where would those five billion people come from?

You keep asking that.

Other countries in the world.

Countries poorer than ours.

Wait, no, they would come from Mars.

Didn't you say something about not being a simpleton?
Please keep the insults rolling.

Since you refuse to answer your statement, I'll do it for you. Approximately 3 billion people live in poverty around the world. That leaves about 4 billion who do not. America is not the only country people could immigrate to in order to secure a better life for themselves. Lets not forget about Europe and South American countries.

So using all of that, I'd say we should cap the number of people living in this country at approximately 500,000,000.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:23 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Because by simply stating "Christians" you are lumping them all together and the fact is that there are more denominations that view such acts as sinful than there are that view them as you describe.
You're missing the point. It's not the sinfulness at question. It's the fact the members of the clergy, ministers, etc., cannot divulge admissions of guilt told to them in confidence. Therefore, they harbor criminals of every ilk... murderers, rapists, pedophiles, gun runners, those who commit domestic violence, child abuse, and yes... illegal aliens.

That's not loving thy neighbor. That's betraying thy neighbor by protecting their attacker.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
No because I need to first know where those five billion would be coming from. I'd need that information before I give you an educated response. By all means, keep calling me names instead of answering a simple question.
They would come from other countries in the world -- countries poorer than ours.

Are you going to answer the question now?

Are you going to tell me how many would be too many?

10 million? 100 million? A billion? 3 billion?

I'd really like to know.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:25 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
And there are thousands of them who provide sanctuary to Americans and non-Americans alike.
No problem. Raid them at random. Done. Deport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies