Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 06:25 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,352,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
But not the illegals. Mmkay.

Most of us understand that it takes two to tango. Apparently you don't realize that.

If they speak English and obey our laws, then they are assimilated. That's my definition.

What people say matters less than what is true.

People saying false things about legal immigrants in the past doesn't automatically mean that people are saying false things about illegal immigrants in the present.

Logic -- make friends with it.
I blame the companies because if they'd pay a fair wage to Americans, it would help several problems these companies have helped create.

By your definition, many first and second wave immigrants never assimilated so therefore your prior assertion is incorrect regarding the Magical Good Immigrant of yore.

What is false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No problem. Raid them at random. Done. Deport.
Have you thought of running for office or trying to secure a leadership position with ICE? You have all the answers.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:29 AM

89,247 posts, read 45,002,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What about during a normal walk down the street from church?
You realize that's the same way LEOs patrol for DUIs, no? They wait outside of bars and pull over those who are leaving near or at closing time. Why? Reasonable cause.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
You realize that's the same way LEOs patrol for DUIs, no? They wait outside of bars and pull over those who are leaving near or at closing time. Why? Reasonable cause.
I do realize that and I think its unconstitutional.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Seriously? You don't get the difference between someone who is here illegally and a pedophile? Really?
Both are federal offenses, and justice is blind. Now what?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,450,493 times
Quote:
Please keep the insults rolling.

Since you refuse to answer your statement, I'll do it for you. Approximately 3 billion people live in poverty around the world. That leaves about 4 billion who do not. America is not the only country people could immigrate to in order to secure a better life for themselves. Lets not forget about Europe and South American countries.

So using all of that, I'd say we should cap the number of people living in this country at approximately 500,000,000.
Finally! An actual number.

If you combine Europe and the U.S. with some Asian countries like Japan -- plus Canada, Australia and New Zealand -- you are only talking about 1.5 billion people or so who are relatively well off. The rest are poor by comparison, including the great majority of people in South America.

So at least 5 billion people would be better off if they lived here at our standard of living.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Both are federal offenses, and justice is blind. Now what?
Now what? Is this a street fight? LOLOL

Yes both are federal offenses. I guess things are easier when you look at issues in a juvenile, pedantic, black and white manner. I'd probably save myself a ton of stress if I adopted a lower level intellectual attitude toward the world.

Last edited by Magritte25; 01-14-2017 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: Changed bland to black since it was an obv typo that some people like to pick on

Old 01-14-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Finally! An actual number.

If you combine Europe and the U.S. with some Asian countries like Japan, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, you are only talking about 1.5 billion people or so who are relatively well off. The rest are poor by comparison, including the great majority of people in South America.

So at least 5 billion people would be better off if they lived here at our standard of living.
Our as in America and the other countries you've mentioned?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,450,493 times
Quote:
So using all of that, I'd say we should cap the number of people living in this country at approximately 500,000,000.
That's fine.

So what would you do once that limit was reached, but people still kept coming here illegally?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I have a friend who works at ICE and no, they don't go after illegal immigrants who aren't breaking the law as far as dealing drugs, assault, gang activity etc. They go after the ones you are talking about which I don't have a problem with. I do have a problem with hauling people in simply because they are "illegal."
Why? By law, they should be deported.

Hell, I have a problem with getting a speeding ticket or a ticket for a rolling stop at an intersection in which no other cars/pedestrians are present . Doesn't mean it shouldn't or won't happen if I speed or roll stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies