Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 07:12 AM

1,302 posts, read 684,306 times

Advertisements

I bet she voted for Trump.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:14 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I bet she voted for Trump.

not sure but I bet she listened to all the terrorist talk and was scared of her own shadow - sad really

Old 01-20-2017, 07:15 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Nope, you don't get to shoot people for throwing rocks. You, Jane Citizen are not judge, jury and executioner. This is why we have a court system.
Better study up on head injuries.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:21 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Well, there were three other ways for this to end.
Either the teens stopped throwing the rocks on their own.
Or the teens pass 18 and can face adult courts.
Or she ends up seriously injured (which generally means permanent injuries) and they finally face criminal detention.
Her solution that is most likely going to plant her ass in jail for 15 to life makes less sense than any of those.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:21 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
It is odd that you all are just willy nilly believing this woman. I saw other reports that one of the young men with the victim who was shot, stated that this woman had been harrassing them and had told police they were breaking into her home when they weren't. Also that she frequently called black people racial slurs in the neighborhood.

She also called the police earlier in the day to say if the black males came by her house she was going to shoot them and then later on they got a call about the shooting. This seems pre-meditated to me and she seems VERY unstable. No normal person would shoot at kids. IMO she is a "bad white" person. You "good whites" should try to control her and the rest of the "bad whites." Like she says about black people.

Deputy says woman who shot teen used racial slurs

Old 01-20-2017, 07:26 AM

477 posts, read 276,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Even if shooting was justified self-defense, you don't just start shooting in "their direction". That is highly dangerous and irresponsible.
So was throwing rocks at a woman who had the balls to fight back. Little thugs count on people being decent and meek so they can get away with their crimes. What do you people think this little gang in training would have graduated to? They're assaulting people and property on foot with rocks NOW, in a few years they would have gotten a car and illegal guns and doing drive by shootings.

Had they injured or killed this old woman with their rocks none of you crying over an injured thug would have given a s---. It would have been a one paragraph story on the news at best, and you'd ignore it, just another statistic.
You people seriously would have skewered Mother Teresa had she picked up a gun and killed Dylan Roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If you shoot at me with your BB guns, expect me to shoot back with a real gun. I could easily lose an eye if I were to be hit in the eye.
I agree. I'm not losing an eye in exchange for some punk to go to juvie for a few months at best. Don't want to be shot? Don't put yourself in that situation. The woman didn't go to THEIR residence, they targeted HERS.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:41 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Well, there were three other ways for this to end.
Either the teens stopped throwing the rocks on their own.
Or the teens pass 18 and can face adult courts.
Or she ends up seriously injured (which generally means permanent injuries) and they finally face criminal detention.
Or, as mentioned by others, she could have recorded the attacks and then had the kids jailed.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:46 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Well people are really quick to believe this lady.

1. Does she have evidence of the damage the kids previously caused? If they have been coming over for weeks or months she should be able to quantify the damage they caused.
2. Did she exhaust all the non-violent legal channels? How many police reports has she filed? Did she make insurance claims for the damages? Did she contact the kids schools? Find their parents? Exactly what had she done prior to pulling out her gun?
3. How often does she hang out on her property wit her gun? Daily? When black people walk by?

This story doesn't add up for me. I guess we will have to wait for the investigation.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:47 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
This is the cultural rot I was talking about. Long ago these kids should have been disciplined.

And that is the problem. No one has done a thing until now, and unfortunately it took an extreme measure to accomplish it. And in this case, it could probably and most likely turn the victim into a criminal.

There was a thread a while back of teacher that completely lost it on a few of the kids in her class, this is the same type of example. These kids, teens , young adults keep pushing and pushing since they've never been called out until they meet someone that has had enough.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:49 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Nope, you don't get to shoot people for throwing rocks. You, Jane Citizen are not judge, jury and executioner. This is why we have a court system.
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Rocks ARE deadly weapons when thrown and; "force continuum" comes into play here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies