Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 09:36 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,765,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Why do you think that is? Women have been discouraged from fighting throughout our history and even still are. Men are the ones who have not allowed women positions in these jobs and services. They are the ones who don't think women are capable. And maybe many aren't, but there are some who are and who would love to do it and would be great at it. There are ones who want the chance and would love to prove themselves.

You're arguing against yourself and you don't even know it. Men have fought because they are the ones who have decided that only men can fight.
Don't get so worked up, it's just a matter of upper body strength. Men have it and women don't. It's as simple as that.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The hypocrisy is mind-blowing

Where were their protest marches against Bill Clinton when he was raping, biting, sexually harassing, and taking advantage of women, and then calling them bimbos and trailer trash when they outted him????

Women have accused both of all sorts of things. Does not make them true or false.

Both are married to women who for their own reasons have chosen to overlook their spouses indiscretions.

Only one gave permission to a shock jock to refer to his daughter as a piece of ass(set) and then engage in a discussion of the size of her breasts. Only one is on record engaging in " dirty boy talk" about grabbing women by the ............

I voted for Trump which does not mean I drank the Kool- aid. Both of these men are pigs.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:38 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,782,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

That actually shows exactly why popular rating at the beginning is unimportant. W was more popular in the beginning but his actions caused his to go down when he left. Trump starts off with a low rating because many people are brainwashed by the liberal media into thinking he is bad but his actions will eventually change people's minds (bringing back jobs, securing border, helping inner cities, repairing infrastructure).
Can't speak for other people. But Trump ran as the person he's always been, and I've loathed that person for 30 years. The media's campaign coverage had nothing to do with my opinion of him, Trump is completely capable of speaking for himself, and I heard what he said the first time.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:40 AM

36,666 posts, read 67,609,529 times
The march seems to have a bigger crowd and is more inspiring than the fascist rally, I mean "inauguration" we had yesterday.

ijs

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times
[quote=antinimby;46905001]That's right and so far he isn't anything like the haters are portraying him to be. He has spoken of unity and being for all Americans. Nothing in any of his speeches has he said anything that excluded anybody.

Words are cheap, anyone can say anything they want and that does not make it real. Donald Trump has NOT unified anything in his life, and especially in this election. He is very good at one thing and that is knowing the exact words to say, and how to phrase them, to excite enough people to get their votes.

Especially in his speech yesterday, he had a golden opportunity to take the high road, heal a lot of election wounds , and start unifying America. But what did he do ? He condemned everything and everyone who came before him and laid down a bunch of insults that only were said to make him and his segment of voters feel good about themselves. It was not inclusive in any way, shape,or form.

You heard what you wanted to hear in his speech, but we heard a totally different tone and hidden agenda.

12,199 posts, read 7,241,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
But you and I were not running for President of the United States where the behavior expectation is much higher. A construction worker making comments is one thing, when the CEO of Holiday Inn is recorded saying the same thing that is a totally different situation. Radio personalities have been fired for saying things guys say in bars every day. And a man who is representing every one of us should have the highest standard of them all. When he says these things he is speaking for me as my leader and I'll be damned if I want my leader representing me this way.

All this is not that hard to understand.
It's you that is not understanding. You and liberals live in an ultra-PC world, where every word, must be absolutely, non-offensive and benign or else the person is a bigot, sexist, misogynist, fascist, racist, xenophobic, nazi, communist, etc.

What you fail to understand is not every one thinks or believes in being so ultra-PC. Just because we don't think like you don't make us all bigots, sexists, misogynists, fascists, racists, etc.

You people have gone over the top. People can't refer to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, etc. anymore or they are automatically labeled.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times
Women being seen. Women being heard.

Paris, France
Berlin, Germany
Sydney, Australia
Nairobi, Kenya

Our President is bringing people together all across the world.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Great post. I agree. All I can think is why waste your time with this? From a logical standpoint, it changes nothing whatsoever. People should stop being victims and do something with their lives if they don't like the way things are.
These women aren't "being victims."
They are doing something expressly because they don't like the way things are.
Exactly the same as MLK's March on Washington in the 1960s.

Change begins with people expressing their displeasure at the way things are.
This gathering is exactly what is needed to mobilize many at the local level.
If our representatives think that they can now run roughshod over the advances that have been made with regard to access to womens' health care, etc. they will be sorely surprised in 2018.

All one has to do is look at the difference in turn-out today vs. yesterday to see how the wind will be blowing.
Gerrymandered districts and an archaic electoral system does not a mandate make.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:47 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,241,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Can't speak for other people. But Trump ran as the person he's always been, and I've loathed that person for 30 years. The media's campaign coverage had nothing to do with my opinion of him, Trump is completely capable of speaking for himself, and I heard what he said the first time.
First, you refer to his popularity rating being low. Now you are talking about your opinion of him. You bring up one thing, then keep on changing the subject.

His popularity is based on polls of many people, not your opinion of him based on 30 years of loathing, unless you were one of the people being polled.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:47 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,602,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oh, good grief, Bill Clinton was more likely watching Donald Trump - his disapproving expression makes this far more likely. You cannot tell what he was watching from this video - Melania appears no where in it. The relevant part of the video is around twenty seconds long, and has no context whatsoever.

Good way to dredge up issues that are long dispensed with by using smear tactics and dubious accusations. Keep it classy, folks.

Tell me, has anyone heard of any validated accounts of Clinton straying since the Lewinski affair? It's said on good authority that he received intensive therapy and fully examined his dysfunctional childhood and resulting attitudes and behavior towards women, and having gained insight, realized his marriage was one of the most valuable things in his life, and changed his previous reprehensible womanizing ways.

As for the hats and their wearers, aren't they protesting Trump's misogyny and stereotyping of women as helpless sex objects for his selfish enjoyment, rather than protesting his election (questionable though it is...)?

I thought the hats were rather clever, actually...
More like he aged out and maybe no longer can enjoy the women after his health issues. Who cares about his cheating anyway? It never was a prerequisite of mine for a president to be faithful. Most of them probably aren't. It's just the kind of job that attracts people like that. JFK loved the ladies, and probably was exactly the sort of a-hole Trump is when it comes to women he wants to be with, but Trump has female executives. He has hired women in top spots that most other CEOs wouldn't think were qualified to do the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.