Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:07 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh no, just the opposite. It brings the strong together. I'm sorry you are so mad that a million protested against Trump. If you had been paying attention to the news you would know why they are protesting.

Yes I know why a million far left Hillary Clinton loving women privileged and pampered women protested. It's not hard to figure out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 10:08 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh no, just the opposite. It brings the strong together. I'm sorry you are so mad that a million protested against Trump. If you had been paying attention to the news you would know why they are protesting.
No strong people don't need to feel safe in numbers. That's what the weak do.
The strong simply vote.
Which strategy would you say is working out best?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:13 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Women have the same rights as men. It seems that is not enough as for some people

Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
What I don;t understand is why Women are in other Countries are M Arching. he not your President and if there anyone he not going to listen to is women from France and Australia.

Would be like Americans protesting over Scottish Independence Vote.
No, not really.

What happens in the US effects other countries greatly.

That's why they call the POTUS The Leader Of The Free World, and What's Their Name from Scotland not so much.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:43 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I respect that so many women and men were able to get together across the nation and world to protest President Trump today but here is a thought.

Trump is no politician as we have seen and heard throughout the campaign. He has said some wild off the hook whacky things over the past months and many have considered his tirades to be nothing but braggy and self indulgent and those are his supporters. The people who oppose him consider most of what spews from Trumps mouth as lies. Now he is certainly not a polished politician but he talks like one in that he has promised to do so many things that we all know simply cannot and will not happen.

Somewhere along the campaign road Trump must have said something that got many people excited that he was going to take away a womans rights. That is pretty serious stuff if true but since when has a politician, even an outsider playing a politician ever told the truth on the campaign trail?
Obama for example pledged to close Gitmo yet it is still open.

I wonder what all these women are hoping to achieve and why they have chosen to suddenly take Trump at his word when most will say if his mouth is open there are lies falling out ?
As someone who personally attended a very large sister march (Denver), I'm thinking you kind of missed the point. It's the closest I've ever been to a truly Kumbaya experience, trite as some may think that description. In a time of rampant divisiveness, I think most of the women and men who showed up were expressing a very human need for connection, fairness, and compassion, and they got it in spades. The mood was uplifting and celebratory, not angry in the slightest. There was a real sense of reaching out to those who have not gotten a fair shake in life and a commitment to change. I heard speaker after speaker call for those in attendance to ride the momentum to sustained involvement in whatever issue had brought them to the march. It was messy and organic and one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced. I came home walking on a cloud and feeling a renewed sense of purpose and direction. And I have Donald Trump to thank for inspiring so many people to show up. This morning was democracy in action, and it was a magnificent sight to behold. Be the change you want to see in the world. That was it in a nutshell for me.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Is every company like Enron? You're accusing every company of running a shell game. Are you Elizabeth Warren? She'll never be president one day because she's also playing this shell game of blaming every company. She's not gonna win influence that way.
Please tell me of a major corporation whose first priority isn't the shareholders.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:55 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Grabbing women without their permission is just locker room talk? That his fame allows him to do so? Being caught publicly cheating on his wife with his mistress on a family vacation? Bragging that STDs were his personal Vietnam? That it's very hard for a woman with a small chest to be a ten? There are plenty of videos listing an assortment of things Trump has said.
What about Bill Clinton's worse conduct regarding women?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:55 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
No strong people don't need to feel safe in numbers. That's what the weak do.
The strong simply vote.
Which strategy would you say is working out best?
I disagree but whatever. All I know is that a million in this country marched in unity. This has never happened. And others countries did as well. There was nothing weak about this at all. I know you are trying to downplay this. But it will be one for the history books and a tarnish on Trump.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:56 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I respect that so many women and men were able to get together across the nation and world to protest President Trump today but here is a thought.

Trump is no politician as we have seen and heard throughout the campaign. He has said some wild off the hook whacky things over the past months and many have considered his tirades to be nothing but braggy and self indulgent and those are his supporters. The people who oppose him consider most of what spews from Trumps mouth as lies. Now he is certainly not a polished politician but he talks like one in that he has promised to do so many things that we all know simply cannot and will not happen.

Somewhere along the campaign road Trump must have said something that got many people excited that he was going to take away a womans rights. That is pretty serious stuff if true but since when has a politician, even an outsider playing a politician ever told the truth on the campaign trail?
Obama for example pledged to close Gitmo yet it is still open.

I wonder what all these women are hoping to achieve and why they have chosen to suddenly take Trump at his word when most will say if his mouth is open there are lies falling out ?
I think you're talking over their head. You are much to logical and well versed.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The women who traveled across the country today to march care.
They have the money to travel across the country but cannot buy their own birth control pills? That's like the lady in N. C. who said she was traveling 4 hours to Raleigh to protest having to have a picture I. D. to vote but she couldn't go a mile to the DMV to purchase her state I. D. Card.

Last edited by NCN; 01-21-2017 at 11:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies