Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:59 PM

12,043 posts, read 8,429,550 times

Advertisements

I'm glad that my sisters are out there but I'm just wondering where they were during the last presidency when the news came out that female White House employees were being paid less than their male counterparts.

Sexual privilege is and has been rampant in both parties for as long as I've been alive. It's not a partisan issue. Where was the marching while Bill was taking advantage of his intern? While Hillary's assistant's husband was waving his floppy parts all over the US?

As far as how women are treated socially I've been appalled for years by the sexual liberties the new wave of feminists allow all sorts of men with their bodies.

Any grown up woman who hasn't learned how to handle sexual harassment on her own by the time she's big enough to travel to Washington is never going to be happy as long as men still coexist with us.

They've spoken once again. And that part of the message, unfortunately, needs to be repeated ad infinitum
but I would feel more of a sense of unity with our new feminists if they didn't make it a partisan issue. That, by itself, is divisive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 11:01 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Woman here and I would not be caught dead at one of these "I'm pissed Trump won" rallies. Men cannot even be men any longer. Thank God I have a real man who is respectful of women and we are equals in our marriage with respect for each other. My sons have been raised the same - so their wives will appreciate it when that time comes.

All these skinny jean metrosexual "men" have me scared for our future. You women who are railing on everything don't even know what you want.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:03 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I disagree but whatever. All I know is that a million in this country marched in unity. This has never happened. And others countries did as well. There was nothing weak about this at all. I know you are trying to downplay this. But it will be one for the history books and a tarnish on Trump.
Or maybe a tarnish on women who look like hypocrites. Trump is not doing this; the women are. And they wouldn't let the pro life women join them. It is really about having the right to murder babies if I had my guess.

If we can get a constitutional supreme court justice that will be dead in the water. Our constitution allows the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It is not your body, that is a baby you want to murder. That baby should have the same rights any other American does, according to our constitution.

Last edited by NCN; 01-21-2017 at 11:15 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 11:03 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I'm glad that my sisters are out there but I'm just wondering where they were during the last presidency when the news came out that female White House employees were being paid less than their male counterparts.

Sexual privilege is and has been rampant in both parties for as long as I've been alive. It's not a partisan issue. Where was the marching while Bill was taking advantage of his intern? While Hillary's assistant's husband was waving his floppy parts all over the US?

As far as how women are treated socially I've been appalled for years by the sexual liberties the new wave of feminists allow all sorts of men with their bodies.

Any grown up woman who hasn't learned how to handle sexual harassment on her own by the time she's big enough to travel to Washington is never going to be happy as long as men still coexist with us.

They've spoken once again. And that part of the message, unfortunately, needs to be repeated ad infinitum
but I would feel more of a sense of unity with our new feminists if they didn't make it a partisan issue. That, by itself, is divisive.
Why do we have to learn how to handle sexual harassment. How about men learning to behave themselves and not treat women as objects for their pleasure.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:05 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
I think the Trumpets are getting nervous, after all it is clear that the majority of the country does not approve of him. The election showed that, the polls show it now, the inauguration showed it, and now today's march shows it.

Trump doesn't care about any of that and as many posters have pointed out, tough luck, he is the president now. But who is paying attention is all the congressmen whose seats are coming up in 2018. They are going to be very nervous; they see that they need to distance themselves from Trump or suffer the wrath of their constituents.

These demonstrations are very effective in that Trump is not going to get a free ride on anything. And this is just a warm up for 2020.

The power of the people trumps the power of a megalomaniac. Yeah baby!

Old 01-21-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Or maybe a tarnish on women who look like hypocrites. Trump is not doing this; the women are. And they wouldn't let the pro life women join them. It is really about having the right to murder babies if I had my guess.
Actually, there were a lot of pro life women there. And maybe you should stop guessing and look up what this march was about.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:12 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I think the Trumpets are getting nervous, after all it is clear that the majority of the country does not approve of him. The election showed that, the polls show it now, the inauguration showed it, and now today's march shows it.

Trump doesn't care about any of that and as many posters have pointed out, tough luck, he is the president now. But who is paying attention is all the congressmen whose seats are coming up in 2018. They are going to be very nervous; they see that they need to distance themselves from Trump or suffer the wrath of their constituents.

These demonstrations are very effective in that Trump is not going to get a free ride on anything. And this is just a warm up for 2020.

The power of the people trumps the power of a megalomaniac. Yeah baby!

Ha ha ha no.

There is no doubt pretty much every single person protesting are far leftists that supported Hillary Clinton and would never have supported Trump or any Republican for that matter. They are partisan radical Democrats

Now they are mad their queen lost and are throwing temper tantrums

The fact they are being led by liberal celebrities and apparently funded by Soros says it all

Are you telling me these protesters are independent and moderate voters? LMFAO

So far it looks like Democrats are lost. Have no clue how to rebuild. And are in for some more losses in 2018

10 seats Dems are defending are in states Trump wom

Old 01-21-2017, 11:17 PM

421 posts, read 205,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel52 View Post
Let me help you almost have the same rights as men
No, they have the same rights (right to free speech, right to vote, right to own property, due process, etc etc)

It could actually be argued that American women have even *more* rights than men in many areas , for example look at divorce cases where 90% of the time the woman automatically gets custody of the kid(s) and the majority of the money/property and the guy walks away with nothing.

Also, I don't think I've ever heard of a single instance of a woman paying a man "child-support". It might happen once in a blue moon, but the anti-male bias of the courts makes it an extremely rare occurrence.

Female teachers that sleep with underage male students typically get probation or a slap on the wrist of a couple months, but the opposite (male teacher sleeping with a female student) would probably get 25-to-life.

Female recruits to the armed forces are held to a lower standard than male recruits. Women are also not subject to the draft if I recall correctly.

And those are just a few examples , American women are rather pampered and catered-to compared to their less-fortunate sisters in other countries, that's not really up for debate

And no, some guy saying the P-word over 10 years ago on some tape somewhere is not a "national emergency" or "the end of the world!"

Old 01-21-2017, 11:20 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually, there were a lot of pro life women there. And maybe you should stop guessing and look up what this march was about.
The post I saw on Facebook said they were there but were not allowed to join the protestors in D. C. I have no interest in what they are marching about because as a free American I have all the rights I need.

I saw many lies told as to why they were marching. One woman took it upon herself to say that all women were marching because a woman did not become the president. I find this whole hypocrisy disgusting. They're just a bunch of unhappy troublemakers.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Ha ha ha no.

There is no doubt pretty much every single person protesting are far leftists that supported Hillary Clinton and would never have supported Trump or any Republican for that matter. They are partisan radical Democrats

Now they are mad their queen lost and are throwing temper tantrums

The fact they are being led by liberal celebrities and apparently funded by Soros says it all

Are you telling me these protesters are independent and moderate voters? LMFAO

So far it looks like Democrats are lost. Have no clue how to rebuild. And are in for some more losses in 2018
You couldn't be more wrong. This has nothing to do with Hillary. This has to do with Trump's rhetoric and policies. We have a narcissist in office now, something we have never dealt with before. So far we have only seen Trump lashing out because his feelings got hurt. Everyone is wrong and he is right. He won't talk to the media because he says they lie. But if he gave press conferences, it would be live and no one could lie. But he doesn't want to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies