Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 04:46 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Too late, the ideal/key time for that was on election day when the vast majority of woman in this nation voted for trump. But more power to you to try whatever you/others are trying to do after the horse is out of the barn as judging by the signs, yelling, violence and profanity, I still have no idea what many of those "protestors" want.
The vast majority? Maybe you don't understand numbers.

The vast majority of voters in the country voted liberal, regardless of gender. Clinton won the popular vote, with both men and women. Now your statement is true if you limit it to white women. I guess the other women don't count to you.

Additionally, maybe you are also unaware of how government works, but by showing out in the millions we are sending a message to the congress who has to approve this bill before the president can sign it. That was part of our message as well, midterm elections are around the corner.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:48 PM

12 posts, read 12,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
So have you ever worked on a Sunday? I think that one means stoning to death. How about ever talked back to your parents? Or eaten a shrimp? Those are punishable by death according to scripture.
The wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23. Yes, that is very true. But that's not the issue here. If you are in favor of LGBT lifestyles or abortion, then you are not a follower of Jesus Christ. One can always repent for any past sin, trust Jesus Christ as their Savior, then turn from the sin. But in order to do that with LGBT or abortion (two examples of many), that means ceasing to be in favor of such things.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:50 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
If that's the major thing you got out of the march yesterday, you aren't very perceptive. Do keep in mind that 500,000 people marching in Washington, D.C. is likely to result in some littering. That's about the population of the whole state of Wyoming.
Pack it in, pack it out. No excuse for being slobs. I'm personally for the rights of the unborn. Planned Parenthood Miami. Abortions R Us more like it.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:50 PM

1,092 posts, read 833,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Granted Trump was crude in what he said. No doubt about that.

However Bill Clinton's oral attention in the Oval Office was not a class situation either.

Crude statements from men are really not that rare and from what I have heard the ladies can come up with some too.

Remember Clinton actually did something and then denied it.
Nor do I recall ANY protestors post-cigar.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:51 PM

12 posts, read 12,026 times
Quote:
The vast majority of voters in the country voted liberal, regardless of gender. Clinton won the popular vote, with both men and women. Now your statement is true if you limit it to white women. I guess the other women don't count to you.
Hillary only won the popular vote on paper. Take away all the millions of illegals that voted, who should never have been able to register to vote in the first place. Also, the voter fraud that occurred in many precincts, especially in large cities. Hillary received many more votes than people registered to vote, so there were votes for her being counted multiple times. Take ALL those illegal votes away, then Trump has won the popular vote by a landslide.

By the way, I am a white woman, and I voted for Trump.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn05 View Post
The wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23. Yes, that is very true. But that's not the issue here. If you are in favor of LGBT lifestyles or abortion, then you are not a follower of Jesus Christ. One can always repent for any past sin, trust Jesus Christ as their Savior, then turn from the sin. But in order to do that with LGBT or abortion (two examples of many), that means ceasing to be in favor of such things.
Why should those who do not believe in your god be forced to live by what it supposedly thinks?

This country is not a theocracy.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:59 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,927,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I don't get it. What rights are threatened?
None. The media hates Trump because he's calling their BS and they make up stuff to get back at him. Lots of people buy into the hype, because if the media says it (and shows video too!) then of course it's true!

One right I wish he'd take away (but I'm sure he won't) is the ability for women to be in a combat role in the military. Great waste of money on our part for "equal" rights. One thing that will be equal if we keep going this route is that we'll all equally become citizens of a third world country (or at least not a great power anymore).

Old 01-22-2017, 05:00 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
The vast majority? Maybe you don't understand numbers.

Additionally, maybe you are also unaware of how government works, but by showing out in the millions we are sending a message to the congress who has to approve this bill before the president can sign it. That was part of our message as well, midterm elections are around the corner.
What "counts" to me, and should to you, is our system of gov is based on the electoral college on who wins or loses elections. If it was majority rules the candidates would have taken a different approach on reaching out/campaign. One can accept this reality/fact as an adult or continue to pout about it.

Best of luck on your protest/march and for whatever it was about. It of course is your right to do so as long as it's legal, not violent/laws are broken, and doesn't infringe on the rights of others which wasn't the case in more than a few cases in this latest display. Perhaps you can make your fellow protestors who are "unaware of how government works" and about our rule of law and teach them honey works better than vinegar to persuade others. And that profanity laced signs, language that would make a sailor blush, and more than a few cases of violence doesn't do much to persuade, win friends, and influence.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:02 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Bill?

Can't make this stuff up people.

I don't think I/others should be funding others health costs no matter what it's for. Me want?.....me pay.
Many of the services, but not abortion, are available through county health departments on a sliding fee scale. The Planned Parenthood thing is ALL about abortion.

Quote:
Just this week the GOP introduced a bill that will state life begins at fertilization. Passage of that bill wouldn't just end abortion, it ends use of most hormonal contraceptives like the pill, whose secondary action is to prevent implantation of a fertilized embryo. Many married people also utilize other implantation preventions like the IUD.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/586?r=13

So the right that is being threatened isn't just access to abortions but our entire ability to control our reproductive lives.
It only has to do with abortion, an after the fact. Liberal media is painting a false picture trying to get their followers panties in a wad - hey, that might prevent pregnancy if they can't get all up in that!

Quote:
Did we have a vote where we decided that you speak for all women? I must have missed it.

Many women are upset about the character of the current President. You must have missed that.
And many more voted for Trump like I did. Many women aren't focused on abortion and it being "time" for a woman POTUS but on our nation as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I have no clue what they were marching about. Have seen photos of their trash, posters, coffee cups, food wrappers all over the place for the sanitation depts to clean up, more than likely on overtime too. Disgusting
I was embarrassed for them, since they didn't have the decency to be embarrassed for themselves.

Quote:
Agree, such procedures/contraceptives are relatively low/low costs and those with means should pay for them. Those without the means, ie $, we have already programs in place for that, ie medicaid, Affordable health care flavor of medicaid in many states, etc. so given this information, planned parent hood funding is redundant in my view on many levels. If they want to exist? More power to them, no one is shutting them down.....but they should fund themselves.
They are county clinics that operate on a sliding scale and Medicaid provides birth control and in our state, sterilization is covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
Just like the churches that want to prevent reproductive rights.
If you belong to a church that does that, go somewhere else. I know of no church that is trying to prevent birth control being used where the members disagree. Obviously, since abortion is murder, no church following the Bible would endorse it.

Quote:
What about the fact that just this week a bill was introduced to make it law that life begins at fertilization. Not only does that make abortion illegal, it also makes most birth control illegal. Then no one can pay for birth control since it would be illegal.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/586?r=13
I would think most people understand that this is not what it is saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Why just those two? Gluttony calls for a knife to the throat. That would cut our population dramatically.

And the only thing the Bible says about abortion is a procedure on how to have it done at the temple.
Link? Abortion? "Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20:13 "You shall not murder. You would think this would have nothing to do with religion in the first place. This puts us on the path of lower forms of animals that eat their young. A baby isn't a "woman's health issue".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Great point. These people would stone a woman to death in the public square for kissing a man who isn't her husband. But Trump's locker room banter(from 11 years ago) is a threat to women's rights...
The only time we'll see stoning here is if Islam becomes the law of the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Men, especially married men and those in LTR's, are going to have a rude awakening if this comes to pass.

No more sex without a condom EVER.....and inevitably, since you are taking away the most effective forms of BC, more unplanned pregnancies and more mouths to feed.

What? You and the wife only planned on having two kids? Well, guess what? The "mistakes" may very well mean you end up with 4 or 5.....whether you can afford them or not. Just going to have to get a second job or lower your standard of living to put food on the table.

What? You were planning on waiting to have a child until after you finished school/had a down payment for a house/got a better paying job? Well, SURPRISE.....the condom failed.....so much for your plans.

Why are men so short sighted when it comes to this kind of legislation? Why can't they see what it will do to THEIR lives?

Why can't they see that BC isn't just a women's issue?
Seriously, you actually believe what you have written. As a female, I cannot believe that a woman can order the death of her unborn child. Possibly, the abortion pill would fall under a ban.

My parents used primitive methods of birth control as did others that lived during that time. Condoms. With these, they managed to limit their family to two children over a period of 30 years without a "mistake".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Another protest based on a lie. This time it's that Donald Trump is supposedly against women.
All they have is lies, and there is no way to actually get those highly educated minds to hear the truth. They simply continue to chant from their liberal media source.

Quote:
So have you ever worked on a Sunday? I think that one means stoning to death. How about ever talked back to your parents? Or eaten a shrimp? Those are punishable by death according to scripture.
Links?

Quote:
Medicaid. Plus Medicaid affordable health care act flavors that exist in many states.

Where were the marchers/protestors on the topic that Camaro69 two posts up mentions plus other woman that came forward in the court of law? Actions speak louder than words, right? It all rings hollow/hypocritical, selective outrage.
Just something to get their panties in a wad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
And you seriously think that Congress is going to outlaw birth control? Really? You actually believe that? We have no indication that Congress would actually approve such a bill or that Trump would sign off on it. This is the most alarmist reaction to a new administration that I've ever seen.

In many ways, it is strictly a women's issue, as men have virtually no reproductive rights as it is. What men want means nothing; they are totally bound by the will of their wife, girlfriend, fling, whoever. If you care about such rights, would you support men having some right to decide whether their child gets aborted or not? I seriously doubt it.
Apparently, this is the latest thing causing a "fever" among women anxious to attack Trump and his administration. As a woman, allowing the man to make a decision that the baby should be aborted, ah, no. The woman, ah, no. The right to life of the baby comes into play. The man and woman made their choice when they decided to have unprotected sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
There are still many places where women have no control over their bodies, like in Muslim an african countries. At least here, someone does.
And, if we aren't careful and the rise of Islam continues, that will be our fate too. If women think they losing rights now, they haven't seen anything yet. Religion and government are one under Islam.

What rights are women losing? None. Many women are embarrassed by these crybabies who look for anything to whine about. They are the ones that are going to set women back.

These are only a few, very "unique" women that most likely have no life and are generally angry and unhappy. These are mostly your men haters, or so it seems when they shout and sluggishly move around.

Let's not let these bad apples spoil the whole bunch. The majority of women stepped up and looked at what was in the best interest of ALL people in the US and voted for Trump. All the whiners left were single issue voters, only "me" matters types.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:11 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,829 times
I agree. Do not see any rights women are losing. This is just ridiculous. Btw, there were several past Presidents who were "womanizers", JFK and Clinton, just to name a few. And about 30 years apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies