Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 10:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The people who marched do think for themselves.
Let's test you and see if you can think for yourself.

Read the Big Pimpin lyrics by Jay Z and tell us which is worse and which would reach more young men.

Let's see if you can override what the DNC has instructed you to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 10:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Respect women?

Why aren't they protesting the musicians who are sending a message to millions of young men that women shouldn't get respect but are b**chs who should be f**kee?

Hillary is up on stage with Jay Z who sings extremely misogynistic songs. Why is that ok? Why aren't they protesting the real preachers of disrespect?

Oh, that's right, most of them aren't Republicans.
Because those musicians don't play a role in crafting government policy.

President Trump does. And his words during the campaign don't reflect a man who understands the challenges women face.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Let's test you and see if you can think for yourself.

Read the Big Pimpin lyrics by Jay Z and tell us which is worse and which would reach more young men.

Let's see if you can override what the DNC has instructed you to believe.
You're going to test me. Arrogant, much?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:

President Trump does. And his words during the campaign don't reflect a man who understands the challenges women face.
I'm unclear how the poster felt these two things were equal.

A musician does NOT = governing.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:

So, you believe Trump is going to pass an "its legal to grab p***y" law while millions of young men are going to listen to Jay Z and think "oh, that's just wrong".

If you can't figure out which sends the greater message and impacts more people, I might as well be trying to convince you the moon isn't made of cheese, because you refuse to use logic.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
So, you believe Trump is going to pass an "its legal to grab p***y" law .
lol haha

Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
So, you believe Trump is going to pass an "its legal to grab p***y" law while millions of young men are going to listen to Jay Z and think "oh, that's just wrong".

If you can't figure out which sends the greater message and impacts more people, I might as well be trying to convince you the moon isn't made of cheese, because you refuse to use logic.
It is your logic that is faulty.

While you may be a big fan of JayZ, the fact is that many people couldn't even tell you who he is. But very few Americans are unaware of who their President is today. Greater message?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:25 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
After one day in the White House, Trump is responsible for more fat women getting exercise than Obama in the past 8 years.
Good grief.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
You're going to test me. Arrogant, much?
I knew you'd be too afraid to answer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm unclear how the poster felt these two things were equal.

A musician does NOT = governing.
How many laws did Bill Clinton pass making so there was no recourse for sexual harassment? Why didn't he run out and push such laws? If you believe Trump is going to pass misogynistic laws because he was talking dirty about a groupie, why doesn't that apply to Bill who was essentially a sexual predator who paid nearly a million dollars because he perved out when he sexually harassed a state employee?

I guess it's the same logic you use to believe lyrics don't impact young men who idolize those who sing those lyrics.

Have you always been at war with logic?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
I knew you'd be too afraid to answer that.

How many laws did Bill Clinton pass making so there was no recourse for sexual harassment? Why didn't he run out and push such laws? If you believe Trump is going to pass misogynistic laws because he was talking dirty about a groupie, why doesn't that apply to Bill who was essentially a sexual predator who paid nearly a million dollars because he perved out when he sexually harassed a state employee?

I guess it's the same logic you use to believe lyrics don't impact young men who idolize those who sing those lyrics.

Have you always been at war with logic?
I don't know. You tell me ~ how many?

BTW - I didn't vote for Bill Clinton so . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies