Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you on Mexico's side or America's side??
Mexico 36 17.56%
America 169 82.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 08:54 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The fact that your source called illegal aliens "undocumented" loses a lot of credibility with me. Even losing 1 million illegal aliens is a drop in the bucket compared to the 11 or more million still here. Since your source's claims we now have many Central Americans coming here.

All those blue-collared jobs were already being done for a fair wage by Americans until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border over the past couple of decades or so. That's what you are missing here. Construction jobs for example were done by Americans and yes at a liveable wage without food stamps, etc. No one has the right to survive by breaking laws and taking what doesn't belong to them. It's not a matter of survival for most of them anyway. It's just that they can make more money here. Not falling for the starving Mexican BS.
This cowgirl from Kentucky has been riding the US job roller-coaster for probably more years than you've been alive. Landscape jobs paid peanuts in 1973 and they pay even less now. I had to get a crappy low paid job of my own just so we could scrape by on that and my hubby's landscaping job pay. Construction is a whole different thing - at least around here. A good carpenter or contractor can make a pretty decent wage in my part of the world. Colorado is booming and they can't build Denver's new suburbs fast enough. Get the hell out of your rust belt town and go somewhere that offers sweeter fare than your bitter whine.

Quote:
Jobs have disappeared for American blue-collared workers via illegal immigration and outsourcing. Since so many manufacturing jobs have disappeared through outsourcing all the more reason to retain what jobs there are for Americans not illegal aliens.
All the more reason for the American people to hold Congress and the Giant Corporations accountable for their shady, wink-wink, nod-nod backroom mega-buck deals which rob the American worker of decent jobs at decent pay. But if you're really that desperate, DM me and I'll have a word with the ranch foreman and see if he can't give you that minimum wage center pivot irrigation job I mentioned in my previous post. Show up here in SW Colorado no later than mid-April and knock yourself out. If you're lucky and the water keeps flowing, you might be able to make 8 bucks an hour until around October sometime. After that you'll be on your own, and I suspect you won't have made many friends to turn to. But knock yourself out. BTW, Ritchie don't like boys with an attitude, so I'd tone it down when you're around him. Another great American job for another great American. Go for it, buddy.

Quote:
Wrong again. My source says that only 2% of illegals are picking crops. Besides, there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers so you were saying? Most crop pickers are here legally on those visas. So no, we aren't going to starve without illegal aliens picking crops. When there was a work place raid on a meat processing plant Americans lined up around the corner for those jobs.
YOUR source? What damn source? The dog? The ISIS recruitment web page? I don't play games with people who can't even name a source and give a link to it. MY source says I'm the Queen of the Nile, and don't you forget it, pal. It's been real, but I'm getting bored with all this fake information - yours included.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-28-2017 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Do Americans visit and live in Mexico legally? Most likely, yes.

Are there hundreds of thousands in the United States illegally? Yes.
Why most likely yes? Because we Americans don't break the law and do no wrong? Not true.

American 'illegals' in Mexico - BBC News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cdd242531f1f

Old 01-27-2017, 09:31 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The radicals are taught to hate America. They are not loyal to America and put the world first. This is what Globalists do. This was the transformation that Radical leftist Obama taught the democrats for 8 years and it stuck. Many became globalists.
You blame politicians when you really should be blaming corporations. Corporations got greedy and wanted more profit margins, so they moved production overseas.

Also, blame technology as well. Before the internet and live television, it was difficult to keep up with news in other countries, so people kept to themselves. In today's world with social media, it's easy to keep up with what's going on in the world.

Lastly, blame inexpensive air travel. Decades ago, you needed to be rich to travel abroad. Nowadays, just about anyone can travel abroad.

There are radicals everywhere. Instead of worrying about Islamic radicals, why not get rid of American radicals first? They pose more of a threat to our safety than some bozo in the Middle East.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:33 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I am definitely on America's side.

ditto

Old 01-27-2017, 09:34 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
America First, screw Mexico! They are the reason why we have to hire 5K BP Officers and finish the wall.

Trump said it best"

The Cartels and the Mexican Gov are together to undermine the US!

Mexico Seems To Favor Sinaloa Cartel In Drug War : NPR

www.npr.org/2010/05/19/.../mexico-seems-to-favor-sinaloa-cartel-in-drug-war
  1. Cached
  2. Similar

May 19, 2010 - Fighting among the drug cartels — and between government forces and ... of collusion between elements of the Mexican army and the Sinaloa ...

Old 01-27-2017, 09:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ummm....where did I mention a raise in food prices?

Here's the truth....immigrants have always done the menial labor jobs in the U.S. Today, Mexicans are more than willing to go into American fields, when it's 110 degrees, to pick our produce. They are willing to work in slaughter houses to kill the animals Americans eat. They are willing to clean the toilets of Americans who don't want to do it themselves.

But, if you want all-American-citizen labor.....you can go to Yuma and pick lettuce! The time you spend on the internet complaining about undocumented workers will drop drastically...but the good news is you can make 8 bucks an hour and work on your tan.
Do you have something against especially lower educated and or "minority" Americans at making proper wages? I do have a problem with that, big time.

I clean my own toilet, I do my own yardwork and so on. Do you or, do you like your "slave labor"?

So wages need to go up, deal with it.

Too; minimum wage here in Arizona's already 10 dollars an hour, not 8.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Guess who helped Poland rebuild? The allies. They didn't completely abandon Poland and say "have fun". Also, remember that Poland had infrastructure before the war.

Most poor countries with corruption were used and abused as colonies for natural resources, then left abandoned without much infrastructure.

Imagine this: You are born in El Salvador to parents who make $3/week. There are no schools in your town. Your home is a small hut with a leaky roof. Your government is run by corrupt politicians and the drug cartel controls the police.

You can't pull yourself up by your bootstraps if you're on a flip-flop budget.

This thing happens in the US as well. What happens if you are born in rural West Virginia where schools are awful, and the only jobs are mining coal?
I think the Marshal Plan stopped at the old west Germany. Poland got screwed over by Russia and, that's NOT counting that country getting almost 1 quarter of its people murdered during WW 2 by Stalin and the nazis. Warsaw was leveled, too.

El Salvador: I don't care since their citizens have to sneak through Mexico to get here. NO "Hispanic" country has its act together except maybe Chile or Costa Rica.

West Virginia: a LOT of its best people left the coal country and, their kind really cut down the baby making about 50 years ago.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:51 PM

636 posts, read 392,749 times
Quote:
Mexico or America: which side are you on??
Other

Old 01-27-2017, 09:56 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
I am definitely on America's side.
Choice Number 3. I'm on my side, thank you. Not carrying water for anybody.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
We have actually never been friends with them.
It could be argued that the Mexican-American War never really ended.
We did mess up in only taking half of Mexico, the US should've taken ALL of it in 1848 tho there was some real worries about slavery being allowed down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies