Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 11:56 AM

778 posts, read 339,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Plenty of good people were raised by parents making minimun wage. Why do you liberals think that only rich people can have good lives?
Yeah, I really don't understand that thought process either. Apparently, all those children who were FORCED on their parents during the depression are all wishing they had been aborted instead of forced to grow up poor.

Sadly there has not been a single successful person born in America to anyone other than those earning at least triple the minimum wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:57 AM

3,859 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
They want planned parenthood (birth control to low income) to stop being funded, and the same group, are the first to tell a single mom that should not have had kids, she could not afford.

Life does not work that way. You can't take away someone's ability to prevent an issue, but then blame them when they have an issue.
You're speaking as if abortion is the only way to prevent pregnancy. No, *that is what contraceptives are for* and no one is taking away women's rights to contraceptives.

Abortion is not contraception.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:57 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,665,943 times
people need to be responsible if you don't want children or can't afford them then don't have children. Condoms and the pill are very effective. I never wanted children so I always use protection. In 28+ years of being sexually active with thousands of encounters I have managed to never get anyone pregnant. Why should i pay for other peoples children because they choose poorly.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Apparently that is fake news. It works in monasteries.

Ask Bristol Palin--national spokesperson for abstinence and two-time unwed mother.
So you do not believe that abstinence prevents pregnancy? Or you believe that since Bristol Palin is a hypocrite, that the message of abstinence is fake?

4,865 posts, read 4,183,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Yeah, I really don't understand that thought process either. Apparently, all those children who were FORCED on their parents during the depression are all wishing they had been aborted instead of forced to grow up poor.

Sadly there has not been a single successful person born in America to anyone other than those earning at least triple the minimum wage.
Like finding the obviously wrong answer on a test, the quickest way to lose an argument is to speak in absolutes.

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
people do succumb to sex unproductive and ill advised. the reason we have birth control and abortion.

I disagree with you as do millions of others, sex is an amusement parlor. many people have it that never want to reproduce.

I understand the point you are tying to make. However I just do not accept the basic premise that the conscious mind is all there is. They do want to produce. Otherwise they would not be having sex. Eating is not an amusement parlour either. They are competing organ systems. If the sexual organs and primitive brain functions win , they have sex. Even if not the case it can only go on so long.

My point is that by all means enjoy sex if you can. However do not be deceived that it is pure entertainment. It is a drive of the species trying to maintain itself. Understand this. I am not trying to be a prude. I am however suggesting its your problem and not mine.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:00 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
So you belief that a life is worthless based on the minimum wage scale?

That is where we differ, I believe that every life has potential and nothing guarantees happiness or success regardless of the income of the life you are born into.

There is proof that, at least in the US, you can be born into the poorest of families and become the president of the US (Bill Clinton) or you can be born into the wealthiest of families and end up penniless.

The potential that is destroyed has nothing to do with the income of the parents!
Maybe I've been reading too many existentialist works, but what's so great about a zygote/fetus? There are seven billion people on Earth, so it's not like that aborted fetus is anything special. As soon as the fetus is aborted, at least 5 other babies are born.

Due to cost of living increases and inflation, it's become harder and harder to raise children at lower income points. What happens when you literally cannot even afford an apartment for yourself? Do you think that child will be well taken care of? The parents obviously need to work to pay the bills, so who takes care of the baby? Parents with more money will ensure their children have new clothes, attend the best schools, have regular doctor visits, etc. Poor parents will have to skimp on many of these items.

Sure, there are always outliers on both sides, but statistics don't lie. Children who were raised in poverty are more likely to end up following in the footsteps of their parents.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They never sold baby parts. The government has confirmed no laws were broken. Fetal material was voluntarily donated by the woman having the abortion. PP charged to obtain and transfer the material to the labs that use it.

It is no different from donating blood. I voluntarily do it, the Red Cross charges hospitals for the blood in order to cover the overhead of collecting it, testing it, and storing it until it is transferred to the place that will use it.
This response is nothing more than putting your fingers in your ears and singing la-la-la-la-la loudly so you can ignore reality.

THESE are not figments of anyone's imagination: http://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites...%20-%20FTR.pdf

https://energycommerce.house.gov/sit...nal_Report.pdf

Feel free to ignore them, but that doesn't change reality.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Please explain the logic. You have a group of individuals that want abortion to be illegal. They want planned parenthood (birth control to low income) to stop being funded, and the same group, are the first to tell a single mom that should not have had kids, she could not afford.

Life does not work that way. You can't take away someone's ability to prevent an issue, but then blame them when they have an issue.

Seriously, someone please explain the thought process because it really makes no sense.
It's important to understand that's how their religious faith works, in large part by trying to force it on others but not necessarily on themselves. So when a woman who has been demonstrating outside an abortion clinic becomes pregnant, she may go sneak away and get an abortion, sometimes she may even choose the very same abortion clinic she was demonstrating in front of.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
How do you prevent them from doing so? And is life enjoyable if you have to force someone to stay put? it is not healthy for a child to be forced to deal with a parent that thinks his life is ruined by the child.
No one is forcing a pregnant woman to parent the child to which she gives birth. There are thousands of families waiting to adopt a baby and provide a stable life.

By ending the life of a child that the parent finds inconvenient or a punishment, we will never know whether they had an enjoyable life, will we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies