Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 12:39 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
No one is forcing a pregnant woman to parent the child to which she gives birth. There are thousands of families waiting to adopt a baby and provide a stable life.

By ending the life of a child that the parent finds inconvenient or a punishment, we will never know whether they had an enjoyable life, will we?
Yet how many children in the US are in orphanages or foster care? About 400,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 12:41 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so much wrong with this post there is no reply to the mixed up thinking.

feminists are as individual as each and every woman. so is the way we deal with our own reproduction. don't want an abortion great, feminist support you. it's called choice.

mind your own uterus or sperm and I will take care of my own.
Please be intellectually honest. Women who call themselves feminists today have nothing but hatred towards women who do not stop the heartbeat of their unborn child. They HATE pro-life women and they do not support women who believe that life is precious. Please don't lie about it.

Pro-life advocates were shouted down and told they were not allowed to march in the "Women's March" in DC. Why is that? If you value life you are not a woman?

Sorry but pro-abortion is NOT pro-choice unless that choice is to stop a heartbeat.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:41 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Besides, to all of the people against abortion here, and against protected sex as well, look no further than Communist Romania under Ceausescu.

He banned abortion and birth control, and twenty years later, the population had exploded and the country was experiencing widespread famine. Hundreds of thousands of people were starving literally
Not to mention the tens of thousands of children left to die in orphanages. They looked like concentration camp survivors when eventually found, and were permanently damaged physically, mentally, and of course emotionally by this atrocity. Ceausescu had stopped international adoption, because he wanted to build the population of the country - never mind the evil that required. There are videos on YouTube that will break your heart, no matter what your political persuasions...if you have a heart to break.

BTW, abandoned kids with disabilities still, today, frequently suffer similar fates in bleak orphanages and remote mental institutions all over Eastern Europe. Makes me fear for my own species, to know we can be so cruel to innocents like these.

I have nothing but praise and admiration (actually, I also help with fundraising from time to time) for those who adopt children from such places, no matter what their views on abortion. I know many families who are extremely "pro-life" who walk the walk, and who adopt, contribute to children's well-being causes, and advocate for responsible use of birth control. I know other adoptive families who personally would never chose abortion, but who view it as an individual choice. Adoptive parents in both categories advocate for special needs adoption, and better public education about the potential of kids with special needs as well as the fate of such children in the countries of the developing world.

I wish more people on all sides of this issue could find similar common ground.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 01-30-2017 at 12:51 PM..

Old 01-30-2017, 12:42 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If abortion is illegal, maybe people would be more careful about birth control?
Like when abortion was illegal?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:43 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Like when abortion was illegal?
People's historical memory seem to be hilariously inadequate. How as a society can we so intransigently refuse to learn from our past mistakes?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:44 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Please be intellectually honest. Women who call themselves feminists today have nothing but hatred towards women who do not stop the heartbeat of their unborn child. They HATE pro-life women and they do not support women who believe that life is precious. Please don't lie about it.

Pro-life advocates were shouted down and told they were not allowed to march in the "Women's March" in DC. Why is that? If you value life you are not a woman?

Sorry but pro-abortion is NOT pro-choice unless that choice is to stop a heartbeat.
pro choice means supporting choice. all three. you can be pro abortion and never have one.

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:

You are very odd.

I am pro-choice and I support whatever a woman decides to do with a pregnancy. Someone else's pregnancy is none of my business. I consider myself a feminist and know many women who have not aborted. I have two children and have never terminated a pregnancy. Feminism is about supporting and trusting that a woman will make the best decisions for herself and her family no matter what she decides.

On the march and pro-life women, I know pro-life women who went to the march. I also don't hate pro-life women.

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
And here we go with the false equivalencies. Trying to compare a material good to a human. Try again
So you concede that an unborn child is a human, correct?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
most people do.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Twisting my words, nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies