Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 02:46 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Not my feelings at all, just what I have observed from the Deep South. It would seem that every white father's worst nightmare down there is their daughter getting knocked up by a black man.

You think just because someone brings a point up that they believe that. Doesn't work that way. My fiance is mestizo and I'm white, so I don't care what race or ethnicity someone is
Well now that you have let everyone know how superior you are because your fiancé is a different race, that must mean that you are the only one aloud to hold a valid opinion, right?

Those bigots don't just come from the south, I met plenty of white liberals with the same mindset on the east coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That wasnt really the point but yeah "we" do blame others and make lots of excuses. McDonalds made me fat, sue, I cant afford healthy food because I'm poor and the cheap food makes me fat, its my thyroid, its the sugars and gluten, etc. etc. And yes taxes go to cover health insurance and medical bills for high blood pressure and diabetes.
The real point is there is no argument that we have sex just to procreate as neither do we eat just to sustain life. Both are pleasurable and there are triggers that compel us to partake without calculating the probability of risk of undesired outcome like pregnancy or obesity, gout or diabetes despite our precautions against it.
Then dont.[/quote]

How does the inability to control your passions, change the biological fact that the defining purpose of sexual intercourse is to procreate and extend the existence of a species? I don't deny that sex is enjoyable in and of itself, but isn't that a byproduct of the underlying purpose. If sex were not enjoyable, wouldn't the species die out? So, while we can agree that sex is fun and feels good, the ultimate goal of sex is to produce offspring? Why is that so difficult to admit. I mean, it is basic science.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Congratulations! You are responding exactly like I thought you would. Hooray for confirming first impressions. May I also assume you will fail to address any of the mildly challenging questions I asked you? Seems that is the angle > cant answer the points insult the person.

I am trying to fill out my irrational arguments bingo card.

With this one I got to fill in the center ad-hominem square, I only need you to put forward 2 more fallacies for a bingo!

And what kind of argument do you call the one I responded to? Be sure an fill that square while you are at it. How was I supposed to answer:

"There is no logic, the opposition is 99% bible bangers who think there is a magic soul that pops in the second sperm punctures egg. Why would you expect a logical position from that kind of magical unicorn thinking?"

Were you actually expecting an answer to that insulting diatribe?

Old 01-30-2017, 02:57 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I don't believe that men should be able to just walk away either, but that is exactly what the culture of abortion has done: it has alleviated men from the responsibility of taking care of their offspring.
That's BS, and you know it. Or should. A man...a real man will step up and take care of his responsibilities no matter what, whether abortion is legal or illegal. I don't know much about men, but that much I do know.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Please observe the smearing, desperate deflection, and emotional arguments. Anything to excuse themselves from having to answer any of the difficult questions posed earlier.

Oh yea and: BINGO!
Sure, are you talking about the bible belters and unicorn believers you have been you have been mentioning?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:03 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The party of science makes sure we don't feed the bears at Jellystone because it actually throws off the natural equilibrium of nature. .
No, we don't feed the bears, because it ruffles the feathers of the rangers. That, and if you get too close they will try to eat your feet.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Pro-life for most people who claim to be pro-life, really means "pro-birth." They are everything BUT pro-life. They are protective and caring as long as you are a fetus. Once you are a "baby", too bad, so sad, there's no structure to support that life that the mother knew she couldn't support.
Again, that is nothing but a false cunnard from pro-choice groups.

All one has to do is put the words "charities for pregnant girls" into your favorite search engine and you will be inundated with links to a multitude of charitable organizations that provide shelter, financial and emotional assistance, training, educational assistance and parenting classes both before and AFTER the birth of a child. Here I will even get you started!

https://www.mercyhome.org/pregnant-a.../#.WI-3rE2Qz3g

Welcome to Mary's Pregnant Teen Shelter - Donate - We Welcome Pregnant Teens in Orange County Get Help Today.

Extended Family - A Charity Assisting Single Parents in Financial Need

Charities Support For Single Moms And Their Children

Old 01-30-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The statement was made that there are thousands of families waiting for a child. One presumably that would be aborted. Yet there are at least 400,000 children out there without a home and no family that wants them. So I'm refuting that there are thousands of families out there waiting to adopt a child. Do the math.
What I see and apparently what society in general is moving towards or would like to see is everyone having a higher standard of life. Not just monetary, that's a plus as well and helps to rule out some of the negative aspects but perhaps a stable two parent home with job security, adequate medical care, healthy food, access to a good education for, etc. Its not about happiness but lessening the chance a child will be born into a situation where one or both parent isnt ready to become a parent, doesn't want to be a parent, cant handle being a parent, cant afford to be a parent. Where the child will end up neglected, more susceptible to poverty and crime and perhaps even abuse.
There are thousands of families out there waiting to adopt babies. How many of those 400,000 you point to are babies? I don't deny that there are older children living in group homes or foster care that would love to be adopted and it is a tragedy for them and all of us that there are not families out there willing to adopt older children, but this discussion is regarding the alternative to abortion. Choosing not to abort a baby means that there is a baby available for adoption, and as far as I am aware, in the US there is not 400,000 newborns in group homes or foster care awaiting adoption.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:09 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
But it does, if you act responsibly. Why in hell is that so difficult for the left to comprehend?

If you act responsibly, you don't have children out of wedlock. You don't have children before you're ready. You don't end up on welfare.

I will never understand why the left thinks it's okay not to be held responsible for your own choices and actions? You want birth control, YOU BUY IT. Why the F do I have to support your sex life? YOU support it. You can afford the alcohol to get you drunk enough to sleep around, you can afford a fricken condom. (General 'you')

Prevent an issue? DON'T SLEEP AROUND.

If you end up still having the issue because you're an idiot? Stop killing, put up for adoption.

It's total logic...unless you're a leftist who thinks nothing is their own fault.
You can be doing everything responsibly and disaster can still happen. What happens if you are driving the speed limit, wearing your seat belt, not blaring loud music, keeping your hands at 10 and 2, but your tire blows out and you lose control of the vehicle and you are disabled for life? Would you tell that person "well, you shouldn't have been driving!"?

"Oops" moments can occur with almost everything in life. Stuff happens. It's just part of life.

You mentioned people sleeping around. Do you not realize that married people can have abortions as well? It's not just trashy poor people. Actually, the trashy people usually end up WITH the kids. They probably should have had the abortion.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:10 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I'm all for personal responsibility. If someone is pregnant and doesn't want to be a parent, they have a personality responsibility to do something about it. Getting an abortion IS being responsible. I think some pro-life folks think people use abortions as birth control. I find that hard to believe.

My friend's girlfriend in college became pregnant. Her BC failed due to another medication interfering with the BC. She was being responsible by having an abortion. If she had given birth, she would have had to drop out of college and get a low paying job. My friend and her are married and happy now. She works in biotechnology.
More responsible would have been to allow the child to have a life and put the child up for adoption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies