Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 02:21 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
I am not "anti-choice" I believe in choosing life and choosing to parent the child or to allow for the child to adopted. How is that "anti-choice'? Is giving life not considered a choice to so called "pro-choice" advocates?

Oh, and PS - answered that question.
That's not a choice at all. The woman only has one choice in that case: to give birth. That's like saying you can either put black rims or white rims on your car after you buy it. Yeah, but what if you don't want the car at all?

Being pregnant puts a lot of strain on a body, requires doctor visits, and special care. If I didn't want a child, it's certainly not something I'd be willing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 02:22 PM

778 posts, read 339,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So if you care so dearly about the unborn, then don't you think a law should be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth? If she violates that law, then she must be charged with murder and subject to a jury trial if she pleads innocent?
Because women should not be punished because they have been led to believe that the product of intercourse has no value. Because I think what you suggest is Orwellian and totalitarian and pure evil. Also, I don't believe in using the power of the state to control people.

I am pro-choice because I believe in the value of all life and I would hope that all women have all the information they need to understand that abortion is stopping a beating heart and denying the potential of another human being that which they were given. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Who is they are the people in Latin America. Most, if not all abortion is banned there. Their very dominate Catholic religion discourages use of birth control. So you end up with an abortion rate much higher than in the United States. Because of that is a major reason why I am pro-choice. Many Catholics in the U. S. frown on birth control.
But, that is their choice, right. Choice?

Old 01-30-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a living breathing adult woman trump's all when it comes to her choice to be pregnant or not
And that is your opinion and I understand that. And in a situation where the life of the mother is at risk, I agree that the preservation of existing life takes precedence over the preservation of the potential life, but in my opinion, all life is valuable and I feel great empathy for the woman who makes that decision.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:33 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I was married when I had my oldest and got pregnant with my second. The divorce was final days before my youngest was born.

I had no idea I would be a single mom at the start of either pregnancy. Life is not always predictable when you have other people's decisions that effect your life. I would not have chosen a single parent life, but it was the cards dealt to me. I do a remarkable job supporting them the best I can, but assistance does provide health care. I do work full time.
Do you still have the two properties worth half a million (in your words)? It may ease your burden to sell one and then you wouldn't have to rely on assistance, especially cajoling others to do heavy repairs and remodeling on your property for the payment of dinner.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
You seem fixated on the "beating heart" aspect which seems somewhat illogical as it is the brain not the heart that contains "who" a person is. The heart is just a muscle that pumps blood.

Would you be against abortions before the point of the first heartbeat then?
I am against abortions from the point of conception, but most abortions involve stopping of a beating heart. The beating heart indicates a living being with potential. The issue is not the value of "who" a person is, the value is in life itself.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
If you stop and actually read my Op, I did state that people want birth control to not be provided.

No birth control is 100%. I have gotten pregnant on the pill, condom and an iud. Our is the most effective. I have a friend that got pregnant after having her tubes tied and her husband had a vasectomy. That was a shock.
Sounds like your friend was meant to have a child. I hope they accepted that gift as the opportunity it was intended to be.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
If true that God knew everyone before they were born, why didn't God see to it that Hitler would become a miscarriage? Who knows how many pregnant woman got killed, due to the war efforts Hitler sponsored.
Sorry, I am not a theologian and I thought this discussion was about abortion and birth control, not a theological discussion.

But, even if this were a theological discussion, I can't begin to claim the arrogance to tell others why God does or does not take certain actions or why God thinks this or that. I have never claimed I could, either.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:40 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Please explain the logic. You have a group of individuals that want abortion to be illegal. They want planned parenthood (birth control to low income) to stop being funded, and the same group, are the first to tell a single mom that should not have had kids, she could not afford.

Life does not work that way. You can't take away someone's ability to prevent an issue, but then blame them when they have an issue.

Seriously, someone please explain the thought process because it really makes no sense.
But it does, if you act responsibly. Why in hell is that so difficult for the left to comprehend?

If you act responsibly, you don't have children out of wedlock. You don't have children before you're ready. You don't end up on welfare.

I will never understand why the left thinks it's okay not to be held responsible for your own choices and actions? You want birth control, YOU BUY IT. Why the F do I have to support your sex life? YOU support it. You can afford the alcohol to get you drunk enough to sleep around, you can afford a fricken condom. (General 'you')

Prevent an issue? DON'T SLEEP AROUND.

If you end up still having the issue because you're an idiot? Stop killing, put up for adoption.

It's total logic...unless you're a leftist who thinks nothing is their own fault.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
So - abortion before first heartbeat: OK or NOT OK?

If the answer is NOT OK:

Frozen fertilized IVF embryos: HUMAN or NOT HUMAN?

If the answer is HUMAN:

Should we then prosecute IVF workers for mass murder when they dispose of expiring embryos? After all, there might be some souls in there.
My beliefs - life begins at conception and abortion is the ending of a human life and the potential of that life.

Frozen fertilized IVF embryos: definitely human if created from human sperm and egg.

The final question is a medical ethics question I can't answer. Do frozen embryos have souls? I have no idea. Do frozen embryos have the potential to be living human beings with the potential that comes with that. Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies