Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:03 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times

Advertisements

bot.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:24 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Getting old? Please. Republicans protested, lied, and talked smack about Obama for years.

RW folks were hanging and burning Obama in effigy when he was elected.

https://www.google.com/search?q=burn...HbFXDJAQsAQIGQ

Tea Party was holding protest rallies all over the place. Remember all the misspelled signs?

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters | TheHill

We're barely two weeks in and already the OP is tired of the protests and Kellyanne ConJob is whining about how, "If you’re part of Team Trump, you walk around with these gaping, seeping wounds every single day."

You all need to buck up.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:35 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Most people's protests against him have little to do about his political identity and all to do with his general attitude, choices and behavior.

Some of the things he chooses to do or say transcend political factions and fall in to the just plain untrusting and uncertain people category

America loves it tiny boxes though.
it doesnt matter what it is, someone will find a way to make it either a liberal or conservative "issue"

All that said...
EVERYONE need to stop this silly behavior and attempt to listen to one another and control themselves. it's not a political "problem" it's a people problem

Old 02-04-2017, 04:49 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I love the revisionism, but at the end of the day, it's STILL revisionism.

You folks whipped up Tea Party hatred against the man at fever pitch. You implored Republicans in Congress to reject working with him less they be voted out, and you all assiduously primaried out any Republican that even smiled at Obama, let alone worked with him.

The names used against his wife like Moochelle, Chewbacca and all kinds of primates are things that shouldn't be so easily forgotten, and if i have my way, they won't be.

Your crowd has spend the last eight years belittling African Americans for voting for him and giving him support. And Obama's opponents emboldened foreign leaders to show him the most rank disrespect ever shown a U.S. President. Republicans begged Netanyahu to speak out against their own president in their own country IN OUR NATION'S CAPITAL, and you guys all thought it was wonderful. Then i watched Republicans speak glowingly of Vladimir Putin while putting down their own president.

Now i wonder why all of this happened? Let's see...what's so different about Obama compared to his predecessors?

Like i said, take your medicine. Trump is getting the business, and he's gonna KEEP getting it. You thought it was cute up until this past January, so don't switch up now.
This. I mean as much as you all attacked President Obama, and all the hate and obstruction that was poured out, it's mind
boggling that you would complain.

But I have to add, it is beyond party...Even if it was a Democrat doing the same actions as Trump is right now, people would be
protesting and rising up against it. Because it would still be wrong, and it would go against the fabric and the nature of our Country and our Constitution. His actions are deeply disturbing, to the point you have to question his mental stability.

And all this "alternative fact" stuff is just ridiculous. How do you expect us to believe anything that Trump and his people say,
when they constantly tell lies? Also....Hang up on the leader of Australia, threaten the leader of Mexico? What next?

He will face this outrage as long as he is in office. It's part of the package.
If he can't handle it, then he needs to step down.
If you can't handle it....I will give you the same advice people gave us when we complained of the treatment of President Obama...suck it up snowflake!

It is a free country. We have a free Press. We have freedom of Speech.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 02-04-2017 at 04:59 AM..

Old 02-04-2017, 04:55 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

We're barely two weeks in and already the OP is tired of the protests and Kellyanne ConJob is whining about how, "If you’re part of Team Trump, you walk around with these gaping, seeping wounds every single day."
There's a reason that Team Trump feels that way and it's not because a republican president was elected. As the old saying goes: You reap what you sow. Team Trump purposefully sowed a horrible things. I'm just shocked that they think people they denigrated should lock-step worship the man. Politics aside, he and Steve Bannon are just plain awful people at their core. And the outright lies and manipulation of the people are very hard to sit back and take or to even find a rationale basis for. The only thing that keeps coming up as reasoning for it is an absolute desire to exert full control over everything and everyone.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:01 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
So is Trump.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I don't see how they can keep it up for 8 years. I guess that being vocally anti-Trump is the new liberal virtue signalling that replaces driving a Prius or whatever.
Didnt seem to be a problem for righties to trash Obama for 8 years,didnt even recognize him as being an American, the GOP did everything they could to obstruct his Presidency now the rightwing snowflakes are crying that their messiah is the brunt of hate from the left ,call it payback time,we on the left are going to enjoy calling this chump on his every action we are going to call him lots of derogatory names and hopefully in the process insure he is a one term President.Personally i dont think hes going to last that long,his colossal ego will conspire to drive him insane at not getting what he wants,he will probably end his Presidency with a medical discharge for mental incompetence..

Old 02-04-2017, 05:43 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
All that said...
EVERYONE need to stop this silly behavior and attempt to listen to one another and control themselves. it's not a political "problem" it's a people problem
People problem? Of course, it's a people problem.

We have two people in the WH trying to burn our country to the ground. Bannon has been clear for years that this is what he is up. Trump may be doing it due to sheer incompetence. Nonetheless, he's on board with the plan.

Whatever the Trump voters thought they were getting when they filled out their ballot for Trump, I'll just bet you most were not voting to burn the place to the ground.

The left has been listening and they are appalled and alarmed. Ginning up a war with Iran? Who wants that? Well, outside of the military-industrial complex, of course.

Trade wars? How does this create jobs, pay down the national debt?

Attacking and attempting to muzzle the free press? Who voted in favor of that?

The right hasn't been listening, and the protests are a way to be heard, a way to wake up the complacent, a way to back up the courts.

If the court fold, we're toast.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:48 AM

372 posts, read 521,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The death throes of liberalism.
It works BOTH ways....

Old 02-04-2017, 05:51 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

You all need to buck up.
Never in human history has there been a group as cowardly, corrupt and hypocritical as these Trump lemmings.

Maybe after their orange leader siphons their money to build the wall and get rid of the scary brown people they can finally have their safe space and stop all their endless crybaby whining and paranoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies