Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:47 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Thank you...

Everyone who goes on about all the negatives with no recognition of the positives, the economics and/or any understanding as to the true reasons things are the way they are is hardly worth the time, but I make the mistake of trying to balance out the perspective anyway.

No, of course the average American doesn't do all those things that essentially provides the incentives for illegals to come here for work, but OBVIOUSLY all those jobs done by illegals are paid for by American businesses, large and small, (who break those laws in doing so). They too don't care.

Aside from the many more wealthy home-owners who hire these house cleaners and nannies, there are lots of Americans who have their vegetables picked, landscaping done, plumbing, lawns mowed, snow shoveled, meals cooked and restaurant dishes washed by Hispanics, legal and/or illegal -- and these are not jobs "taken" from average Americans! Those are typical notions held by older white Americans who basically have NO CLUE as to what is going on around them in these regards, other than what they hear propagandized to them on their favorite Fox network.

"The business of America is business," and what is done (or not) to address illegal immigration is not a function of what average Joe Americans want or what Trump tells them. It is what the more powerful business interests want that matters, rules the day. Trump gives lip service to all who are equally xenophobic, his supporters love it, while meanwhile nothing really significant is done to change the status quo. Building the big Trump wall provides the perfect visual, but it's all show with little about it that makes sense from a practical game-changing standpoint.

Again, I used to own an employment agency, and my biggest problem with regard to this issue was that my competition was hiring illegal workers without thinking twice, while I was trying to compete by only hiring people legal to work. Anyone wants to be serious about reducing illegal immigration should focus their angst and frustration on employers, those laws and their lack of enforcement, or you are a hypocrite plain and simple. Focus on those efforts, that legislation, the resources required to go after employers, or what is one to assume? Easier to just rail at liberals and illegal immigrants because that's easier? Insult all Hispanics, why, because you don't understand them, but do the employers who hire them to repair your roof?

That or you are simply uninformed and misguided as to the dynamics of what has these people here in American illegally in the first place; their fully legal American employers giving them both cover and money, who certainly do NOT consider them criminals, but rather sometimes even providing them housing...

Most people I know would do EXACTLY the same if they were trying to escape the hardships and poverty of their home country the likes that many Hispanics are dealing with, to find where better to pursue opportunity for themselves and their loved ones. That's pretty much the story of America from the beginning. We are all descendants of immigrants, legal and illegal, who came to America primarily for those same fundamental reasons...

Not to ruin the country but the opposite, at least with hopes the country continues to offer opportunity for all, not just the advantaged and wealthy!
How on Earth do you have so much free time on your hands, to write all of this nonsense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 12:02 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Are you saying when an illegal commits a crime and is caught, there is no record of it? I am confused.....
No that wasn't what I was saying at all.

The person I was responding to made the claim:

Originally Posted by Fiyero
Because they have crime statistics? New York is the safest major city in the country. It's also the largest and has the most immigrants.

So he's saying that NY is the safest major city in the USA, then he cites the fact that they have the most immigrants.

SO?

Immigrants are not illegal aliens.THAT was my question. How many of the immigrants are illegal??

What's even more absurd is that FIYERO's response was to a poster who ended their question with:
"is this just a case of liberals lumping together illegal immigrants with legal ones" ?

So in his response he does just that.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:22 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
How on Earth do you have so much free time on your hands, to write all of this nonsense?
Probably takes me no longer to write what I do than it takes you to write your little diddies/questions, but part of the answer to your question is comfortable retirement at a fairly young age, thanks to learning some things, work and little tolerance for "nonsense" actually. I comment here for just a little while in the morning while waking up, before I get on to doing something productive with the rest of my day.

Just for kicks really, to scratch my political itch that gets more irritated than usual when I read some of these comments in some of these threads...

You seem to toss your little peanuts from the peanut gallery quite often yourself. How do you have the time to read and waste still more time writing little meaningless nothings? Like say for example instead of this comment of yours above, what -- specifically -- do you consider nonsense?

I mean surely you can do better, right? Just about anyone can...

Old 02-15-2017, 10:26 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
No that wasn't what I was saying at all.

The person I was responding to made the claim:

Originally Posted by Fiyero
Because they have crime statistics? New York is the safest major city in the country. It's also the largest and has the most immigrants.

So he's saying that NY is the safest major city in the USA, then he cites the fact that they have the most immigrants.

SO?

Immigrants are not illegal aliens.THAT was my question. How many of the immigrants are illegal??

What's even more absurd is that FIYERO's response was to a poster who ended their question with:
"is this just a case of liberals lumping together illegal immigrants with legal ones" ?

So in his response he does just that.
Often hard to tell who is interested in the facts, information, the truth of these matters as compared to just more nonsense, but just FYI...

There are thought to be over half a million undocumented immigrants in New York City. They come from many parts of the world, especially Latin America, Asia and the Caribbean. About 70% of them have paid work, in catering, construction, retail, driving, cleaning and many other trades; at least in catering, their wages tend to be lower than those of comparable workers. However, provision of healthcare, education and welfare benefits, in addition to law enforcement, imposes a net cost on public funds. City regulations restrict public officials and police officers from enquiring about immigration status of residents with whom they come into contact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega..._New_York_City
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies