Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:06 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Thanks Craig Creek, you're a walking historian.
I may have a bias, as I have been to Russia and previously Eastern European countries and I like the people.
There are many Russians in Miami, and prob other places - they are a great people- this is about the politicians it is always about the heads of states that are egotistical power hungry cold bistirds who ruin life for the rest of humanity.
I think any that rise up and cannot play right with others--- needs a bullet in their heads within the first 3 mo of misbehavior-
I knwo -I know- we have a free will, but there should be a HUMAN court-held by all countries,,, and take these bad boys and women, if any,--- OUT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 08:46 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
It's well known that CNN, and liberals demonize Russia and are pressing for war with Russia...Along with a couple Republican war mongers...Trump is bold going against all these haters of Russia, and taking a sensible approach. Better to be friends with Russia...for once...And to avoid world war 3.
Are you familiar with Pete Seeger's "Waist Deep in the Big Muddy"? Given your user name, I figured you probably are. Might be time to revisit it...along with a lot of other songs of that era.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:00 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
If you are a dark skinned person, a racial minority, let alone a black person then you are off the same ilk of blacks that worked for the Beligum cutting off limbs of other blacks in the Congo.

You are the reason, and dark skinned people like you, that the French, Spanish, Brits, Portuguese colonized nearly all of the Earth's land mass.

So, let me be clear, I support both Russia and Assad. The US and Western European side in this are in fact, colonial forces, working with Saudi Arabia to basically screw over millions of dark skinned Muslims and Christians.

So, yeah, there is no me seeing 60% Assad side and 40% American side. I'm 100℅ Assad side. Same thing with Al-Sisi in Egypt whom the vast majority of Coptic Christians support and cheer. No, I don't care if Americans don't like Al-Sisi being a strongman leader crushing radical Muslim dissent in a way Obama and Bush might find brutal and undemocratic.
You do this thing where you're incredibly insulting, yet never coherent enough to retort. It comes off very hotep-ish. If you want to talk about what we're talking about, I'll be around.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Thanks Craig Creek, you're a walking historian.
I may have a bias, as I have been to Russia and previously Eastern European countries and I like the people.
You're welcome - I lived it.

I have Ukrainian relatives and friends. I love them dearly. I like the people of Eastern Europe, too, but don't confuse them, especially the Russians, with Vladimir Putin and his minions. He's ex-KBG, and it shows. Badly. He gives strong evidence of wanting to recreate the old Russian Empire - just look at Ukraine's sad recent fate. And his lackeys see nothing whatsoever wrong with their leader taking their country into the invasion of a sovereign state and all that that entails.

Sadly for the Western World, the optimistic days of Glasnost are far behind us now. I don't think they can return until Putin is gone, and I don't foresee that happening any time soon. We need to keep our guard up, encourage the smaller nations who are being threatened by Russia, assist their struggling populations with humanitarian aid, and listen to what Putin has to say - and more importantly, pay very close attention to what he does. Allying ourselves with such a man comes with a potentially very great cost.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:07 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Russia is now aiding the Taliban:

Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials | Reuters

Russia bombed an air base in Syria that was used by US forces:

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed US base in Syria | Fox News

No one is calling for WWIII, but we need to recognize that Russia is a hostile nation that belongs under sanction.
It's crazy, I'm 28yo and grew up learning about Russia in school, the cold war, The Soviet Union, commies, how back in the 50's-80's many on the right would accuse many of being Russian communist spies, etc.

I get things aren't that bad now, but it's still one hell of a U-Turn.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:28 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times
Quote:
You do this thing where you're incredibly insulting, yet never coherent enough to retort. It comes off very hotep-ish. If you want to talk about what we're talking about, I'll be around.
The only thing incoherent is your constant whining about white supremacy while turning around and supporting and advancing its institutional structures.

There is the old cliche, "Unless we learn from history we are doomed to repeat it."

So, the US backed overthrow of Gaddafi in Libya is now a part of history. What has been learned from it as can be applied to the Syrian dilemma now?

Not me, but scholars, point out that centuries ago neither black Africa nor the Amerindians of South, Central, and North America could have been overthrown (except for costal towns) by white colonial forces without the aid *and complicity* of the native black and Amerindian populations. So, what can be learned from that for any dark skinned non-white today? Is Assad the f---ing Aztec king or something? If so, kindly about how bad the Spanish Conquistadors were to overthrow Assad and replace him with "moderate" Amerindians, as they did a marvelous good advancing Western "values."

So, how does one understand the multitude, and their are multitudes, of rebel fighters in Syria flooding in from all over the region to topple Assad? Well, in modern Black-American terms I would suggest we draw the analogy to the Crips, Bloods, Gangster Disiciples, Vice Lords, and so on. Those would be the "moderate rebels." Ben Carson and an educated black wife, for sake of argument say her alma mater is an HBCU like Howard University, they would be the Assad and his wife. The "non-moderate Muslims" or in this case the "non-moderate Black-Americans." So, the CIA and Democrats along with those serpents the new-con Republicans would be financing and arming the "moderate Black-Americans" the Crips, Bloods, Gangster Disciples, and Vice Lords to topple the non-moderate Black-American Dr. Ben Carson (Assad is a medical doctor that lived in England, not Saudi Arabia). You know, so, the whiny a$& Black-Americans can stop complaining about how whites stereotype Black-Americans, or rather to give them something to continue to claim victimhood about into infinity. So, of course, the Crips, Bloods, Gangster Disciples, and Vice Lords even while being financed and armed by the CIA and trained by Navy SEALs and Army Special Forces, they continue to fight and kill each other. (Oh wait, that's what the rebels fighting Assad's legitimate military forces are doing. Yeah, I see a Happy Ever After story taking place like in a Libyia if they take over. )

Speaking of which, don't Democrats loooooove hearing some Republicans stereotype all Muslims? Or is that something you all like to complain about too? How unfair Republicans are to stereotype all Muslims?

I mean, don't all Muslims hate Christians and if in power kill and oppress Christians?

Like say.... Assad and his Western looking Muslim wife.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-8eAPwf8I
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and First Lady Asma al-Assad visiting Christian Church.

Ivan Sidorenko 20,145 views

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sBonA2-dUdk
Syria's Assad pays Easter visit to old Christian town

AFP news agency 2,204 views

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWiVHHsihMI
Bashar & Asma Assad visit orphans at ancient Saidnaya monastery at Christmas

RT

So, in the last vid we see Assad, his wife, and kids looking just like Obama, his wife, and his kids. No one is in burka but maybe for those Christian nuns they are visiting. Notice they treat those Christian nuns with kindness and respect.

But who are the Democrats and neo-con Republicans arming and supporting, mostly the Muslims that will in fact kill and/or oppress Christians, kill other Muslims they don't like, and basically carry out in the fashion of stereotype about Muslims some Republicabs have that Democrats say is so horrible.

News flash, stop arming and financing Muslims that do all these atrocities then Muslims wouldn't be getting all of these stereotypes.

The USA is like the Spanish here: trying to topple the Aztecs and replace them with moderate "Indians." And the Russians are backing the Aztecs and trying to help them keep their kingdom (albeit, the Aztecs were really an empire). Frankly, historically, the Aztecs were faaaaaaaar worse than Assad or the masses of Muslim Syrians supporting Assad.

But that might bring us to the Amerindians of what is now the USA and how non-moderate like Assad many of them were and needed to be subdued by good white Americans. I'm far from an historian on Amerindians in the USA but I do recall famous names like Geranimo and Sittin Bull. Not sure if they were non-moderates or moderates for the US Government or not. But I do now the Apache and Comanche nations, and a good number of other plains Indians nations were far more savage and cruel to captives and enemies than Assad is or his Muslim Syrian followers (whom protect Syrian Christians).

Many of the black African nations the whites took over in Africa were savage and cruel too to black slaves and rival black tribes. Carrying out human sacrifices and stuff.

So, if you support Assad being overthrown like the Aztecs, Amerindians, and black African kingdoms, then please about how unfair whitey has been. Evidently he saved your black and red from a life of primitive savagery and backwardness.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-16-2017 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: language

Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Russia is now aiding the Taliban:

Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials | Reuters

Russia bombed an air base in Syria that was used by US forces:

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed US base in Syria | Fox News

No one is calling for WWIII, but we need to recognize that Russia is a hostile nation that belongs under sanction.
so... what?

YOUR SIDE gave them 25% of our uranium and now you want us to go to war with them?

#typicalPROGhypocrisy

Old 02-16-2017, 12:34 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,024,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

I have Ukrainian relatives and friends. I love them dearly. I like the people of Eastern Europe, too, but don't confuse them, especially the Russians, with Vladimir Putin and his minions. He's ex-KBG, and it shows. Badly. He gives strong evidence of wanting to recreate the old Russian Empire - just look at Ukraine's sad recent fate. And his lackeys see nothing whatsoever wrong with their leader taking their country into the invasion of a sovereign state and all that that entails.

Sadly for the Western World, the optimistic days of Glasnost are far behind us now. I don't think they can return until Putin is gone, and I don't foresee that happening any time soon. We need to keep our guard up, encourage the smaller nations who are being threatened by Russia, assist their struggling populations with humanitarian aid, and listen to what Putin has to say - and more importantly, pay very close attention to what he does. Allying ourselves with such a man comes with a potentially very great cost.
Well, the KGB, the waiters and so on. Oh well.
Way invaded.
But perhaps Putin staged a coup?
Perhaps Putin gave Ukrainian tanks team go east on the third day after the coup, when the east were still only protests?
Why invasion goes exclusively on a narrow slice of the troops are coming exclusively to fortified areas?
Why Ukraine does not shoot in the direction of the Crimea? Maybe because there really Russian troops there?
Slaves and genetic debris in the East who tame wanted?
This list of questions is long.
Remember where to start? And I remind https://youtu.be/YP4BVIny7L8

Kiev needs this war and "Putin's invasion" of the air, without the situation they are a month not will stay in power.
So I believe.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

I'd have to agree with you about Putin with a caveat, he is who we have to deal with for the foreseeable future and as such wouldn't it be better to be on "frienemy" terms instead of completely at odds if at all possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies