Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 02:28 PM

46,262 posts, read 27,078,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
It's backed by statistics. Among Whites there's a direct correlation between how educated one is and whether or not they support or disapprove of Trump.

Hint: More years of education = More critical thinking.

Then provide those facts.....not some left leaning rag of a paper.....

Normally, people who say "facts" also provide the link to back up their words....but as we can see, you could not.....but, that would not be part of "critical thinking" now would it?

Old 02-20-2017, 02:33 PM

31,010 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Republican Party? No.

Certain voting blocs like Evangelicals? Yes. Certain voting blocs? Yes.
That is most likely, as most main stream Republicans, Bush, Rubio, have moved to Center with respect to Immigration, applauding their gay members, and hopefully pulling us out of additional conflicts. The Dems seem to be moving further left

Old 02-20-2017, 02:34 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Outnumbered like 7 to 1 by mouth breathing pro Cheetah threads
I'm set to show 40 threads per page. Right now, 4:31 EST, there are 22 anti-Trump threads showing on page one.

Do the math.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:35 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm set to show 40 threads per page. Right now, 4:31 EST, there are 22 anti-Trump threads showing on page one.

Do the math.
It's been more than usual lately, we anti-Cheetah's are getting around to posting again

Old 02-20-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Do the math.
LOL...he/she gave the 7-1...and you expect them to complete an actual math problem?

Old 02-20-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
It's been more than usual lately, we anti-Cheetah's are getting around to posting again
Perfect, you admit you lied.....

Old 02-20-2017, 02:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
That Republicans "won the battle but lost the war"

That Democrats are favored in the future

True or false?
Just look at what the party has done in the past 6 years: that is your answer. It is no where near the end of its life. Why would you even ask that question? All you have to do is look at all the young Republicans holding national offices and the number of state governors that have a R next to their name. I would be more concerned with what is happening within the Dem party.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Should have added a poll. Anyways, I vote true. I bet in 15 years, all the gains the Rethuglican's have made flip around
That's not much of prediction: all parties run hot and cold from time to time. Maybe you should think more with your head than with your heart?

Old 02-20-2017, 02:59 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Alienated by civil rights? Are you really implying that civil rights are bad?
I'm not alienated by the civil rights movement, but plenty of the SWWC were. Surely you learned about all of the people upset with school integration, etc? Nixon took full advantage of it. The South has been a Republican stronghold ever since.

Quote:
To what another poster said, no the Democrats are not focusing on minorities too much. In fact, i all minorities voted, the Republicans would have almost no chance of winning with their current platform.
Whites are now a minority. The largest minority, but still a minority of the whole. Nonetheless, the White Working Class is (or was) a key Democratic constituency since FDR. They were a key part of the New Deal Coalition. The Southern portion of that bloc defected to the Republicans after the civil rights movement, but the Democrats still had the Northern portion: the Northern White Working Class (NWWC).

The NWWC is socially conservative (but not to the point of being alienated by civil rights legislation) and economically liberal (pro-labor, pro-social programs, pro-protectionism).

Unfortunately, the Democrats threw the NWWC under the bus in the 1990s when they went along with neoliberalism. The NWWC is now reduced to working two minimum wage jobs to put food on the table. The response from political elites is this: let them eat cake. That's why Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, and Pennsylvania went Red and Trump is now in the White House.

Quote:
I do think that the Dems should try to appeal to as many people as possible, but I think their platform is by far the most inclusive of the two major parties. Also, it's not like the Republicans seem to cate about the middle class anyway, they favor the rich.
The Dems are "inclusive", but don't give a sh-t about the growing gap between the rich and poor. It's true that the Republicans don't give a sh-t either, but "hope and change" sells. "Make America Great Again" resonated with the NWWC. For them, Trump was the "hope and change" candidate, while Clinton was the establishment candidate.

Quote:
The Southern strategy is about fearmongering and the culture war anyway, not economics or improving the lives of even white people.
Correct. But it worked nonetheless.

The reality is this: neither party gives a sh-t about working class people. It's all a game of pandering to this or that identity group (based on race, religion, ethnicity, etc.). Divide and conquer.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:01 PM

30,347 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Yeah there are more elected Republicans than at any time in over 100 years and hey control 99% of American political power....if that's not on their last gap, I don't know what is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.