Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 07:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
That Republicans "won the battle but lost the war"

That Democrats are favored in the future

True or false?
Both or Neither
Much depends on how the Dems reform their own Party and how well or badly the Republicans and trump do. Right now the Dems are still in disarray but the Repubs are getting themselves in hot water because they do not seem to be able to fulfill their promises. What I see is a golden opportunity for a new Party to take up the vacuum being left behind by the Big Two, one based on Common Sense and Moderate Ideals would takeoff overnight, most Americans are sick of the Big Two and would welcome a Party that actually represents them and the Nation.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:40 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
Quote:

True or false?
false, the Republicans are undefeated since Trump was elected.
The fake reality bubble of CNN has been popped. liberals continue to lose their minds.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:53 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Republicans already know they can't win on their ideas.

Gerrymandered districts, voter suppression, purging voter roles, "swift boating" candidates, ...

Doubt this is the last gasp, however.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Republican Party? No.

Certain voting blocs like Evangelicals? Yes. Certain voting blocs? Yes.
Agreed.

This looks very bad on them.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:06 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,083,845 times
The Republicans have worked for years to take America into the gutter. They won. And their guy took it so low even they are astonished. But other than some tacit "I am not sure this is the best thing" type comments, nobody on the Republican side is stepping up to say this guy is a nut job, we don't want to be gutter dwellers, and this has to stop.

What does that tell you? The Republicans are happy where they are at. Screw the people, we control all of the assets through a handful of VERY wealthy individuals, we control the government, and we are well on our way to freezing out the "little guy" (like those fools who voted for us thinking they were going to get something from the party). No health care, tax cuts for the rich, drill anywhere, take off the environmental controls (warming is a hoax), eliminate trade treaties, isolate our allies, and generally espousing a model of "bravado" which captures the minds of the simpletons (the deplorables) while we screw them into the ground (and get them to pay for it all!)

It might be the last gasp, but it is a very long breath and will take years for any well meaning group to reverse the damage. I give the empire of Julius Caesar for example, or, more appropriately, any of the great global dictators. They were really roaring...until they crumbled.

Ditto the Republicans.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:08 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
False. Do the simple math of congress+ governors + state congresses.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:14 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
I am old enough to have read the epitaph for both parties many, many times.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:29 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,761 times
False. The Democrats need to decide what they stand for, instead of just being anti-Trump and Republican. They need to make a clean break from the Clinton/Obama/pelosi alliance with Wall Street.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:32 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:

True or false?
False. Out here in normal America, we love Trump. You need to get out of your safe place more. You might learn how normal people who are not brainwashed think. Our air is fresh and we are breathing just fine.

Did I read something about a weird smell in New York City?

And as many of our founding fathers declared, "We are a Christian nation since Obama is gone and we have a president that says, "God bless America."

Old 07-03-2017, 11:17 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
False. Out here in normal America, we love Trump. You need to get out of your safe place more. You might learn how normal people who are not brainwashed think. Our air is fresh and we are breathing just fine.

Did I read something about a weird smell in New York City?

And as many of our founding fathers declared, "We are a Christian nation since Obama is gone and we have a president that says, "God bless America."
you do know your Daddy was born and raised in NYC?? But I guess he's the only good one born in non-"normal America"? Can you please also point me to where I can read up on more quotes about the founding fathers discussing Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies