Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 PM

30,379 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

The Republican Party must attract more Asians and Hispanics to keep or increase its power....no doubt about that.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
I don't think so. I don't the Republican party really wanted Trump. I think most wanted someone who knew a little about history, geography, the political process and really did want to serve the people in The White House. They will get a candidate that has integrity -- or as much integrity as most politicians have...and they will turn it around.

You think they blanked George W. Bush in the campaign after he was President ---LOLOL....the next Republican candidate will be standing so far from Trump.

This is not at all what the country needs.

And you folks can blame the media -- but that is really giving the media more credit than they deserve. If the media were that good -- Trump would not have won.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:32 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,450,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
That Republicans "won the battle but lost the war"

That Democrats are favored in the future

True or false?

False. Going into 2016, I saw a Republican Party in crisis and a Democratic Party not far behind. Reverse it. The Democratic Party is in crisis and the Republicans are not far behind. Dems are favored in 2018 but I don't think they can get out of their own way before then.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:34 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:

True or false?
Trump isn't really a Republican. Yes he became one for his campaign but he doesn't fit the party mold. If the Republicans were completely honest most of them would say they don't like him.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:45 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,446 times
Quote:

True or false?

I lean to True.

Actually I thought the Reps were already done, so was shocked when Trump got in.

Just goes to show us, no one has a crystal ball.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:12 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump isn't really a Republican ... he doesn't fit the party mold.
Mostly true, but parties evolve.

Especially true of the Republican party.

One distinguishing characteristic of the Republican party has been it's close ties to business interests, and the bigger the business the more influence it had in Republican policies and platforms. This has been consistent for 150 years.

Will these well heeled sponsors stick with the party? I think they will if their own agenda moves forward. Mr Trump has actually been giving them just that.

Despite the rhetoric coming out of the Trump campaign the White House has been giving the business community a great deal of deference and they must be quite satisfied. He is much more attentive to business interests than working people's interests. Beyond the rallies Mr Trump has been acting like much more of a traditional Republican than his public persona would lead us to believe.

His biggest problem will be keeping the base together, the administration staff has factions like a Byzantine court. As long as the factions within the White House are placated, they will bring along their followings.

I believe we could see a third party movement erupt on the right if Trump does not run again in 2020. The working class voting base and the big business donor class are an unstable combination for the long term.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:

True or false?
False.

Hell; a year ago people were saying it was gonna be Hillary and who won the Repub primary, THose people were half right.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Republican Party must attract more Asians and Hispanics to keep or increase its power....no doubt about that.
Agreed tho between now low birthrates if talking Hispanics and, IMHO in a few years that "race" label will be stopped which will cause many of their kind to simply ID as "white". Too: many people with 1 Chicano or Puerto parents and the other parent a light skin anglo white, they'll also ID as white.

Black people: more and more mixed race no longer claim "Black" especially if they have light skin and straighter real hair.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:44 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
I think this is just the beginning unless Democrats get real about why they lost... it wasn't Russia.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
The rust belt which normally votes Democrat sent a clear message to Democrats, stop making empty promises to us! What do Democrats do with that message... "Anyone who voted for Trump are idiots who were manipulated by Russian hackers. The number one threat to the working class isn't being able to afford a mortgage or rent, it's climate change. Jobs are secondary and we all need to stop being selfish and buy Teslas!" It just shows how out of touch they are with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies