Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 07:55 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, it is anti-Semitic. Think back to WHY the Nation State of Israel was created.

So, again, answer the questions... WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?
I can't possibly answer your inane question since you refuse to accept there's a difference between a religion and a nation. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows at worst Obama's inaction was political payback for Netanyahu's lame attempt at an end run around Obama by addressing Congress. If Bibi's not smart enough to realize actions have consequences, it's about time he learns.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well if you believe they are the same thing, then you believe they are the same thing. I don't care to get into this type of debate here.

I found it annoying when one sentence is highlighted and the rest of the post is ignored.

I don't believe it's possible to understand the rest of the post without understanding the highlighted sentence.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:02 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't believe it's possible to understand the rest of the post without understanding the highlighted sentence.
well, it is not my problem if you read too much into it

I posted

Antisemitism is not the hatred of Judaism nor is it hatred of people who practice the Judaism. Antisemitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state.

MEANING, in my opinion (should have added this )

The definition of anti-semitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state. Example, The Nazis believe judaism is a RACE, not a religious practice.

the Nazi's categorized the Jews as a race, and persecuted them on this basis, not the on the basis of religion. This effect of causing people who didn't follow the Jewish faith to identify as Jewish since they were being persecuted for being Jewish. It's an example of how race is a social construct, and I think this is a large part of why you now have "atheist Jews."

Old 02-21-2017, 08:03 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
I can't possibly answer your inane question since you refuse to accept there's a difference between a religion and a nation. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows at worst Obama's inaction was political payback for Netanyahu's lame attempt at an end run around Obama by addressing Congress. If Bibi's not smart enough to realize actions have consequences, it's about time he learns.
Obama would engage in "political payback"? I thought he was smarter than that.

Dangerous thing to do, to take revenge that way. It emboldens other nations to do the same.

Not good, unless the intent is to encourage and embolden that way...

Regarding your other statement...WHAT is the difference between the nation (race) and the religion in Israel's case since they are both.

Really, I would like to hear.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:04 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
I can't possibly answer your inane question since you refuse to accept there's a difference between a religion and a nation.
You have to know actual history to understand WHY the Nation State of Israel was created. Given historical facts, answer the following questions:

WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, it is not my problem if you read too much into it

I posted

Antisemitism is not the hatred of Judaism nor is it hatred of people who practice the Judaism. Antisemitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state.

MEANING, in my opinion (should have added this )

The definition of anti-semitism is the hatred of Jews as a people. It can also be the sincere belief that the Jews are not a people and thus do not deserve a state. Example, The Nazis believe Jew is a RACE, not a religious practice.
So many contrived excuses for their hatred of Jews.

Regardless of belief, they are a people. And they are a race. And they deserve a country of their own.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have to know actual history to understand WHY the Nation State of Israel was created. Given historical facts, answer the following questions:

WHY would Obama side with anti-Semitic countries? HOW is a US President promoting anti-Semitism good for the US?
Once again, very simply, disagreeing with the actions of a nation IS NOT the same as hatred of the practitioners of a particular religion and has NOTHING to do with why a nation was founded. IF they're one and the same as you allege, WHY do 100% of Israeli Jews NOT support Netanyahu's actions?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
So many contrived excuses for their hatred of Jews.

Regardless of belief, they are a people. And they are a race. And they deserve a country of their own.
I think it can be viewed as a race or a religious practice, or both.

I think having a Jewish state is good for everybody. (including Christians and Muslims, especially in middle east.)

Old 02-21-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
WHY do 100% of Israeli Jews NOT support Netanyahu's actions?
Not all anti-Zionists are anti-Semites.

However the line is in many cases very thin. Many Arab countries make little distinction (e.g. the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion is required reading in many school programs). Also for those seeking a convenient cover for their anti-Semitic views where better to hide then amongst the so-called ‘progressive’ anti-Zionists.

I support both Israel and Palestine, but I don't believe Netanyahu has done anything wrong. Historically speaking, Jews were simply different from the majority of people and they had no country on their own. It was therefore easy to accuse them of treachery, disloyalty and blaming them for everything.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Obama would engage in "political payback"? I thought he was smarter than that.

Dangerous thing to do, to take revenge that way. It emboldens other nations to do the same.

Not good, unless the intent is to encourage and embolden that way...
And Netanyahu attempting to sabotage the Iran deal Obama believed best for the US was WHAT? WHY are you so in favor of Israel's needs taking precedence over those of the US?

Quote:
Regarding your other statement...WHAT is the difference between the nation (race) and the religion in Israel's case since they are both.

Really, I would like to hear.
I don't believe Israeli is a race any more than American is a race. Both countries have citizens of varied backgrounds. Nor do I believe Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, et al is a race, all have practitioners of various ethnic, national backgrounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies