Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:49 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Contrary to many, unless you are smart enough to rig some scam to swindle money, crimes don't really pay well.

Stealing may net you a few dollars each time and you get caught pretty quickly too.
Crazy thoughts become rational when you haven't eaten in 4 days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 09:50 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Contrary to many, unless you are smart enough to rig some scam to swindle money, crimes don't really pay well.

Stealing may net you a few dollars each time and you get caught pretty quickly too.
Ehh, I know of a few retired dealers that made upwards of a $250k annually. That would never work for me because I am way to fragile for prison, but some say it is worth the risk.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:53 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
OK, you have a point. But that's not what I mean.

Let me rephrase. Hunger is a motivator for immediate decision based needs. But it is a terrible motivator for long term planning, or any kind of planning for that matter.

I came from a 3rd world country also. People may be motivated by hunger to do back breaking labor for pennies, but they will never be motivated to do any better.
To be honest, in order "to do any better" people need to be born with certain mental capacities to begin with, in order to make "long term plans."
Not everyone has these capacities, so they will be simply exploited, because hunger IS a motivator indeed.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:57 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Ehh, I know of a few retired dealers that made upwards of a $250k annually. That would never work for me because I am way to fragile for prison, but some say it is worth the risk.
Criminals have very short lifespan too.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:00 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
To be honest, in order "to do any better" people need to be born with certain mental capacities to begin with, in order to make "long term plans."
Not everyone has these capacities, so they will be simply exploited, because hunger IS a motivator indeed.
These are also the same people who on average breed a lot more than the rest of us. This is another huge cause of poverty that nobody wants to tackle because it is politically incorrect to say anything.

We have all seen the single mom with half a dozen kids from 5 different father's on welfare. Anyone who claims to have never seen this is a damn liar.

These people without the mental capacity to plan their lives breed out many kids ensuring the next generation will be just as dependent on the system as they are.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's not really born with but taught.

My sister only worked a short period of time and quit the work as soon as she's pregnant. She just had the 3rd baby that she can't afford, but my parents just coddled her - they have been coddling her ever since she was born. Lucky for her that she's married to a husband who makes OK money, and our parents bought her a house and plan to give her all their savings.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:02 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So Maine's politicians are expecting these people to just sit in their homes and die? Interesting strategy.
Not if you and every other liberal writes a check to them. I'm sure you could put an ad on Craigslist/Portland to find a worthy family to support.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
These are also the same people who on average breed a lot more than the rest of us. This is another huge cause of poverty that nobody wants to tackle because it is politically incorrect to say anything.

We have all seen the single mom with half a dozen kids from 5 different father's on welfare. Anyone who claims to have never seen this is a damn liar.

These people without the mental capacity to plan their lives breed out many kids ensuring the next generation will be just as dependent on the system as they are.
But they are good Democrat voters, no?

Why are you still a liberal?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
It's not really born with but taught.

My sister only worked a short period of time and quit the work as soon as she's pregnant. She just had the 3rd baby that she can't afford, but my parents just coddled her - they have been coddling her ever since she was born. Lucky for her that she's married to a husband who makes OK money, and our parents bought her a house and plan to give her all their savings.
It can be both born with and taught.

There is a woman I know. Anyone who has ever talked to her knows she is mentally slow. She just gave birth to her 3rd kid. No father. No husband. The system supports her. That's all she knows.

Reminds me of the crazy liberal group who tried to tell everyone there's nothing wrong with down syndrome people breeding.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
But they are good Democrat voters, no?

Why are you still a liberal?
No they are certainly not. I know this is a stereotype that never goes away. From my experience, poor people tend to vote Republican because they are always social conservatives. Just like union members. Almost all union members I know vote Republican.

Added by edit.

Why am I a liberal? Because I genuinely want to help the poor despite them voting against my rights every time. Like I said, ignoring poverty or cutting them loose does not solve anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies