Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:29 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,650 times

Advertisements

Glen Greenwald piece on this thing.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/01/...ar-propaganda/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 01:08 AM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Heh, Yemen and the Russians are fighting terrorism. They are not on our side, right?
I say let the Russians use up their Military Equipment all they want, and we can keep ours at home.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:15 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
He is entitled to nothing. The son was an adult. How many parents whose kids died on D-Day asked for an investigation?
Good point. How many parents, wives, etc. asked for an investigation as to why 4,500 died looking for wmds?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:25 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
I don't quite understand the thought process here.

When people join military, they have decided that they will be ready to die for the country, for any reason, right or wrong.

We can question the judgment of our commanders, but at the end of day, every commander makes decisions based imprecise or even conflicting information. Often, that's just a judgment call or damned either way.

So where's the angry from?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:28 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

When people join military, they have decided that they will be ready to die for the country, for any reason, right or wrong.

We can question the judgment of our commanders, but at the end of day, every commander makes decisions based imprecise or even conflicting information. Often, that's just a judgment call or damned either way.

I think the anger comes from grief. You cannot really reason with a grieving dad. I'd give him some time.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:16 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the anger comes from grief. You cannot really reason with a grieving dad. I'd give him some time.

I agree with the rest of your post.
The Confederates to this day don't like former President Abraham Lincoln viewing the North's War of Agression (Hmm... sounds like an "agressive Russia") as an unjust and equally unneeded war. But I doubt they are grieving.

The US should never have been involved in Libya or Syria or Yemen or Iran or the Ukraine in the first place.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
The Confederates to this day don't like former President Abraham Lincoln viewing the North's War of Agression (Hmm... sounds like an "agressive Russia") as an unjust and equally unneeded war. But I doubt they are grieving.

The US should never have been involved in Libya or Syria or Yemen or Iran or the Ukraine in the first place.
I have no ideas what point you are trying make with your first paragraph. I believe the dad is still grieving because he lost his son a month ago. So it is understandable that he is still angry.

I don't disagree with your second paragraph.

Overall, I have no ideas why you quoted me. and I don't mean to disrespect you, I genuinely have no ideas what your point is.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:27 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,153 times
Quote:

It's grief. Everyone handles grief differently. Remember Cindy Sheehan? I personally felt awful for her and what she went through; she lost her marriage, sold her house so she could camp out in front of Bush's residence in TX in search of answers, etc. At the same time, I was appalled at the way she expressed her grief. She did it all to honor her son's sacrifice, but I felt she was actually cheapening her son's sacrifice, which was total opposite of what she was trying to do. This father probably felt the same way.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Good point. How many parents, wives, etc. asked for an investigation as to why 4,500 died looking for wmds?
There were a lot of protests led by Cindy Sheehan. They all ended in November 2007. The wars certainly didn't.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:

I can't imagine anyone thinks that.

Quote:

We have absolutely NO business being in Yemen. None.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies